Thread: 'new' member

Rides

'new' member

Hey guys

I'm not exactly new to the forum as such, I joined a while back when on the lookout for an S-body last year, but ended up having to setting for a 1.8 BMW due to insurance being a nightmare for 19 year olds

Anyway, since having another year of driving experience and another years NCB I was finally able to insure a decent car at a 'reasonable' price.

So last Friday after work I set off to pick up my S14a from Cornwall.

Its a '99 emerald green UK spec 200SX S14a with 63k miles on the clock and loads of history/receipts.

Spec

• Blitz nur spec with full 2.5" de-cat and downpipe
    • Blitz super sound BOV
    • Apexi air filter
    • Walbro 255 fuel pump
    • Apex type 2 front mount intercooler
    • Manual boost controller
    • Horsham developments stage 1a ECU chip
    • Apex coilovers (brand new, still have 11 month warranty)
    • R33 GTS-T front brakes
    • OMP dished steering wheel
    • K-sport bucket seat and harness
    • Modex ks-05R wheels (rare apparently?), 17x8 at the front and 17x9 at the rear, with new tyres.
    • Kouki rear bumper
    • Fully rust treated and sealed underneath

I have the standard seat too so I can swap that back if I want to, but I am enjoying the bucket right now

I have a RR printout showing 278BHP and 270ft/lbs, so it has double the power of my BMW and you can certainly feel it when you use the loud pedal

It has plenty of power for me at the moment so I doubt I'll be touching anything engine related, but a set of 18s with a bit of dish are a possibility, but for now I think I will space these wheels out as the offset is a bit weak.

Driven it to work once and have already had a 'spotted' thread

I look forward to meeting some fellow SXOCers, I will be signing up to the xmas meal in Plymouth soon

Cheers,

Gary

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Hi Gary

Pop over when you have a few mintutes free for a natter

Looks nice from the pics and the brief glimpses this morning!

Rides
    I'll pop over and say hello at some point mate

I've noticed that part of my front bumper is missing, the lower middle bit with the vertical bar, where can I get one in green

I also want to get the spoiler mounting holes in the bootlid welded up and painted at some point, just has rubber bungs in there atm.

And I have removed the stickers in the rear windows, I think it looks nicer without them

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Missed this thread mate Welcome
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Thanks buddy.

I swear this car is cursed though, I've owned it a week and it has been driven into twice whilst parked outside my house

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralz View Post
    Thanks buddy.

I swear this car is cursed though, I've owned it a week and it has been driven into twice whilst parked outside my house
    Ffs much damage done? Mines been hit twice in the three years i've owned it. It makes my blood boil just thinking about it.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    First time, nothing so I let the lady keep her legs. The second time (today) some paint has been scraped off and it has left some scratches. It was my neighbour who did it and at first he refused to pay for it(!) but I told him that HE caused the damage to MY car, so he IS paying. Just need a quote for the repair and he said he will pay.

As you can probably see in the pics above there was already a small scrape on the bumper, so I'll have that done at the same time and he can pay for that too

Rides
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralz View Post
    I've noticed that part of my front bumper is missing, the lower middle bit with the vertical bar, where can I get one in green
    This is a mod some people do, cutting the middle part of the bumper out to get more airflow to the intercooler, and to look a bit different!

If you want it back you'll be needing a new bumper though

Bad news about the stupid drivers

Rides
    heyhey! better come to the next SW meet :P

Rides
    Will try to, I'll be at the SW Xmas meal for sure, already paid my deposit

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Sorry to hear about the damage dude. Mines been hit 6 or 7 times in the 3 years I've owned it. Some little dents that I could pop back out, some light scuffs that mostly buffed out but 2 cracked bumpers and a deep scratch that won't.

It make me that people just don't take car of others' property.