Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Enquiries section

Rides
    Hi,

I have a s13 that is crying out for an RB25DET conversion. I would love to try this myself but I want the car done asap.

Is this something you could do and if so how much is this likely to cost? Labour and sourcing of the parts?

Thanks
    Last edited by Polo2; 17-07-2010 at 10:01.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bob72 View Post
    Hi,

I have a s13 that is crying out for an RB25DET conversion. I would love to try this myself but I want the car done asap.

Is this something you could do and if so how much is this likely to cost? Labour and sourcing of the parts?

Thanks

Hi,

Typical conversion parts are £1500-1800, labout would be £800-900.

Rides
    How much would you charge to do a manual conversion on an s14a? All parts should be included.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    How much would you charge to do a manual conversion on an s14a? All parts should be included.
    When you say all parts should be included?

Labour on the conversion is £240, the parts can be had for around £400-500

Rides
    I haven't bought all the parts yet hence the "should have all the parts". Cheers for the quote.

Rides
    I need to get some bits I've bought fitted. All on an s14a. How much would you charge for Fitting an fmic, turbo elbow, downpipe, walbro, gizzmo ibc and doing an oil and filter change? I may also have tension rods, strut braces and a catch can.
    If you have the gaskets for the exhaust that would help. If not I can get them.
    Also how long will you need the car for and when can you do it?
    Cheers.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I need to get some bits I've bought fitted. All on an s14a. How much would you charge for Fitting an fmic, turbo elbow, downpipe, walbro, gizzmo ibc and doing an oil and filter change? I may also have tension rods, strut braces and a catch can.
    If you have the gaskets for the exhaust that would help. If not I can get them.
    Also how long will you need the car for and when can you do it?
    Cheers.
    Pm on its way

Rides
    Hey i messaged you last week about some work i need doing,
    i got all the parts pretty much now just waiting for the oil filter and sump plug which should come this following week!

So I need these to be fitted:

downpipe
    turbo elbow
    spark plugs
    fuel pump
    and a oil change

so if you can fit me in next weekend 14th Aug that would be great and i'll drive down as its the only time i get off.

Thanks

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pete0z View Post
    Hey i messaged you last week about some work i need doing,
    i got all the parts pretty much now just waiting for the oil filter and sump plug which should come this following week!

So I need these to be fitted:

downpipe
    turbo elbow
    spark plugs
    fuel pump
    and a oil change

so if you can fit me in next weekend 14th Aug that would be great and i'll drive down as its the only time i get off.

Thanks

Hi,

Why didnt you PM me with this
    The soonest i can get you in will be wens the 18th as im flat out ATM.

Give the workshop a ring one 01296 655270 if you would like to book it in

Rides
    Hey, are you able to do weekends? i was gonna say if thats the soonest you can do, then make it the 21.8.10 a saturday instead? i'm not in a rush but want it done in times that suit really!

Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    Hi,

Why didnt you PM me with this
    The soonest i can get you in will be wens the 18th as im flat out ATM.

Give the workshop a ring one 01296 655270 if you would like to book it in
    Cos you told me not to pm you back! and to write it on the enquireeees section when i last pm'd you! haha

Rides
    Hello! Was chatting to Shane tonight and he said to give you a shout, my S13 engine is low on compression and im looking at getting a full rebuild, is this something you would do, and what kind of prices would I be looking at? I was looking at going down the Norris Designs route as for me, its all about piece of mind knowing the job is done properly, I know I would be paying through the nose, Shane said you really knew your stuff so just thought I would make a quick enquiry, I would be looking for a full rebuild, standard parts etc, not looking for a fast road or anything like that.
    Thanks in advance

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by moomin View Post
    Hello! Was chatting to Shane tonight and he said to give you a shout, my S13 engine is low on compression and im looking at getting a full rebuild, is this something you would do, and what kind of prices would I be looking at? I was looking at going down the Norris Designs route as for me, its all about piece of mind knowing the job is done properly, I know I would be paying through the nose, Shane said you really knew your stuff so just thought I would make a quick enquiry, I would be looking for a full rebuild, standard parts etc, not looking for a fast road or anything like that.
    Thanks in advance
    Typicly labout on a rebuild is £500, parts list is down to you and what you want in it, but i can put a recomended list together if you like

Rides
    Typicly labout on a rebuild is £500, parts list is down to you and what you want in it, but i can put a recomended list together if you like
    Thanks Polo, Yes a list would be good, apart from the usual oil, water pump, belts etc, im not really too sure what I will definately need to source, I do have a HKS metal h.g that I want on there, just to make it a bit more bullet proof, but apart from that, any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated and I can get on the case and start buying what I need for it, and, if you have any suggestions on sensible upgraded parts, feel free to mention them. All im looking to be running is a sensible, sturdy stage 2 set-up so I dont need to be messing about with expensive cams, pistons, etc, but if there is anything that could be added that would be good to know.
    Thanks in advance, again

Rich

Rides
    Hey! just wondering if there is any news on that re-build essentials list???
    Cheers

Rich

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by moomin View Post
    Thanks Polo, Yes a list would be good, apart from the usual oil, water pump, belts etc, im not really too sure what I will definately need to source, I do have a HKS metal h.g that I want on there, just to make it a bit more bullet proof, but apart from that, any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated and I can get on the case and start buying what I need for it, and, if you have any suggestions on sensible upgraded parts, feel free to mention them. All im looking to be running is a sensible, sturdy stage 2 set-up so I dont need to be messing about with expensive cams, pistons, etc, but if there is anything that could be added that would be good to know.
    Thanks in advance, again

Rich

Sorry i read your reply an was going to reply when i had a chance.

Basic build:
    All gaskets,
    Shells,
    oil pump rotors,
    Rod bolts,
    hone,
    Head skim,
    lap the valves,
    cam belt, idler and tensioner.

If your budget can stretch its well worth sticking some rods, pistons and getting it balanced.

Paul

Rides
    Sorry i read your reply an was going to reply when i had a chance.

Basic build:
    All gaskets,
    Shells,
    oil pump rotors,
    Rod bolts,
    hone,
    Head skim,
    lap the valves,
    cam belt, idler and tensioner.

If your budget can stretch its well worth sticking some rods, pistons and getting it balanced.

Paul
    Cheers, well, i will start buying a few bits myself, and will no doubt be in touch in the near future! thanks for the list.
    Rich

Rides
    Hey Paul,

How's your TIG skills?

I've depowered the mazda steering rack for better steering feel, and at some point I need to strip it and get the PAS 'quill' valve thing welded up (the valve that directs the pas fluid above the pinion). It needs someone very good at TIG to do it without warping the shaft - I've got a howto guide somewhere that has some recommendations...

Anything you'd be able to do, or know someone that could - don't think it's more than half an hours work or so?

Cheers

Jon

Rides
    Have you made an exhaust like yours yet for the s13 or does it still have to be made on the car?

Rides
    *edit - double post
    Last edited by mr_reepers13; 29-08-2010 at 03:06.

Rides
    hello mate,
    how much to fit some springs?