Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hollaaa from a new S14a owner

Rides

Wink Hollaaa from a new S14a owner

Hi everyone,

First things first I thought I'd get the BIG confession out of the way for you to understand just exactly why I am so excited about my new toy, and grateful to one morgan_s13 for converting me to the Jap side... A few years ago I decided it was a good idea to purchase a brand new Corsa C, great if you have £12K in your pocket to pee up the wall maybe? Was cute, but let's just say it never had that 'Grrr'

I’m sure we’ve all been young and naive!! Lesson very well learnt, and I am now the proud owner of a '99 Kuro black s14a

We picked her up from the Shire of Buckingham mid August for a very reasonable price as there were a few rusty bits in places which apparently put a few people off – rear o/s arch, driver door etc. Apart from this the car is in good condition and is completely standard (except for the private number plate, cute little touch) The only downer is that it’s an auto, but hopefully not for too long.

I have a lot of passion for cars in general but my knowledge and ability to fix things and make changes etc at the moment is limited. With Dan’s help I’ve learnt quite a bit over the past few months but I still have a LOT to learn, with the 14a now being my Guinea Pig Here are the starter piccies, one at the end showing where work on the rust has begun:

And so! The starting job list:

1. Banish all rusty bits, fill and prime
    2. Finish finding manual conversion bits ready for my first conversion
    3. Respray any panels that need it, and give the rest of the car a good buff and polish so she is all prettified :P (colour change is a future venture)
    4. Find a good set of coilovers and some shiny 17s or 18s, haven’t decided on any yet though
    5. Replace turbo gaskets (originals are poorly) and fit exhaust system
    I know these are basic mods but for now I think it’s safe to say that is a lot of work for a girl who’s just starting out in this scene! Take each day as it comes although I’m sure as time goes by I will be itching to uprate this, uprate that. (I have a wish list already, more gee-gees to make the heart flutter thank you please!)

See you all in the forums, suggestions welcome, I'm here to learn

Sarah

Rides
    Ello ello,

There will be loads of interest in this topic And shouting for photo`s
    Last edited by JJ; 07-10-2010 at 13:52.

Rides
    Hello and Welcome to SXOC great forum full of very nice people and a excellent place for information and help which will come in handy trust me lol

Where about in Wrexham are you from as i work up there sometimes and only 45mins away being in Shrewsbury

Ull find alot of your info required by using the search button these topics have been covered before most will include a "How To" with advice and pics etc GOODLUCK
    Last edited by IanJ; 07-10-2010 at 13:42.

Rides
    welcome :-). I think U will get a Very walm welcome from the lads here, women often do!!!!

Rides
    OMG FEMALE!!!! hahaha

Hello and welcome!!

Rides
    4 messages in for it to start...I expected it quicker than that Tordy, lol

Thanks for the welcome peeps and Ian, I'm living in Mold atm but I'm a Wrexham girl born and bred, Coedpoeth. Shrewsbury is not far at all, what do you drive?

And yes there are a lot of useful threads on here, there's a couple of manual conversion step-by-step guides that include a shopping list for me and are great! I've browsed the site for a while now but thought it was about time I signed up now I'm an owner

In terms of more pics...in order to document the progress on my car do I need to start a new thread somewhere in the main forum, or add pictures to this??

Rides
    Just let me know if you need me to pop round and take a look at your bodywork haha...i suck...

Rides
    Ive heard of Mold i work on the industrial estate sometimes oo thats Ace im Shrewsbury born and bred lol i drive a V plate S14a in Red done a few bits but nothing major yet

Hope you enjoy owning your 200 i certainly do great cars

Rides
    I got my way, little vauxhall gone to some little 17 year old where it should be, not making the back of my garden look rubbish now looks a right little collection ps13 uk s13 and now s14a

Rides

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah-Jane View Post
    In terms of more pics...in order to document the progress on my car do I need to start a new thread somewhere in the main forum, or add pictures to this??
    Welcome.

Join the club properly by becoming a member and make a thread in the projects area.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Tordy3002 View Post
    Just let me know if you need me to pop round and take a look at your bodywork haha...i suck...

Thats shocking loool

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    Ive heard of Mold i work on the industrial estate sometimes oo thats Ace im Shrewsbury born and bred lol i drive a V plate S14a in Red done a few bits but nothing major yet

Hope you enjoy owning your 200 i certainly do great cars
    Mine is a V plate too but I do like the 200 number plate! (simple things.....) atm I'm not really enjoying it I'm actually really frustrated because I want the conversion doing a month ago lol, its not fun as it is. I'm just in the frame of mind to say its a little project for now, my time will come where I have a beaut As you can see in the second to last picture, Dan has a PS13 Silvia, I don't think you can see but he also has an S13 which is having a total rebuild, so I have been used to these cars being around for quite some time now and am used to lots and lots of boost

Quote Originally Posted by morgan s13 View Post
    I got my way, little vauxhall gone to some little 17 year old where it should be, not making the back of my garden look rubbish now looks a right little collection ps13 uk s13 and now s14a
    Yes Dan, you were right all along and I am glad the Vauxhall has gone. The back yard may look like a scrap yard.... but at least its a good looking one now eh xxx

Quote Originally Posted by bobbitt View Post
    GIZMO!!!!!!!!

And thanks BBB...I think once I've become accustomed to the site, know my way round and get cracking with the work on the car I don't see a reason not to become a full member.

Tordy do you not have any better material than that?! and no, it wasn't a "bring it on"

hehe...

Rides
    Hi and welcome to the forum

Rides
    Im sure ull get it all sorted mines manuel so havent had that problem lol will have to look at pics when im home as the pcs here dnt load them up for some reason lol

Rides
    ooohhh, trade plates!!

Welcome btw...

Rides
    hi , welcome to the club lol if you cant find wat you need to know here your not looking hard enough ... like it has been said become a member a start a project thread .

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Con2K View Post
    ooohhh, trade plates!!
    Welcome btw...
    She needed to get from London to N.Wales somehow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum
    Hey Danielle, thanks for the welcome. A pleasure to see a female welcome!! I see you've been a member for many years now, do you have an SX or any RWD car??

Rides
    I would post, asking to proof that your a female, but the above kinds spoils it. (with the strong direction of pics) Boring.

Welcome BTW

Rides
    gonzo....i dont get it? the above what spoils it? am i being dumb here??