Thread: *** Headunit not working? ***

Rides

*** Headunit not working? ***

Hi guys im not a complete tard with electrical but I am not the best person. Basically had my gearbox converted from auto to manual and took my sub out of the back while it went in (nothing to do with it but thought I would mention it regardless).
    When I had the car back my head unit wont even light up, its a pioneer unit was quite an expensive unit back in the day it used to cut out randomly before the car went in by cut out I mean it would cut out to Tuner randomly... Dunno why but I put up with it.
    But not it doesnt work at all I have checked the units earth and it all seems ok I have also checked the fuses and they seem ok. I will double check later but I am farely sure I have checked enough. Anything else other than checking the wiring behind the unit anyone can suggest? Maybe when the box was converted a wire was left out?

Rides
    Have you wired a seperate earth in, and plugged aerail back in.

Rides
    Or blown a fuse, check you have 12 volt and permanent and 12 volt on ignition live with ignition on.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by James_200sx View Post
    Or blown a fuse, check you have 12 volt and permanent and 12 volt on ignition live with ignition on.
    Thanks for the productive advice but its all sorted now was 1 of the connections behind the unit, I did double check but mustve missed something cheers for the advice tho matey

Rides
    check earth