Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Eldar Scrolls V Skyrim

Rides
    Well I finally finished the main story line and then I thought I'd go crazy with enchanting. I currently have a sword with -214 damage, but 535million absorb heath points My magika is in the millions and I can carry pretty much everything in the game - the numbers are so small I cannot read them I'm level 78 will nearly all skills at 100, only magika stuff to level up.

Really enjoyed the game and have kept all my normal armour and swords for when the DLC comes out

Rides
    i love this game too dont forget the DLC DAWNGUARD out this summer
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/0...m-for-vampires

Rides
    Is Dawnguard not out yet? I loved Skyrim just couldnt put it down! Still not completed it lol! I cant seem to get my bow power above 95..

Rides
    I've not figured out how to make things just yet. I do like the sound of converting a room into a storage area.

Rides
    Well I'm abit annoyed. My PS3 broke, so I purchased a new one, and created a new gamertag on it. Installed Skyrim and started playing, but didnt bother transfering all my other saved games to the new PS3.

Finally got around to sorting it all out. Did the proper transfer (Backup - Restore option) and now when I play Skyrim from my latest save, it won't allow me to save any more?

Do I need to create my old gamertag, and then try playing Skyrim from there?

PS3 by the way

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TAS View Post
    Well I'm abit annoyed. My PS3 broke, so I purchased a new one, and created a new gamertag on it. Installed Skyrim and started playing, but didnt bother transfering all my other saved games to the new PS3.

Finally got around to sorting it all out. Did the proper transfer (Backup - Restore option) and now when I play Skyrim from my latest save, it won't allow me to save any more?

Do I need to create my old gamertag, and then try playing Skyrim from there?

PS3 by the way
    can you not recover your gamertag like you do on xbox id imagine you need to do that

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by wutang200 View Post
    I've not figured out how to make things just yet. I do like the sound of converting a room into a storage area.
    do up your smithing to 90 make some crap armour with fortfy smithing enchantments enchnated onto it and than make deadric armour and weapons and enchant these with fortify armour/one handed/magica whatever you use the most and you will muller everything

you can buy a house and get enchanment and alcemy table in it but there no need really i used the tables in riverwood in the secret room though the wardrobe to do my enchanting and there is a chest theren to store enchant stuff

i used the college of winterhold archmages quaters to store everything else becuase i got given this before i saved enough money for a house

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by wutang200 View Post
    You can start it right at the beginning of the game, as you pass the first stones on your way to the first village there is a mine on your right side just down the path, there is a pick in the mine and a few iron ores to clear which gives you the first item needed for basic smithing.
    When you get to whiterun there is a forge on your right as soon as you enter and the woman there even has you make a few things as a tutorial for smithing, she also sells the leather strips of you don't want to hunt animals for a while.
    It's easier to level up smithing there as you can sell items you make to her outside, him in the shop there and the old guy up the hill, if it's bows there is also the shop opposite the first one, it becomes quicker if you get the right stone on your way past the first 3 you see as it increases the correct skills.
    The quickest way is to make iron daggers until your smithing gets to level 30 then go to a dwarven ruin and take anything metal, take a companion as it gets heavy quick.
    The easiest one to get to is markarth as you can get a carriage straight there, raid the metal, make bows then sell them to the people I mentioned above and have a massive pile of cash.
    Enchanting is different as that takes ages to fill the hundreds of soul gems you need.
    If you level one skill too high too quickly it makes the enemy much stronger than you as they work off your overall level.

Rides
    yeah dont level too fast as the enemies will be too hard

i didnt start smithing/enchanting till quite late over level 20 so didnt effect me too much

i made leather bracers and every blacksmith has leather that you need so i just went around every smith i new every 24 hours and made and sold as many leather bracers as possible that way you dont have to carry things or search for iron

Rides
    Wow, finally I'm back in the sunlight!

I got this the same weekend as Le Mans and have been totally and utterly hooked since!

Probably in the last couple of weeks of the game now, just hit level 69 with some awesome Daedric kit, I managed to avoid this thread and any spoilers so made my own way through which has been huge fun.

The only thing I've missed out on is the Dark Brotherhood quest line, I was playing the game as an essentially 'good' character so killed Astrid when abducted after knocking off the crone in the orphanage.

Managed to find 18 of the 24 stones of Barenziah so still got a bit to do there but I'm rapidly running out!

