Thread: Weekly/monthly insurance

Rides

Weekly/monthly insurance

Hi, I need to get insured on a 1.1, 106 for a few weeks, anyone know of any cheap places? I been quoted £200 so far
    Last edited by General; 27-09-2010 at 21:31.

Rides
    tempcover.com

Rides
    Cheers, but they quoted me double the price!

Rides
    also ask ur insurance comp if u can add a temp car most will allow it for a period not more than 28 days

Rides
    As above, elephant used to let me insure my S14a for a week at a time as a second car, was only 17.50 a week!

Rides
    if it was just for a week you could do an HPI check and use the 7 day free cover from Aviva

Worth checking with one or two local insurance broker shops as its something they are more likely to deal in than the big companies.
    bovvered?

Rides
    Here's the full situation, my insurance ends on October 12th. I then get my 2 yrs NCB. I've bought myself and EK9 but my insurance isn't exactly cheap, however, 5 weeks after that, I turn 25 so it will go down which is when I plan to get a full year insurance. Now, on Oct 13,14 & 15th I can catch the train to work, October 17th-22nd I have the week off work so don't need a car. So, I only need 4 weeks insurance, what i was planning on doing is get the HPI check insurance for the 106 for 1 week, do the same for my dad's car for another week and then maybe catch the train for 2 weeks.

I now have another problem though, the 106, I have the log book but it's not in anyones name as my dad bought the car from a scrap yard. My brother was then going to use it, filled out the log book, never sent it and used the green slip at the post office, they have now stamped that and gave tax (this was 6 months ago). The cars now just been sitting on the drive doing nothin, tax has now ran out. I've only swapped the insurance today and have no tax on it . I've asked Directline to send me the documents via email so I can use it to get my tax but they said they can't for some reason....This couldn't get worse!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    Here's the full situation, my insurance ends on October 12th. I then get my 2 yrs NCB. I've bought myself and EK9 but my insurance isn't exactly cheap, however, 5 weeks after that, I turn 25 so it will go down which is when I plan to get a full year insurance.
    You may find that the prices difference bwteen you being 24 and 25 is negligible.. have you had any quotes?
    Call us on 01707 642552 or feel free to PM us via the forum

Check out our blog:

www.skyinsurance.co.uk/blog/2013

Rides
    Turning 25 made fcuk all difference to my insurance. Was the only good thing about getting old

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Insurance View Post
    You may find that the prices difference bwteen you being 24 and 25 is negligible.. have you had any quotes?
    Had a quote with Sky Insurance, £1600 at ages 24 and £1300 at aged 25 but Admirla have managed to get me £1100 at ages 25