Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Falken UK 650hp V35 Skyline (G35)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    I still not collected the car FFS Tonight/tomorow it all begins
    Slacker

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    I knew you would Where wer you yesterday? hanging in the camper i take it? a wanted to talk to you about your zed!!
    Yesterday we went to watch the GP mate - I had been wandering looking for you (and anyone else) but could only see Matt's car on a trade stand

We'll catch up soon enough, Im sure - take you arent doing Knockhill?
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    same chassis/suspension layout, reduced suspension bracing under the car though - few frames missing, nothing a good cage wouldn't fix

looks like a good project, be interesting to get it past the steering column
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    I was offered engines, and have another contact who has 1100hp+ out of one already. I will make enquiries for you

I already have some where i can get them, probs same place as you lol

Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Yesterday we went to watch the GP mate - I had been wandering looking for you (and anyone else) but could only see Matt's car on a trade stand

We'll catch up soon enough, Im sure - take you arent doing Knockhill?
    I was there at 9am mate, see Tash. George and Jules lol

Yea il be there but not driving, drinking instead

Rides
    Ok people, if any one knows any one after some parts for one of these please put them my way lol, want to shift every thing bar the shell, panels and suspension.

Been doing a bit of research on the chassis, seems they have major problems with chassis flex, with windscreens cracking and suspension snapping!!!! So it looks like il be doing alot more chassis prep than i planned, seam welding and cage throgh the bulk head to turrets, ditching the idea of Nass car style door bars for the more ridged X type and also trying to find a steel rear subframe from another nissan with the same fit(cant remember the name Enos maybe??)in place of the alloy one.
    Where did you get the chassis info? Infinity site? would be interested to know where the limitations/weak spots are, i know they run chassis braces in the US, but they do tend to go a bit OTT because they can, i thought that the chassis being essentially the same as the 350Z that they should be pretty good with little flex?

Must admit that i found the limits pretty quick, and i find the handling just not as good as a well set up Supra, been looking at knocking up some kind of stiffening for the chassis myself, but not sure where to start first, and I'm getting lazy in my old age

Oh! i see you're over on the 350GT forum, there is a guy there asking for some parts.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Ahhh, in that case I was passed out after Ken forced me to drink 2 litres of JD and another litre of Makers Mark and also nearly got me arrested

Supercharged V8 engine shouldnt be overlooked either mate
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky-Ricky View Post
    Where did you get the chassis info? Infinity site? would be interested to know where the limitations/weak spots are, i know they run chassis braces in the US, but they do tend to go a bit OTT because they can, i thought that the chassis being essentially the same as the 350Z that they should be pretty good with little flex?

Must admit that i found the limits pretty quick, and i find the handling just not as good as a well set up Supra, been looking at knocking up some kind of stiffening for the chassis myself, but not sure where to start first, and I'm getting lazy in my old age

Oh! i see you're over on the 350GT forum, there is a guy there asking for some parts.
    The info i got was based on a 350z shell, from some one who has already delt with two high spec drift 350z's. I have heard the handling is a bit crap so chassis prep and development is a must.

Whos after parts? Name please lol

Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Ahhh, in that case I was passed out after Ken forced me to drink 2 litres of JD and another litre of Makers Mark and also nearly got me arrested

Supercharged V8 engine shouldnt be overlooked either mate
    LOL, light weight!!

Oh it was not over looked but for the price of a charged v8 i could have an R35 gtr engine fitted

Rides
    I have an over-seas source who seemed to think he can get them at an amazing price, I know who has them in the UK too

If you want any extra-nobby turbos, give me a shout

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Polo you mad bastard........

Wullie likes this

Rides
    subscribed, i really like these and given some more power and some footwork and it should be awesome.

Rides
    After some of the stories of a number of failed R35 engines, i would give them a miss, in favour of a supercharged LS1,2 or 3, should be somewhat cheaper to.

Rides
    Got my mate to draw up my rollcage design tonight as i tryed it with pen and paper, it just wasnt working out lol

This is obv not to scale, is to purley to show the design so i can pass it to the guy making the cage. Obv there will be gusets down the A and B post, along with tying it in any where that is close to the body. The bar accross the floor will have a removable brace attached to the two spreader plates that will go under the gear box. Im not 100% sure i can run the front tubes exactly like this until i have the dash out and inspect the bulk head and turrets, it will also be a smaller diamiter tube and the main hoop a larger diamiter. Il most likely be adding in a few more tubes at the back to tie in to the rear subframe. Also the rear turrets will be getting extra plates as il be converting the rear suspension to coil spring over damper.

Rides
    Looking forward to this Paul!. Who was the chap on the way home that offered me the springs?, will come and get them real soon mate. Remembered what those chilli seeds were I gave you. Thai finger chilis, bastard hot mate

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by markus74 View Post
    Looking forward to this Paul!. Who was the chap on the way home that offered me the springs?, will come and get them real soon mate. Remembered what those chilli seeds were I gave you. Thai finger chilis, bastard hot mate
    His name is Alex, hes not on here i dont think.

Good job you said about them!! i just rememberd there still in my jeen pocket!! lucky they still sitting on my bedroom floor lol

Rides
    Woo hoo!!! Just on way to collect the car now

Rides
    Sweet. So shall we all place bets on how long it will take you to strip the car.

I think 2 days if its just you with no help.

Rides
    looking forward to seeing this when its finished, be nice to see something different on the drift scene

Rides
    ^ amen to that!

pics

Rides
    Stripped in a day i bet !!

Rides
    I thought you were gonna get a damaged one?

I suppose you'll get quite a few quid back by selling the bits you dont need though