I'm on the PS3 so sadly no Dawnguard DLC for me yet (or ever if Pete Hines tweets aren't just marketing BS!)

What the hell do I do now?!?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by endisforever View Post
    can you not recover your gamertag like you do on xbox id imagine you need to do that

Problem with that is I took out the HD and swapped it with a large one, so when I changed it over, it has wiped everything.

I have created the same Gamertag on my new PS3 and logged into PSN, but whenever I try and load up the saved game file, it comes up with the message, this game save is from another account, saving will not be allowed.

I have searched online, and there is away, but its beyond me. (hex editor, and installing custom firmware on PS3)

I about Level 43, and completed a fair few quests, so I don't want to start from the beginning again.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ***** View Post
    Wow, finally I'm back in the sunlight!

I got this the same weekend as Le Mans and have been totally and utterly hooked since!

Probably in the last couple of weeks of the game now, just hit level 69 with some awesome Daedric kit, I managed to avoid this thread and any spoilers so made my own way through which has been huge fun.

The only thing I've missed out on is the Dark Brotherhood quest line, I was playing the game as an essentially 'good' character so killed Astrid when abducted after knocking off the crone in the orphanage.

Managed to find 18 of the 24 stones of Barenziah so still got a bit to do there but I'm rapidly running out!

I'm on the PS3 so sadly no Dawnguard DLC for me yet (or ever if Pete Hines tweets aren't just marketing BS!)

What the hell do I do now?!?
    Wow epic work dude. im only level 32 thanks to having a sprog lol

Rides
    Free time must be at a premium for you mate!

I'm a bit gutted I can't complete the oblivion walker quest, that's the only thing I can't do quickly from a fresh start sadly

Having a ball just wandering around doing little things now, nearly restored the thrives guild and almost finished collecting all the stones then that will be about it

Til they finally (if ever) release Dawnguard!

Rides
    Can anyone help me out?

I have managed to get my saved game moved over, so I can now continue playing with my old saved game YAY

As I havent played in ages, I have not installed ANY updates to the game which means (IIRC) I can have a play with the potion and enchanting looping thing.

Just to make sure I am on the right path, can anyone check that the below is correct procedure?

1. Get your Alchemy and Enchanting levels to 100.
    2. Learn Fortify Enchanting, Fortify Restoration and Fortify Alchemy potions and enchantments.
    3. Enchant 4 (or 5?) items (braces, neckplace, circulate, ring ??) with Fortify Alchemy on it (it should read 31% each item?)
    4. Have enough ingredients to make lots of restoration and enchanting potions.
    5. Wear Alchemy armour (with Fortify Alchemy on it) and make restoration potion.
    6. Remove Alchemy armour and drink restoration potion.
    7. Equip Alchemy armour and create ANOTHER restoration potion.
    8. Un equip Alchemy armour and drink potion.
    9. Repeat (how many times do you have to repeat this to get a decent level?)
    10. Equip Alchemy armour and create Enchanting potion.
    11. Drink enchanting potion and then create new Alchemy armour with current effects on.
    12. Repeat from beginning, (but for how long?)

Do you then repeat the above process to create powerful items?

I havent reached 100 on alchemy or enchanting (currently level 45 alchemy and 75 enchanting) but I have tried doing as above, and I have managed to get my restoration potion to about 80%, (this is doing the loop about 25 times) and then it starts to decline..? When I create the enchanting potion (using restoration potion at 80%) I get a potion that has 11% more strength than normal, which is pretty shite really.

Where am I going wrong? An idiots guide would be a good start LOL

Rides
    That's basically it but there's a much easier way to do it by buying as many steel ingots and leather strips your can get your hands on. Keep making daggers and enchanting them. Then sell them back to the retailers. If u can afford it invest In their business and it will increase the amount of money the seller holds.

Also if you have any peices of leather use the tanning pad to make leather strips.

You can also get the bartering or speech potion that will mean u get better purchase and sale value

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Leooo View Post
    That's basically it but there's a much easier way to do it by buying as many steel ingots and leather strips your can get your hands on. Keep making daggers and enchanting them. Then sell them back to the retailers. If u can afford it invest In their business and it will increase the amount of money the seller holds.

Also if you have any peices of leather use the tanning pad to make leather strips.

You can also get the bartering or speech potion that will mean u get better purchase and sale value
    Ive already got smithing to 100.. Just need to get the alchemy and enchanting up

Rides

Rides
    roflmao