Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Cannons Blister BN Kited s14a..well.. soon to be

Rides
    Looks good man, 100% improved. My only criticism is that the blue door frames look weird to my eyes. If it was mine, I'd either remove the rear tints & vinyl roof, or paint/wrap the whole top half.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlea73 View Post
    Holy shit what a great read.You've had some great projects along the way.
    The black painted wheels completely change the look of the wagon maker kit & the car.
    Looks excellent,keep us posted.
    Sure will, more to come soon,

Quote Originally Posted by Alex B View Post
    Has the 180 been done a while, sure I've seen pictures of it somewhere else?

How do you do the checkers on the rims?

Alex B
    yeah It was formerly Easy007's car when it was pre kitted and then it went over to Chris_13

and then went to another chap and then got my hands on it ...

and as for the checkers.. ONE BY ONE!!!!! with vinyl squares, luckily I have mates who have vinyl machonies, but its not quick it needs alot of beer, and its a bugger to do, tho the effect is pretty awesome

toyed with doing it on the rotas but maybe later on

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Looks good man, 100% improved. My only criticism is that the blue door frames look weird to my eyes. If it was mine, I'd either remove the rear tints & vinyl roof, or paint/wrap the whole top half.
    yeah i get what you mean, the other wierd thing is that the rear of the boot lid - like literally just the rear lip is black, but the top is blue??? not sure why???

and the roof is wrapped in carbon wrap so need to work out what i am ddoing there or if it was painted and i can remove it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post

and as for the checkers.. ONE BY ONE!!!!! with vinyl squares, luckily I have mates who have vinyl machonies, but its not quick it needs alot of beer, and its a bugger to do, tho the effect is pretty awesome

toyed with doing it on the rotas but maybe later on
    Oh sh..! I've just got a cutter and have thought about doing it to the inner barrels of my Rotas, but I'm not so sure now!

Alex B

Rides
    So here is a cheeky update,

picked up a few bits, and got to work sorting a few more issues,

the interior fan used to vibrate like hell only on 4th speed and couldnt move on anything lower.. used to shake all the dash.. so dropped the blower drum out and discovered these two cheeky bolts wedged in the blades, so removed them, problem solved..

decided I wanted to have a look at few other bits so pulled out the spark plugs and found these - copper ones...

so picked up a set of these

and swapped them over

also picked up a new set of engine mounts as well

will be fitting these friday

and also as its me... decided to clean and tidy some stuff up

so set out locating the fuel smell from the boot, and front what i could tell after whipping the top off is that there are some gaps in the welds where the filler neck has been put on, so the vapour gets out.. so removed the neck and top, and then set to work on siliconing with gasket seal proper job stuff the hell out of the neck to seal any gaps bodge job but hope it works for now

And then made something shiny because I could

O and new fuel filter as well

So next on the list is oil and filter change and also new rocker gasket and also sort the exhaust blow which is either turbo gasket or mani gasket. and fit engine mounts.

and probably doing some more polishing and cleaning and tweaking..

ALSO looking for the ends for these as assume they are the greddy oil temp and pressure gage wirings but dont have the senders...

ANYONE GOT ANY????

here are the plugs

also resisting the urge to paint the writing on the tyres white...

Cannon

Rides
    don't know what you use the car for but a warning I had a set like those engine mounts and i did not like them at all, shook the car to death ended up buying nismos. Other than that nice car bud

Rides
    Nice one dude,r u using the car as a daily or just more a toy

:0)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRORY View Post
    don't know what you use the car for but a warning I had a set like those engine mounts and i did not like them at all, shook the car to death ended up buying nismos. Other than that nice car bud
    This man speaks the truth.

And doesn't even know you Cannon

Seriously, them mounts are just over sized HOCKY PUCKS!!

What you will use the car for, reallyyyyyyyyyyy shouldn't use them.

Could make you very quickly want to burn (well sell) the car

Anyway, leave the white writing on tyres in the 80'z xx

P.s, I need to come see this car :like:

Are you at just jap thing tomorrow at beauli?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRORY View Post
    Yeah it’s a daily – but Nismo’s are a little out my price range right now.. and the mounts do need doing asap.. these seem to have a bit of squidge in them so didn’t know if they were the street ones from DB Power or something similar???

Quote Originally Posted by phat 13 View Post
    Nice one dude,r u using the car as a daily or just more a toy

:0)
    This is the daily at the moment, I got rid of the diesel wagon as was due to be getting a company car but all that is on hold – typically shot myself in the foot, so using this as the everyday commuter

Quote Originally Posted by Clive "is a 14 year old" Littlechild View Post
    This man speaks the truth.

And doesn't even know you Cannon

Seriously, them mounts are just over sized HOCKY PUCKS!!

What you will use the car for, reallyyyyyyyyyyy shouldn't use them.

Could make you very quickly want to burn (well sell) the car

Anyway, leave the white writing on tyres in the 80'z xx

P.s, I need to come see this car :like:

Are you at just jap thing tomorrow at beauli?
    Nah didn’t make it buddy was packing for holiday and sorting some bits out.. but yeah you need to have a look over it and give it the clive seal of approval.. however I would say I still have plenty of work to do on it. And the zaust blow is getting worse but can’t do that until a weekend

Rides
    I had actual hockey pucks for engine mounts on a '13 for a while, used it daily and the extra vibration was totally overcome for me by the incredible amount of extra feel through the controls, the difference was amazing. They are pretty quick to swap out too so it's no real bother, you might like them like I did.

Rides
    So bit more of an update, Massive exhaust blow has been identified as the turbo to mani gasket which has 2 loose bolts at the side closest to the block, the most difficult one to get to,

that will be tackled upon my return to England,

Engine mounts didnt get done tonight due to lack of time however...

new shiney bits turned up

ANd shiney bits from Apex, which werent shiney but the label was...

so got the car in the air

and got to work

Old Gearbox Mount

New Gearbox Mount - blurry pic

bit of a difference considering the wobby rubbish-ness of the stock

Gearbox Oil changed, and then Engine oil dropped - nice clean black colour.....and filter looked like it had been on there a while...

Assembled this bad boy

made sure I used the correct redtop centre plate as the threads differ on redtop none vvt and blacktop vvt

and then put everything back together....

and made sure the gauges work

and to top it all off... at work... a bee decided to kill itself and lay legs up on my bonnet.... which was a sign clearly I need to rag it more as I am not harming the environment enough so they are taking it into its own hands... so to save more BEE's i will now drive a million miles an hour everywhere.... "thats why officer"

Mani Gasket and Engine mounts next on the list of things to do

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dandan View Post
    I had actual hockey pucks for engine mounts on a '13 for a while, used it daily and the extra vibration was totally overcome for me by the incredible amount of extra feel through the controls, the difference was amazing. They are pretty quick to swap out too so it's no real bother, you might like them like I did.

yeah I have to say it doesnt phase me, I had solid mounts on one of my 14's and seemed to actually be nicer to drive.. maybe I am wierd

Rides
    Well just to let you guys have a sneak peak of what went on this weekend

The car is a totally different animal now, LOADS of issues sorted, and also some new shiney bits for extra awesome…

Will do a full update later but here is a teaser shot.. or 2

Rides
    So.. had a busy weekend, Massive thanks to Big Stu, BH Stu, Poth and anyone that chipped in and helped,

firstly sorted the engine oil leak - from the sandwhich plate, wasnt seating properly due to the fact the red tops have 3 little bolts that hold the oil plate in place and these were fouling on the back of the sandwhich plate which meant it wasnt able to seal so had about 1mm gap all around it, shaved these down a bit and no more leaks, nipped up all the senders in it as well, no more leaks from this which is awesome and temp sender seems to work better now.

ALSO DB power engine mounts went in as we had the alternator off and it was in desperate need for them. I may change the name of the thread to WagonShaker now.. they are interesting but not too crazy like hockey pucks.

And then the new shoes kindly delivered by Adam were delivered... and we discovered they didnt fit due to the profile of the tyres being too large on the front.. well they fitted.. but they didnt turn without destroying the bodykit, we had about 2" of turn each way,

Anyway Important Specs:

SSR Koenig Monsters 18x10.5 et15 and 18x12j et15 - plenty of dish
    12's have 275/40/18
    10.5's have 245/40/18 which are now 225/40/18

Heres the new stretch on the front

main issue with the fronts not fitting is due to these flipping things being so big!!! damn you r34 Brembos

RIGHT!!! anyway I went and bought this as it was needed to fuel the rest of the weekend

to fuel this

And when we were removing the bits discovered that this may have been an issue, along with the fact this turbo gasket was in need of replacing

So the new bits were ready to go on

New bits done up and new Mani as the old one had cracks on every port, on every face was warped and in general it was messed up,

New oil return pipe made

also cleaned all this orange gasket crap off the face of the block

....stu bear busy pulling things off

Anyway everything got put back together, and we finally got the bonnet on at about 10:30pm after starting at 11am dodging rain, collecting manifolds, swapping tyres, and alllll kinds of fun...

and heres how the car stands at the moment, need to actually clean the wheels and polish the lips... Man it feels good to have boost again and no leaks.. car is a totally different animal now and its running properly I can concentrate on enjoying it and making it even more awesome - Maybe a rear diffuser is needed

so thats it for now, feedback welcome

Rides
    Duuuuuuuude !
    I can't believe the shit issues you been sorting, I never knew it was that bad,

But now look!!
    I recon u need some of my s skirt under guards , top that off with like a rubber finisher around the f bumper to drop the gap an that will look epic!!
    I am almost tempted to paint my wheel white now.
    Good job Phil ;0)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by phat 13 View Post
    Duuuuuuuude !
    I can't believe the shit issues you been sorting, I never knew it was that bad,

But now look!!
    I recon u need some of my s skirt under guards , top that off with like a rubber finisher around the f bumper to drop the gap an that will look epic!!
    I am almost tempted to paint my wheel white now.
    Good job Phil ;0)
    yeah its been a little bugger to sort everything out but its 95% done I reckon now aside from the aesthetics, what are these bits you are tempting me with, feel free to post pics or pop me a pm on fb dude

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I love everything about this kit bar the front bumper. A type x front bumper on that would be spot on imo
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    what are the split rims?

Rides
    Incredible mate. Looks evil as hell!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    Incredible mate. Looks evil as hell!!
    thanks buddy

speaking with Wayne ^^^ te guy who built the kit and he is making a frotn lip and some side skirt steppers to lower the lines a little for me as well

or could just man up and slam the car more - but it is a daily

Quote Originally Posted by super_woody View Post
    what are the split rims?
    SSR Koenig Monsters 18x10.5jj 18x12jj dude et15 on both but both running spacers and alot of stretch

Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    I love everything about this kit bar the front bumper. A type x front bumper on that would be spot on imo
    awww dont you think it looks like an old pontiac hahaha

i am still mixed with the front end, Waynes one has the cut outs for kouki sidelights and indicators (PHAT13) but mine doesnt i.e the motorbike indicators and the front lights are bracketed NOT to pop up which sucks but makes sense..

I wouldnt want to mix and match the kit in honesty as its the ONLY wagonmaker s13 on the road at the moment

Rides
    love the look of this car, those arches look so at home on it, and those wheels