Thread: Does anyone know where I can buy cement panelling from

Trader: Plus Four Engineering Plus4E's Avatar
    Rides

Does anyone know where I can buy cement panelling from

Looking for some blown / fibre cement panels - the ones that look like timber. I have some building control issues with my garage, so need to panel it with something non-combustible. Even considering building the frame from 2"x2" steel square tube to be extra fireproof, but may yet stick with a timber frame.

This is the kind of stuff I'm after:

http://www.marleyeternit.co.uk/Cladd...therboard.aspx

Could do with a recommended supplier in the SE.
    Where ever you go, never take an idiot with you. You can be sure you'll find one when you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by TomK View Post
    The lower front bar was also showing the typical signs of any metal attached to an s13

Rides
    pop in to one of your local suppliers, i ordered the blueclad board straight from my local independant supplier.

edited: what is the fire issue, due to being close to the boundary and other properties?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dano View Post
    pop in to one of your local suppliers, i ordered the blueclad board straight from my local independant supplier.
    Umm.. that's what I'm asking for I don't know who my local supplier is or which one to use

EDIT: Might have helped if I said "The Sout East"

Quote Originally Posted by dano View Post
    edited: what is the fire issue, due to being close to the boundary and other properties?
    Correct
    Last edited by Jesus-Ninja; 01-07-2010 at 19:51.
    Where ever you go, never take an idiot with you. You can be sure you'll find one when you get there.

The lower front bar was also showing the typical signs of any metal attached to an s13

Rides
    Oh, what's blueclad?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus-Ninja View Post
    Oh, what's blueclad?
    its a render board (same size as a sheet of plasterboard) made by the same company that fixes to a timber frame structure that you then render. Good stuff but bloody expensive.

your other option is to speak with the marley sales office and see who they supply in your area (may even be a installer whom you could buy from), that how i found my bifold door company.

Rides
    I'm really stuck between going for a pre-fab steel building, made to my dimensions, which then has all the certification, wind / snow loading, designs, plans, specs for footings and totally non-combustible, and a slightly more custom timber frame fireproof clad inside and out, but with the overhead of drawing / paying for plans etc, building control being a little less sure about it, and needing to involve a professional / experienced builder to make sure it's all done right, but more in line with what we ideally would like.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus-Ninja View Post
    I'm really stuck between going for a pre-fab steel building, made to my dimensions, which then has all the certification, wind / snow loading, designs, plans, specs for footings and totally non-combustible, and a slightly more custom timber frame fireproof clad inside and out, but with the overhead of drawing / paying for plans etc, building control being a little less sure about it, and needing to involve a professional / experienced builder to make sure it's all done right, but more in line with what we ideally would like.
    Its easy for me as I do this for a living.

However. if you go a timber frame route, they complete all the calc for the structure as part of their price. Many frame companies are struggling so price very tight. I got mine basically for cost, I could not have built it brick/block for the same money. I dint even think of a prefab they look just horrid.

the drawings are simple a few hundred quids worth, building control and the fire proofing a little more difficult. The inside is just plasterboard but the outside the cement board is prob your best friend.

Work wise, get a subby in to get the base in and instal the frame yourself, is very easy and the kits come with full fitting details. You can do the cladding and just then get a roofer in to do the roof. A chippie for a couple of days to do the eaves, soffits and barge boards and the doors.

For me the extra money to get a much much nicer design of something you actually want to build is far better value for money.

How many m2 of external boarding do you need?

Rides
    I think I need to cover 75sqm

Rides
    Parker Building Supplies does the south east. Where abouts are you?

http://www.parkers.uk.com/home.htm
    Last edited by wobbit; 02-07-2010 at 13:12. Reason: English fail :p

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbit View Post
    Parker Building Supplies the south east. Where abouts are you?

http://www.parkers.uk.com/home.htm
    Orpington

Rides
    see if Sheffield Insulation, CCF, CP Supplies, can supply you not sure if you have any near you, but they all have websites with contact details
    Last edited by Monkey; 02-07-2010 at 13:19.

Rides

Rides
    you got any reclamation yards near you?

edit try one of these

http://www.touchlocal.com/nat/c-248-...tion-Orpington

second hand building material, maybe cheaper
    Last edited by Monkey; 02-07-2010 at 13:22.