• Image of Club - Too strict

15 15.96%
  • Image of Club - Too many boyracers

4 4.26%
  • Other (please state on post)

39 41.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Making SXOC Better - Not a member! How Come?

Rides
    i havent joined for one reason only and thats coz am a lazy c*^t lol sorry

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rising son View Post
    personally for what i use the forum for i dont see a benefit... i source my own parts very cheaply therfor club discounts ect arent an interest to me, and i dont really plan on using my 200 on a track, its a great forum tho and if i had too i wud join but until then im happy as it is
    i hope once you've been to some meets you'll start to see the other benefits

Rides
    Used to pay when I had an Sbody, do not at present so don't. If I ever fall from grace again ill prob renew

Rides
    I was a member but as has been said before, i didn't see any real benefits from the discounts given, and never attended any meets so gained little from it. But after all these years i felt i should contribute something to the running of the forum, least i could do.

Although the projects section is nice to have access to.

Rides
    Nothing much ever happened in northern ireland that i did not organise so stopped paying membership, think i paid it 2 years. No area rep anymore reason i was told was there was not enough official members so none was voted.. Nuts to that me thinks, its a car club lets not get to anal about whos a member and whos not. So i voted "no local events" Also spent time organising things between skylineowners.com and here as was a rep on skylineowners.com at the time. The things i did organise were good and had good turn outs but always had to label them "unofficial" cause it did not have the "sxoc seal of approval" lol. However did get told off once or twice for trying to organise things because i was not a area rep. again nuts to that, if no one else wants to and lets be honest not many up north are going to travel to the south for a meet, whats the harm in gathering up the local northern ireland owners
    There are also a huge amount of sx's over here, lots. And most the ones that are seen about are busy out and about, not on the internet worrying about vvt rattle lol. Especially the big power ones. But nothing much happened in the ireland section and what were active members now mostly are well and truely off the radar.
    Meh, im not a owner anymore but i say i will be back. My signature history can predict that.
    Last edited by eager; 23-12-2010 at 19:13.

Rides
    I was a fully paid member for a long time, even through times of non s-body ownership.

The main reason for not renewing was financial priorities, not so long ago for me every penny counted and I know £20 isn't much, but that's some nappies for the littlest

Now I'm more financially sound it's more because of how I utilise the forum. I keep in touch with the friends I've made here over the years and generally attend the local meets, I don't get to any events anymore and don't buy parts from traders so I wouldn't benefit from the discounts. Those events I do make it to I'm happy to pay the additional, this year that still cost me less than membership.

I appreciate that I often ask advice on here and you could argue that is worth paying for, but I do also provide my own advice where I can so I like to think I put something back. If I had to pay to use the forum full stop? I don't know what I'd do, I think I could stay in touch with everyone I want to via other channels and I'm not sure I'd like the thought of being forced into it.

I'm fairly certain when I have a decent car again and would like to make use of club track days etc I'd sign up again.

Bottom line, I love this club and this forum, have met a lot of really decent people through it and many of these are now also people I would consider to be good friends. I just don't feel the need to pay to mainly chat in non 200 at the mo

Rides
    Financial priorites.

Rides
    Same as dellboy although I've just signed up in a kind of Xmas charity type motivated thing, but the beauty of this place is that it doesn't force anyone to pay, else we'd lose a lot of knowledge and community spirit.

Having signed up again, it's pretty much as I expected/remembered. Hopefully there'll be a rust free stage 2 s13 that doesnt look like its crashed through halfrauds for sale in the members section. Ever the optimist, me.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibbers View Post
    Same as dellboy although I've just signed up in a kind of Xmas charity type motivated thing, but the beauty of this place is that it doesn't force anyone to pay, else we'd lose a lot of knowledge and community spirit.

Having signed up again, it's pretty much as I expected/remembered. Hopefully there'll be a rust free stage 2 s13 that doesnt look like its crashed through halfrauds for sale in the members section. Ever the optimist, me.
    there might be soon, pm me what your looking for

Rides
    Only one reason i havent signed up which is i don't own an s-body yet. I became interested in the site as i was interested in getting an s14a and thought the best people to speak to were the people that already own them, and a credit to the members on here as even know i havent signed up thay have provided no end of info on these car's when ive asked about them..so thanks. I have been interested in other cars but it would cost me a fortune to sign up to every site for a car i might not buy !. I have my mind set on a 200 now so kind of see becomeing a member as a reward for getting a 200, abit sad some might say. I suppose having different levels of memership would work but might also make it difficult for people to get advise on purchaseing the cars (as i was) rather than maintaining them as i imagine most members use areas of the site for ???? All just my opinion of course.
    Hopefully ill be able to talk from a members point of veiw soon

Ste

Rides
    im a new member with a fairly standard S14 so will be joining the members section after the new year as I am sure i will benefit from discounts and reduce prices for crail so should pay for itself in the year

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    A little incentive to people who have never been members. There are mucky threads in the members section thats worth the money alone
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    A little incentive to people who have never been members. There are mucky threads in the members section thats worth the money alone
    Very true - Chris suffered a long time off work with a hand injury due to said members section

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulpen View Post
    Very true - Chris suffered a long time off work with a hand injury due to said members section
    That was meant to be a secret
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    You non member types realise that discounts on insurance and parts are for any car, not just the 200, right??
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    I haven't owned an S body for a while now, don't really go to any events / don't seem to be any in London? Am sceptical about the insurance discount but do enjoy reading the board!

The technical sections helped me A LOT when i did have S bodies though.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    You non member types realise that discounts on insurance and parts are for any car, not just the 200, right??
    yep, but i am able to source my insurance and parts cheaper locally, even with the SXOC discount.

on a side note, is the SXOC Daily Quiz i setup still running in the members lounge?
    Last edited by Monkey; 24-12-2010 at 10:23.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
    yep, but i am able to source my insurance and parts cheaper locally, even with the SXOC discount.

on a side note, is the SXOC Daily Quiz i setup still running in the members lounge?
    yes it still goes strong

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_e1 View Post
    yes it still goes strong
    thats been going for a few years now,