Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Crysis 2 - Looking damn fine

Rides
    Not gonna buy this until I get some feedback on how it runs on the PC with average hardware. Made that mistake with Black Ops which turned out crap.

Rides
    got it day early too awesome for words

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by wutang200 View Post
    Not gonna buy this until I get some feedback on how it runs on the PC with average hardware. Made that mistake with Black Ops which turned out crap.
    I linked a quick and dirty review of C2 performance above on various cards.

If your pc is running integrated graphics and a p4 or something like that then stay away as its got no chance.

Mine is currently downloading from Steam

Rides
    Anyone playing this yet then?
    Just had a go, runs fine on high settings, 1920x1200 resolution with:

Phenom II 940 @ 3.8ghz
    Radeon 4870 (runs slower with crossfire enabled, lol.)
    4GB 1066 ram

It seems good so far, very pretty

Last edited by Mike_S13; 25-03-2011 at 17:49. Reason: Pics

Rides
    I am still downloading it, got the full thing then it sort of moaned a bit about an update and now its pulling in another 3 gig..

Steam...meh lol

Rides
    PLayed it for an hour or so from 5, took a couple of hours to download, and its bloody amazing! The single player is stupendous!!!!

On an i7 here, with 12 gig and no swap file lol!

I like to see my desktop so my res is 1680 x 1050 all setting to the absolute max on a 280 GTX

Rides
    I might treat myself to thIs today... Is there much swearing in the single player campaign? My 7 year old likes to watch my playing various games but I don't let him if there's language or horror... Shooting people fine, swearing not so much

Rides
    From the bit of in-game campaign footage I watched yesterday, there was a few times where I could hear swear words bleeped out. Whether or not that's something selectable in the options I can't tell you.

I'm thinking about picking this up myself, but I've not played the first one so don't really know what it feels like.

Would have liked a co-op campaign, but that doesn't look to be there.

Just downloading the multiplayer demo on XBL now to see if I like the control method.

Rides
    Played a bit last night (whilst very tired) and been playing this morning. Don't know why there's such a big hoohah from 'teh haters'. It looks like a Crysis game, it plays like a Crysis game. What's not to love .

Rides
    I played this for a bit last night mu specs are:

i7 875K@4Ghz (Watercooled)
    8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
    Solid State HDD
    2 x GTX460 1Gb In SLI

I am running it on the extreme setting at 1920x1080 and it plays great.. The one thing tho...

I Am REALLY beginning to wish i had bought it for my PS3 instead..

The original Crysis was great on the PC and with the tweaks on the suit useage (Press and hold jump for super jump, Press and hold run for super speed, q and e for armour and cloak) are all fantastic.. But.. There are some buttons that are too far away.. i know they are mapable but habing stelth kill as V (Default) is a complete pain.. You slowly walk up to enemy and it shows you the icon that promts to stealth kill while you are fiddling about for the key he decides to realise you are there and start shooting at you... I just feel it would be more fluid playing on a console... But the graphics on extreme with good hardware are stunning...

Rides
    Maybe I should save £20 and buy the first one first? Or do I not need to play it to get into the second?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiruji View Post
    Maybe I should save £20 and buy the first one first? Or do I not need to play it to get into the second?
    You don't need to have played the first at all . The new one walks you through the nanosuit capabilities a bit at a time, so if anything, as ZXSpectrum alludes to, it's actually a hindrance to have played the first one .

I've just had a crash to desktop, something that never happened on the original as far as I recall. Just going to check the forums to see if it's common at the point it happened.

Playing with a single Radeon 5870 with a Core i5-2500 and 8GB of RAM on the 'extreme' setting and it hasn't chugged once (far from it, it's been as silky smooth as you'd expect). It definitely loads faster than the original Crysis (and Warhead) .

Rides
    Oh ffs... Demo has ended so I can't even wander about to see if I get on with the controls or not...

And XBL has been playing up for me so it took an absolute bastard age to download. Like chuff am I buying it just to see if I like it.

Back to TDU2 to get equally pissed off then.

Rides
    I can't decide between this and Bulletstorm

I'm thinking online co-op will be a blast on Bulletstorm but the single player will be much better on this...

Rides
    Decided to buy Bulletstorm and Crysis while I wait for Crysis 2 to drop in price

Rides
    Been playing it for half an hour or so, feels like crysis at the moment which is er well to be expected

No problems with performance, although i dont think the graphics are as good as the original with tweaks, it does move better though.

Rides
    I was bored by the end of the first level on Bulletstorm, very disappointed with PCF as the last game of theirs that I played (Painkiller) was brilliant. Downloading Crysis 2 now, but probably wont get to play it until next weekend.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideways14a View Post
    Been playing it for half an hour or so, feels like crysis at the moment which is er well to be expected

No problems with performance, although i dont think the graphics are as good as the original with tweaks, it does move better though.
    +1
    Graphics are awesome but the original being on Lingshan is better IMO purly because how they portrayed a Island it just looked awesome and how it should be
    just seems to flow better also much smoother

theyve done a top job in New York though with all the light cascading through buildings and such its immense although creeping through the trees and srubs grabbing someone then throwing them a 1/4 mile is so much better than hiding behind a taxi or postbox and doing the same

Anyone been caught through many speed cameras yet?

Rides
    Chat is the dx11 advanced patch due out today that will give us some additional super high quality modes..

Finally.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideways14a View Post
    Chat is the dx11 advanced patch due out today that will give us some additional super high quality modes..

Finally.
    Due tomorrow according to a couple of news sites .

To be honest though, it still looks utterly breathtaking without it . Some of the levels, like the original Crysis, have genuinely made me stop and point and go "oooh, so pretty" .

Don't know how far I've got, but I tell you one thing, I do not feel short-changed whatsoever .