Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snow.....(Ireland)

Rides
    -13c here this morning and the snow has'nt melted at all, or been salted or even ploughed!!!

Rides
    -10.2 today in Wicklow.

Met Eireann have confirmed that last night a new extreme Irish temperature record has been set for the month of December.

The old record set at Carlow on 31st December 1961 (-14.6C) has been broken.

The climate station on the grounds of Mount Juliet golf course (it hosted the Irish Open in the past) near Thomastown Co.Kilkenny recorded a low of -16.4 C last night. (this is also now the coldest official Irish temp of 2010).

Rides
    -15 here in this mornin

Rides
    Just went out to the car for some change (in work - needed to run to the vending machine to beat the 6pm slump ) and about 4 inches of snow has fallen in the last two hours! It's still falling pretty hard but traffic out of the Ind estate is at a standstill so I might as well stay put

Rides
    Traffic all around Dublin is at a stand still 2hours to get from Kildare street to just passed ucd on the bus I hate the bloody snow

2000 Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R

Rides
    heres some pix i took the first time we got snow couple of weeks ago. We have way more this time round though

my street when it started snowing

our car park at work

I was clearing the car park at work today, there was about 10-12 inches

Rides
    It's gone from nothing up here to about 5 or so inches in a few hours

Will see how my winters get on tomorrow

Rides
    Just in at home now, three hours to get from Rathfarnham to ratoath (Meath), not the worst though from listening to the news.....

Rides
    People have spent 3 hours in the car park in dundrum! Have been told to leave their cars their, and go home via public transport, that would not be fun. Beats my hours on the way to the N11... If its like this on thursday I'm getting the pozi gun out and making me some studded tires!! Snow day tomorrow I reckon

Rides
    I heard that alright! Apparently they closed all of the exits apart from one which caused the delays.... Plus the luas had been off for a while yesterday so if you were in the shopping centre you were pretty much stuck there.....

I'm in work now, roads aren't actually that bad when there's little or no traffic on them

Rides
    There's plenty up here in donegal lads and its not goin anywjere quickly....

Rides
    I hear its bad enough in Donegal alrite. Ive to drive home from Belfast to Donegal this afternoon for a funeral. The only car I have is the 200.

Wide wheels, slippy diff and paddle clutch over the Glenshane Pass isn't going to be fun...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by davecoupe View Post
    I hear its bad enough in Donegal alrite. Ive to drive home from Belfast to Donegal this afternoon for a funeral. The only car I have is the 200.

Wide wheels, slippy diff and paddle clutch over the Glenshane Pass isn't going to be fun...
    That sounds like a challenge!

Rides
    Brutal here all the time, main roads are beyond a joke at this stage,

So, the snow was so heavy round the driveway, had to make a snow shovel and clear some in order to move the car, took the bumper off to as a preventitive measure and it wont be going back on till the weather gets better!

And this is was taken ten mins ago , extremely foggy and currently -7c.....

Last edited by Sideways Simon; 21-12-2010 at 10:53.

Rides
    Serious fog alrite lads and more heavy snow forecast for up here today too...

Rides
    Having had the most uneventful secure drive in this morning, I would really recommend getting a set of winter tyres for erm Winter

I got a set of these recently on put them on my stock 16's I had:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Du...r-Sport-3D.htm

Absolute night and day difference in terms of grip on Snow compared to the Falken 452's, drove out of my estate with zero wheelspin, even managed to do an emergency stop test, It actually stopped that's in about 5 inches of snow.

Ice will still cause the wheels to slip/slide but that'll be true of anything except tyres with metal studs.

Bit of an ask at this of year but if you're like me and have to drive your 200 everyday, I couldn't recommend them enough and if its the difference between damaging your car or not, or worse - then its money well spent in my book.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
    Having had the most uneventful secure drive in this morning, I would really recommend getting a set of winter tyres for erm Winter

I got a set of these recently on put them on my stock 16's I had:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Du...r-Sport-3D.htm

Absolute night and day difference in terms of grip on Snow compared to the Falken 452's, drove out of my estate with zero wheelspin, even managed to do an emergency stop test, It actually stopped that's in about 5 inches of snow.

Ice will still cause the wheels to slip/slide but that'll be true of anything except tyres with metal studs.

Bit of an ask at this of year but if you're like me and have to drive your 200 everyday, I couldn't recommend them enough and if its the difference between damaging your car or not, or worse - then its money well spent in my book.

Starting to think its necessary. I had to abandon the car last night until other cars were gone to get a run at ballybrack hill.

Other drivers actually overtook me while I was waiting to get a clean run at the hill then failed to get up the hill themselves

It took me 3.5 hours last night to get from citywest to Kiliney. 20 min to recover the car when the roads were empty at 11pm.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutjob.ie View Post
    Other drivers actually overtook me while I was waiting to get a clean run at the hill then failed to get up the hill themselves
    Therein lies the problem - stupid fuking people who cant drive

We have about 8 inches here in Belfast and my mate and me got stuck in his BMW acting the twat on a backroad (not for the first time since thursday) when a Polish woman in her 30's came flying along in her skoda felicia, jumped out and started shouting at us about not being able to drive etc, she pulled us out of the ditch and took off again about her buisness. Not once did she spin the wheels or slide in the time we watched her, even when she was pulling a 3-series from a ditch.

It was her opinion that drivers here are just poor drivers in conditions like this and cannot think for themselves, they just follow what the person in front does. She was taking the backroads home because the people on the main roads annoyed her so much.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by davecoupe View Post
    Therein lies the problem - stupid fuking people who cant drive

We have about 8 inches here in Belfast and my mate and me got stuck in his BMW acting the twat on a backroad (not for the first time since thursday) when a Polish woman in her 30's came flying along in her skoda felicia, jumped out and started shouting at us about not being able to drive etc, she pulled us out of the ditch and took off again about her buisness. Not once did she spin the wheels or slide in the time we watched her, even when she was pulling a 3-series from a ditch.

It was her opinion that drivers here are just poor drivers in conditions like this and cannot think for themselves, they just follow what the person in front does. She was taking the backroads home because the people on the main roads annoyed her so much.
    I'd also put a large amount of money she had winters on, Polish law (and most of mainland Europe) in winter

Rides
    You know you have your fitments right when...

Quote Originally Posted by Sideways Simon View Post
    ...snow falls & builds up on the wheels rather than the tyres or arches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently