Thread: 7days to my GF's birthday project

Rides

7days to my GF's birthday project

Cant believe that my first project thread is not even a car let alone a 200, anyway....

10 days to my girlfriends birthday and she says that she wants a pink 50cc Vespa so I started hunting on ebay!
    7 days to go and I found and brought this;

It came with a lot of spares and despite being called an ET2 (2-stroke) It actually turned out to be an ET4 with a 4-stroke, bonus Although it was a non runner I was confident it was due to a lack of spark so hopefully not too hard to sort out.
    24hrs later and it was stripped bare and the filling and sanding had started

4 days to go and first coat of primer reveals all the bits I had missed/not filled or sanded properly

3days to go and re-primed, sanded and ready for paint

2 days to go and bright pearlescent pink and 2pack laquer on

1 day to go and I want to start re-assembly but I am busy doing other things, finally start at about 6pm thinking I'm never going to finish it tonight but I crack on anyway.
    No lights in the garage so I install the wiring loom first and the battery and hook up the headlight (not very strong on a Vespa), realise very quickly that the battery wont last the distance unless the motor is running but I still haven't ever started the little putput.
    I quickly gap and fit the new spark plug, fill up the petrol tank and crank the electric start and give it a little throttle, va..va..vrooom she fires up and sounds great like a tunned lawn mower lol. actually more relieved than happy.
    Its now 11pm and its all back together, super happy, rebuilt the little scooter in just 5 hours which suprised me bigtime, they really are pretty simple little things but it does feel like working on a toy after so many years of working on cars.

Enough chat and to the end result (still needs a good polish with some cutting compound but I didn't have the time)

Ordered a few chrome bits and clear indicators too so they will be added when they come.
    All in all pretty happy and the girlfriend was so so happy, big bonus points for me

Rides
    Well it looks very good and i hope she likes...

Rides
    Hi Scotty
    I adore her....
    Leanne

Rides
    Serious browny points for you

well played, sir

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LewyS14a View Post
    Serious browny points for you

well played, sir
    I'd say bum licking points!!!!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bens14 View Post
    Hi Scotty
    I adore her....
    Leanne
    I'd say she was pretty happy from her jacking my account to write the post above