Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Groupe buy on digi dash? Whos up for it?

Rides

Groupe buy on digi dash? Whos up for it?

I want to do a groupe buy on these to get the price down, as i want for my own car

Very good bits of kit!! I know there are better ones out there but this is the simplest to get working on these cars, as most others rely on the stock sensors and signals, this one comes with every thing!
    They really do a hell of alot for the money!!! Considering youd spend that on just 3-4 gauages, it really shows just what good value they are! And thats at the normal RRP of £350, hopefully i can get them down a fair bit on that.

"Standard Features Summary
    The DD2-LITE display indicates real time information on all key vehicle parameters and is designed to replace all dashboard instrumentation with one compact, light-weight unit.

Primarily designed for road and track day use, the DD2-LITE displays the following parameters: speed; rpm; engaged gear; water temperature; oil temperature; oil pressure; battery volts and fuel level.

In addition, the system also includes: 11 programmable rpm shift lights; 5 key warning lights; 1 one configurable warning light; as well as peak value recall on all parameters; a road legal odometer; a trip distance counter / timer / average speed indicator and a real time clock that shows both time and date. Programmable alarms allow you to preset alarm levels and leave the task of monitoring temperatures and pressures to the DigiDash system, enabling you to get on with the job of driving the vehicle."

http://www.etbinstruments.com/DD2_lite.htm

Last edited by Polo2; 05-12-2010 at 20:04.

Rides
    very good kit, have had this in mine for a year now and have just bought one for the s15, well recomended, good luck with this

Rides
    are these mot passable? how difficult to install mate?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddS14A View Post
    are these mot passable? how difficult to install mate?
    Yep raod legal with all conpulsery warning lights included!
    Iv not fitted one but looking throgh there well documented info on there site, id guess even a novice can instal one

The 6 warning lights, all the metering devices and warnings, if you brought seperatly and wired in, id say your looking at atleast double the money and double the time to instal!

Rides
    yeah im just having a read through the website now. Im trying to look for an alternative to monitor everything but without having gauges left right and centre, hence my other thread about aem tru boost. This could be the answer im looking for tbh.

keep us posted on if they can lower the price a bit on a bulk buy. And if can sort it so after january i could very well be in mate

also will this fit in the oem instrument position?
    Last edited by ToddS14A; 05-12-2010 at 20:25.

Rides
    Any chance of a group buy on dash2 units mate?

Rides
    yeah im just having a read through the website now. Im trying to look for an alternative to monitor everything but without having gauges left right and centre, hence my other thread about aem tru boost. This could be the answer im looking for tbh.

keep us posted on if they can lower the price a bit on a bulk buy. And if can sort it so after january i could very well be in mate

also will this fit in the oem instrument position?
    Yea id want it done and dusted by end of jan
    Yea easy fit in, its only 90mm high and 160mm wide

Quote Originally Posted by nevins View Post
    Any chance of a group buy on dash2 units mate?
    Thats what i was looing at to start with but there alot more in depth instal and requiers tapping into the stock sensors and ECU. Id pref go for a stand alone instrumentation, as stock gauges/sensors are sooo vauge!

Rides
    also will this work with a stock ecu?

Rides
    also will this work with a stock ecu?
    Yea it will work with any engine management, even carbs or diesel as its totaly stand alone and comes with all sensors needed appart from speed and RPM.

Rides
    what i had done with mine was as i fitted the s14 dash to the s13 i used the oem dash box, empty all the insides out, fitted a backplate to it and mounted it on that. with the space in front of the guage i put felt around the rest of the casing that would be seen. i can put pics up later if you wish?

Rides
    that would be great mate if you could

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post

Thats what i was looing at to start with but there alot more in depth instal and requiers tapping into the stock sensors and ECU. Id pref go for a stand alone instrumentation, as stock gauges/sensors are sooo vauge!
    Thats true, they can be a nightmare to wire in. They do look the part though and a very nice bit of kit

Rides
    can you get the measurments of the actul hud please need width, hight and depth

Rides
    so without looking at the link cause ii'm lazy ( as you know )

can this do everything a std dash can and also incorporate proper readings for things like water temp and oil pressure and temps etc?

Rides
    Bang on mate, and also has alarms for those too as well as fuel level

Rides
    will it work on engine transplants? im thinkin v8?

Rides
    Im really interested in that, didn't realise you could get them that cheap anyways. Liking the idea of integrated speed camera detection aswell, thats pretty cool. Only thing this is missing is AFR.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by super_woody View Post
    can you get the measurments of the actul hud please need width, hight and depth
    I posted alread 90mm x 160mm x 28mm

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_e1 View Post
    so without looking at the link cause ii'm lazy ( as you know )

can this do everything a std dash can and also incorporate proper readings for things like water temp and oil pressure and temps etc?
    Yea and more, it even works out what gear your in from road speed and engine speed! And 0-60 and 0-100 Can have all readings in lbs/psi kph/mph degs c/degs f etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dukey View Post
    will it work on engine transplants? im thinkin v8?
    Yea, will work with any engine, chassis combo! Carbs, diesel, rotary, steam etc

Quote Originally Posted by ricky3510 View Post
    Im really interested in that, didn't realise you could get them that cheap anyways. Liking the idea of integrated speed camera detection aswell, thats pretty cool. Only thing this is missing is AFR.
    Yea missing AFR and knock but with the use of the aux light im sure you could incorperate some sort of knock warning

Any way iv been talking to them this morn, and unless we get a considerable number there wont be much discount
    if we get 10 its £328.06 + Postage, in the new year £335.04
    Thats if i sell them for what i get them for to

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    I might well be tempted - all the senders on my Blitz gauges are broken and it will probably cost £300 to replace them
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    In terms of fitting in the hole where the old dash clocks etc were... can you create a plate to make it tidy?