Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: sr powered (probably) 350z drift car...

Rides
    That looks awesome Matt

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    well its been used!! went to buxton drifting it yesterday,its made me love it even more its very laggy but will just take abit of getting used to for now until i change turbo etc. had a couple of issue's 1st was that a boost pipe decided to come off and i ran over it after alot of hammering my mate kinda straighten it out and i bodged it back on, suprisingly it held up.

other issue was... a fire the high pressure line for the power steering popped shooting all the fluid on the turbo which sent flames everywhere, 1st i new of it was when the pas went heavy then saw smoke coming out the bonnet, by the time i got out the car a marshal was already on it with an extinguisher , its melted the airfilter abit and made a mess of the clean engine bay, apart from that no damage.

i new there'd be teething problems so not fussed at all, just need to get it fully road legal to test some more instead of wasting drift days!

someone found a short video, not sure how to link them up tho? if this works turn the volume up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szXHEg0LW4Y

and a picture one of the dodgem squad boys took...

Last edited by Matt; 25-09-2011 at 16:50.
    SLIDEMOTORSPORT - Find us in the traders section or call 01977 647277

Rides
    I love the look of this car!

Sorry to hear of the few teething problems. Much needed to get in road legal?

Rides
    That looks so awesome

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by The Simps View Post
    I love the look of this car!

Sorry to hear of the few teething problems. Much needed to get in road legal?
    i new there would be issues so not fussed all it needs to be road legal is tax, its mot'd and insured but cant tax it until the vic check is complete which will hopefully be this week coming, then just got to wait for the logbook

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_L View Post
    That looks so awesome

Rides
    Saw about the fire on facebook. Glad you can finally get out using it, makes all that hard work and crazy hours worth it now. I'll have to drop in for a nosey lol!

Rides
    overdue update of how the car is getting on...

after the incident at buxton i removed the power steering line and took it back to where i got it, they said its a faulty line and gave me another i wasnt convinced but had to give it a go.

next outing was santa pod last wednesday, havent been there in years, ended up going with the other slide boys to try and get some twinning practice in, car was awesome to start with then later in the day POP! PAS hose popped agian, luckily this time it was at the pump end so fluid didnt go on the turbo

few photos from the day stolen from the dodgem squad write up

http://dodgemsquad.co.uk/?p=1427

Rides
    seemed to go well around pod but looked like you were struggling around birmingham wheels.

Rides
    so after eventually getting back from pod and blasting thru all the customer work i managed to squeeze some zed time in, another equivelant braided line wasnt an option so i went to pirtek/mend-a-hose and got them to make one, rated to 18000psi aparently. i wanted to do a million other jobs on the car but time just didnt let me.

birmingham wheels was the next drift day, i wasnt overly fussed about it but i need to sort all the teething issues so decided to go last minute, didnt get there until about 2.30 after an incident with the truck,also was abit hungover #

fair few folk there, and it turned out to be a fun day, think i only had 4 sessions but that was enough, it was all going perfect until the clutch gave up on the last lap few pictures and a video...

yes i no the exhausts arent straight, havent had chance to chop up and sort the japspeed direct fit one yet

bumper didnt come off i just didnt take it as i/we damaged it putting it on the trailor after pod looks shit with out it on

no power steering issues although it aint as fast as pod so maybe the problem will still be there,time will tell

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    seemed to go well around pod but looked like you were struggling around birmingham wheels.
    its soooo laggy and ive only just found out it only boosting to 0.7bar instead of 1.2, but ye i had to give the clutch death as it kept bogging down.

its driver error aswel tho, im still abit rusty, need to remind myself how its done

Rides
    Still looks awesome fella

Rides
    final update for now...

booked the vic check a few weeks ago and it was for today. been soooo busy this week i didnt get chance to look at the car till 11.30pm latnight, luckily after a bit of ****ing around i realised the pin that holds the pedal to the master cylinder had dissapeared, whipped one off an sx pedal i had in stock and hey presto sorted

just had to swap a couple of wheels and temporarily fix the front bumper, vic checks are like mot's, you can legally drive to them without tax the place was 20 miles away so i had great fun this morning driving there, obviously i kept to all speed limits and didnt spin the wheels at all

usually the vic check take 10mins ish, after an hour and alot of phonecalls and umming and arring he came back with the pass sheet reason for it taking forever was due to some of the chassis numbers missing and obviously difffernt engine and different colour.

happy as larry i steadily drove back to the garage, just got to wait for the logbook so i can tax it.

next outing is norfolk arena on the 15th of this month, quite a few of us going the night before for a few beers then a day of fun

Rides
    It took an hour ! bloody hell, think mine was 20minutes.

Well at least its all sorted

Rides
    Only just seen this. Looks mint mate. and looking a fair bit different to when i last saw it!

Rides
    Plenty of smoke mate

Rides
    It's road legal, wooooop!
    Last edited by skinz180189; 08-10-2011 at 14:09. Reason: I cant type.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skinz180189 View Post
    I's road legal, wooooop!
    Here comes trouble

Rides
    haha gotta wait for the logbook till i can tax it so not road legal yet it will definatly cause me trouble tho, i get in the thing and think im a racing driver, cant drive it sensible!!

Rides
    fooking fantastic fella, well done mate looks mint

Banned
    Rides
    Loving this build. More pictures with the bumper on!