Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Various scale radio control cars.....

Rides
    Originally posted by bren
    I want four cars to race but dont know wether to go for 1/16th, 1/32th of 1/64th.

Which are going to be the most fun?
    I've got the bit char-g stuff bren and it's ok for a laugh, but I rekon the bigger models (1/16 & 1/10) are gonna be better for long term racing.

I wanna be able to setup a little drift track in my kitchen, put a bit of water down and drift!

Rides
    I want four cars to race but dont know wether to go for 1/16th, 1/32th of 1/64th.

Which are going to be the most fun?
    Depends how much space you've got really but I reckon the 1/32 scale ones are your best bet. Plus then, as the gov, you can have one with lights on

Anything bigger needs serious space or running outdoors.

I can do a selection of 1/32 for a tenner a piece

Cheers

Nik

Rides
    Originally posted by hadyn
    What Skylines/Supras have you got for the £25 mark???
    Also for this price, are the cars fully controllable??e.g. steering as well as accelerate/reverse controls??
    The Skylines and Supras are all listed on the site:

Can do these for £20 for SXOC members. If you want to run them together I'll need to check the frequencies and let you know what is compatible.

These cars are fully function, left, right back and 2 forward speeds. If you get them on the right surface the second speed helps out with donuts!

Cheers

Nik

Rides
    Originally posted by yeager
    nice site... I'm thinking on getting a 1/10 or maybe two... but I really would love to see some video of them running first. You got any?
    The 1/10 scale cars are basically the same as the Tamiya 1/10 scale ones you see in Halfrauds for twice the price. They are a great way of getting into RC on a big scale on a budget, because, believe me it can get VERY expensive!

These cars are also easy to upgrade - the first thing to do is the tyres and inner tubes, then the motor and suspension (we will be stocking upgrades shortly).

Cheers

Nik

Rides
    so what payment methods do you accept?is paypal ok?

also what colours do you do the skyline in?

Rides
    I've got the bit char-g stuff bren and it's ok for a laugh, but I rekon the bigger models (1/16 & 1/10) are gonna be better for long term racing.

I wanna be able to setup a little drift track in my kitchen, put a bit of water down and drift!
    Have you seen the drift set? It basically gives you a set of plastic wheels/tyres for the back to help drifting:

Also got some good track marker sets as well:

And the light sets are good for night stages:

If you hadn't guessed already, I'm quite into this!!!

Check back for expanding ranges, we are always getting more stuff in....

Cheers

Nik

Rides
    so what payment methods do you accept?is paypal ok?

also what colours do you do the skyline in?
    Paypal is fine, but will also accept cheques/postal orders (made to Scale Performance Ltd) if that is easier for you.

Skyline comes in Silver or White. Hopefully got some more wheels coming soon to customise them with.

Cheers

Nik

Rides
    can i order off your site now then??

Rides
    Theres about 10ft x 20ft of free floor space at the mo. Nice and slipperly painted concrete :ccol:

Ive got a 64th scale Bit Charge type thing as as you say its ok but would probably be overwhelmed with the space we have.

Are the 1/16ths significantly faster/better than the 1/32th? And can you run four of either size on different frequencies?

Would the 1/16ths have enough room with 10x20 sq/ft?

And what do you have in stock and ready to go?

Oh, and how much are the boats?

Rides
    can i order off your site now then??
    You could do, but you wouldn't get the discount, best thing to do is send the cash to sales@scaleperformance.com on paypal, the postage will be 3.00 for one of those.

Cheers

Nik

Rides
    Theres about 10ft x 20ft of free floor space at the mo. Nice and slipperly painted concrete :ccol:
    Probably best with the 1/16ths then.

Are the 1/16ths significantly faster/better than the 1/32th? And can you run four of either size on different frequencies?
    The 1/16ths are much bette than the 1/32, 16ths are 2 speed, the 32nd are one speed. THe 16ths are better looking models as well. I have a selection of frequencies of each so I'll have to have a look and see what combinations I can do.

Would the 1/16ths have enough room with 10x20 sq/ft?
    Should be OK, I'll measure them when I get home to give you idea of the sizes if you like.

And what do you have in stock and ready to go?
    I've got quite a few of each scale in stock, so should be OK.

Oh, and how much are the boats?
    Listed at £15, but for you a tenner Need to check stock on these as my partner has them.

Phew, think that covers it!

Cheers

Nik

Rides
    those pullback cars...do you do other models?

Rides
    Originally posted by Phil L
    those pullback cars...do you do other models?
    That's all I've got in stock at the mo, but there are others I can get. Hang on a minute and I'll check with the supplier......

BTW they are like penny racers (if you are old enough to remember them) but a hell of a lot faster!

Cheers

Nik

Rides
    Phil,

There's hundreds of them! Mostly Jap cars. Might be easier if you let me know of something specific and I'll have a look.

They also do bikes as well in this range!

Cheers

Nik

Rides
    Originally posted by NikB
    Have you seen the drift set? It basically gives you a set of plastic wheels/tyres for the back to help drifting:
    yah man, i've even modifed the cars i've got and found tha the level of control I want will only come with a bigger car...

which i'll probably be buying myself for xmas from you

Rides
    Let me know if you acn do four 1/16ths and Ill take them and a couple of boats.

But asap because is quiet here at the moment and I want some toys to play with before it gets busy again!

Rides
    No worries mate, I'll check what can be mixed 16th wise tonight and get back to you later.

I've only got 1 yellow boat and a few white boats left, just ordered some more thought, and some submarines!

Cheers

Nik

Rides
    yah man, i've even modifed the cars i've got and found tha the level of control I want will only come with a bigger car...

which i'll probably be buying myself for xmas from you
    You want one of these then Humyumyumyumyum. The yellow car is 1/10th scale!!! The big ass thing is rwd and is powered by a petrol engine!! Monster beaties

Rides
    Originally posted by NikB
    No worries mate, I'll check what can be mixed 16th wise tonight and get back to you later.

I've only got 1 yellow boat and a few white boats left, just ordered some more thought, and some submarines!

Cheers

Nik
    Colours not so important, as long as theyre different

Submarines!! How much and when are you getting them?

Rides
    You want one of these then Humyumyumyumyum. The yellow car is 1/10th scale!!! The big ass thing is rwd and is powered by a petrol engine!! Monster beaties
    cool.. that orange car looks nice. Is it easy to drift it? How much control do u have over it? For instance can you brake sharp, dump in the power and flick the back end out? Do donuts etc...