• Image of Club - Too strict

15 15.96%
  • Image of Club - Too many boyracers

4 4.26%
  • Other (please state on post)

39 41.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Making SXOC Better - Not a member! How Come?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    And i think its sneeky advertising a car thats not a S body in your sig so have removed it

You want the members benefits then you have to pay for them

ok how about now in my sig - not advertising so surely thats legal?!

also i dont understand your point re pay for the benefits? SXOC dont charge to use the for sale sections apart from "other cars".... or is that what you are implying?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_reepers13 View Post
    ok how about now in my sig - not advertising so surely thats legal?!

also i dont understand your point re pay for the benefits? SXOC dont charge to use the for sale sections apart from "other cars".... or is that what you are implying?
    guest can buy and sell 200's as that's of benefit to them and the club ( new members etc etc.

guests can buy and sell parts for 200's for the same reason

guests are not allowed to sell non 200's as it offers no real benefit to the club members.

as for your sig.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_e1 View Post
    guest can buy and sell 200's as that's of benefit to them and the club ( new members etc etc.

guests can buy and sell parts for 200's for the same reason

guests are not allowed to sell non 200's as it offers no real benefit to the club members.

as for your sig.

lol fair enough - removed

yeh what i said in my earlier post was i like the fact non members dont have to pay to use the parts/car sales (sx's)..

that is a great attraction to the forum but if you changed that like other forums to make ££££ then thats when it may put folks off...

Rides
    i havnt renewed mainly due ot the fact i havent been arsed, and every time i go ti, the money could be better spent.

the local community isnt the best, its not Fliks fault, but there is little interest from Dorset and Hants people, we used ot have a good monthly meet and organised events, but some of the familar faces have gone/lost interest. i would be prepared to go to more events locally, and would pay for membership if there was more events i could get sub'd on, but there isnt any. Flik (rightly so) will say there wil lbe no/little interest and the Dorset and hants people will say there are no events being planned, how can you plan and event when you know no one will show interest in the thread, let alone actually come.

i echo SXbas's point on the trader discounts, i had only used a couple of traders and was told "that is the member's price" or "this isnt included as i make no proffit on it anyway, my prices are cheap" so i shopped else where, and found that on some parts i could get it cheaper than a trader on here even with my suposed members discount.

maybe traders could put on their threads on here with prices for stuff show the members price and non-members prices, and you have no real guage of the prices.

Note to Staff: do you actually monitor the traders discounts or do you take their word for it?, do you get a report back seeing how much money was spent by members and what sort of discount they received?

as this "could" constitute as false advertising, you say a discount will be had, (not giving an actualy %age) and the traders not giving it, or not perceiving giving it.

on the insurance, i had found that they are more expensive with the discount than other insurance companies with out any discount.

the only REAL discount i ever saw was on the SXOC branded merchandise,

since becomming a guest i miss the members lounge, lots of 'interesting' topics.

i like that in the for sale section you can only sell non 200sx's if your not a member (stops alot of ramdom for sale threads)

I really want to come to the national events, but something always crops up at the same time theat means i cant, and i would pay membership just for the weekender alone.
    Last edited by Monkey; 23-12-2010 at 12:17.

Rides
    Just for kicks, decided to sign up using paypal (all done now) lets see how long it takes.

Head SXOC Security and small penis department TheBigShow's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibbers View Post
    Just for kicks, decided to sign up using paypal (all done now) lets see how long it takes.

i bet it'll be quicker than normal. lol

Rides
    Wow! Done already!!! Amazing!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by byebyegti View Post
    i bet it'll be quicker than normal. lol
    ta fa

Rides
    One of the things that would benifit me would be the discounts for some of the locally heald events. The only one that i am aware of is the SXOC crail drift day.

It is a good event but im not really interested in participating in drifting, i would rather do a dedicated grip event at either crail or knockhill.

I guess there is not enough demand for an event like this because everyone who buys a 200sx these days purely wants to drift it... correct me if i am wrong though

If Grip events of this nature were organised at crail / knockhill then i would most likely become a member again

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BigG View Post
    One of the things that would benifit me would be the discounts for some of the locally heald events. The only one that i am aware of is the SXOC crail drift day.

It is a good event but im not really interested in participating in drifting, i would rather do a dedicated grip event at either crail or knockhill.

I guess there is not enough demand for an event like this because everyone who buys a 200sx these days purely wants to drift it... correct me if i am wrong though

If Grip events of this nature were organised at crail / knockhill then i would most likely become a member again
    grippers are welcome at the crail day though as has been posted on the thread the last couple of times

you'll eat more than your 20 quids worth of bbq food at crail days alone

Rides
    grippers are welcome at the crail day though as has been posted on the thread the last couple of times

you'll eat more than your 20 quids worth of bbq food at crail days alone
    I am aware of that but i am talking about dedicated grip days

I have taken part in one of the SXOC crail days before and it was very well organised and good fun. It is difficult though to drive the car to its full potential when other drivers are fishtailing all over the straight infront of you and not letting you past.

