Thread: Fake Apexi turbo timer

Rides

Fake Apexi turbo timer

I've seen some Apexi turbo timers, I know they're not genuine Apexi but that doesn't bother me as I'm not going for the brand, I just want to make sure it does the job on a N/A car. The link is below. Just wondering are these safe? Do they work as well as a genuine Apexi?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tchlink:top:en

Rides
    what could you possibly want one for??, im of the opinion all turbo timers are rubbish, and not worth it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sxbaz View Post
    what could you possibly want one for??, im of the opinion all turbo timers are rubbish, and not worth it
    I'm just being lazy, I just want it to warm up on cold mornings so that I can run back inside, leave the car running without the keys. Also, the "Apexi" one shows you air fuel ratio...And the fact that it's cheap, I wouldn't go ahead and buy one if it's going to cost me £40+

Rides
    That's a good reason to have one, since your in brum too I could fit it in for you if you want?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    I'm just being lazy, I just want it to warm up on cold mornings so that I can run back inside, leave the car running without the keys. Also, the "Apexi" one shows you air fuel ratio...And the fact that it's cheap, I wouldn't go ahead and buy one if it's going to cost me £40+
    you are aware that they are against the law? and also what you plan could land you in hot water..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    It'll only show narrowband Air Fuel which is completely and utterly useless mate.

Rides
    big tones TT failed on him, engine ran all night, electric fans didnt kick in so overheated, oil burnt, engine seized and his coil packs melted into the head....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by big_mac View Post
    you are aware that they are against the law? and also what you plan could land you in hot water..
    How so? Is it because of the fact that I'd be leaving the engine on and not being in the car? From the info that I've got above, I think I'm just going to leave it!

Rides

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by big_mac View Post
    Care to elaborate on this fact?

Quote Originally Posted by remo View Post
    big tones TT failed on him, engine ran all night, electric fans didnt kick in so overheated, oil burnt, engine seized and his coil packs melted into the head....
    I suppose he didn't realise his engine was still running, either that or he forgot to ground the system and turn it off with the hand brake.....

Rides
    You're not allowed to leave a running vehicle unattended on a public road (just as you would if you were defrosting it ). Park it on your drive and you'll be fully complying with the law .

Rides
    Thanks. Makes sense.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosseef Hussain View Post
    I suppose he didn't realise his engine was still running, either that or he forgot to ground the system and turn it off with the hand brake.....
    Or it was just faulty and didn't work? Pretty sure that Tones knows his cars if you go have a look at his work.

How would he not realise his engine was running if the point of the TT was to keep it on?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Or it was just faulty and didn't work? Pretty sure that Tones knows his cars if you go have a look at his work.

How would he not realise his engine was running if the point of the TT was to keep it on?
    Yeah but for how long?

Rides
    What actual point are you trying to make? How many of us here walk away from their cars with the TT on? A lot I bet.

JAPOKYO! cos im made of special! (Nuneaton)
    Rides
    TT's are not dangerous if properly fitted

To answer the original question, I wouldnt buy a cheap copy of anything as its quality is going to be dubious and also they are useless on N/A cars. How many people dont warm their cars up at all before driving them normally ? I would day 90% at least and do 90% of peoples engines break due to this ? Of course they dont - so dont worry about it.
    Its gone!