I have attended a dedicated grip day at knockhill before and have never had this problem because the slower driver will pull over to the right and allow you to pass.

So from here we can look at this issue with 2 points of view

1. Its mainly for drifters, deal with it or don't attend

2. Perhaps stricter rules should be applied to the existing events that allow faster drivers to pass on the straights?

Rides
    Will just chip in with one thing. I rarely attend any events now, at all, but will continue to go to Japfest the club subsidises the ticket, saving about 4 or 5 quid I believe, and I normally take a mate (so 8 or 10 quid saved), I then have a couple of burgers which are a) free, and b) far nicer than the shit you pay £3 for from the van. So in just ONE event, i've almost got my membership money back...

Sign on the dotted line folks

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides

G, as kieran has said, grippers are Welcome

There is a thread like this in the members section to get our feedback on the service we currently have. A few of the down south members said the wanted local track days. this was my reply

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    See "SXOC Race Series" thread for the reasons why they dont really happen.

I think for SXOC Track days, your local rep should get info in local track groups and try to piggy back on their events...

For example, Scotland's Only "race" track is Knockhill (everything else is kinda rubbish) now, it costs a fortune and not enough Scottish members could pull together to get a dedicated night/day. So I would suggest posting up the dates in which http://www.trackscotland.co.uk/ hold their events at Knockhill and use their nights. That means even if a small group want to go; say 6 or 7 members, you could all make a great night. It might be possible as a club to discuss some form of discount with them, but TBH, paying what they charge doesnt bother me as they are always top class nights
    I'm sure the Scottish section had Track Scotland posts up all the time, dunno where these have went. There are a few girppers in Scotland who would be keen to hit Knockhill on a night event, myself included (if I could ever get a car that works

As a track, I wouldn't ever grip crail as its gash surface. IMO its not worth it. Does fine for skidding.
    Last edited by Rubix_Cube; 23-12-2010 at 14:39.

Rides
    I am aware of that but i am talking about dedicated grip days

I have taken part in one of the SXOC crail days before and it was very well organised and good fun. It is difficult though to drive the car to its full potential when other drivers are fishtailing all over the straight infront of you and not letting you past.

I have attended a dedicated grip day at knockhill before and have never had this problem because the slower driver will pull over to the right and allow you to pass.

So from here we can look at this issue with 2 points of view

1. Its mainly for drifters, deal with it or don't attend

2. Perhaps stricter rules should be applied to the existing events that allow faster drivers to pass on the straights?
    well i'll discuss this with kev for the next one.

main problem with crail is that for all we make the rules of the day crail tend to ignore us and do what they want so it becomes quite hard to police.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post

As a track, I wouldn't ever grip crail as its gash surface. IMO its not worth it. Does fine for skidding.
    I agree the surface is terrible, however for the price you pay and the track time you get you cant complain, it just goes back to the rules i mentioned previously.

It would be awesome to organise some sort of SXOC knockhill thing, perhaps joining on to another event would be the way forward. I intend to use my sx at some of the knockhill run events next year.

well i'll discuss this with kev for the next one.

main problem with crail is that for all we make the rules of the day crail tend to ignore us and do what they want so it becomes quite hard to police.
    I do understand where you are coming from, you can kinda tell the marshals dont really give a f*ck and just want their beer money for standing in the cold all day. There must be some sort of way of implimenting a system that works though?

I would be interested to hear if you guys come up with a solution

Rides
    well my memberships just ran out and ive tried pming jezz but cant as my inbox is now full but i dont want to delete them all.

ive sent my payment over with my real name and user name as requested. money should go straight in as was in my paypal account anyway.

i know its my fault for not realising i hadnt done it but mods be nice and try not let me inbox delete its self!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by donnylad View Post
    well my memberships just ran out and ive tried pming jezz but cant as my inbox is now full but i dont want to delete them all.

ive sent my payment over with my real name and user name as requested. money should go straight in as was in my paypal account anyway.

i know its my fault for not realising i hadnt done it but mods be nice and try not let me inbox delete its self!
    Sorted.
    Even your PM box might be back.

Rides
    it is, thanks alot. join up peoples its better because it is!

Rides
    i havnt renewed mine becuase im poor

Rides
    personally for what i use the forum for i dont see a benefit... i source my own parts very cheaply therfor club discounts ect arent an interest to me, and i dont really plan on using my 200 on a track, its a great forum tho and if i had too i wud join but until then im happy as it is