Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Merkybouys s13 project

Rides

Merkybouys s13 project

right, hear she is, a 1993 red s13, with a decent engine gear box but all the other s13 niggly bits..

first of all was too sort out the hanging rear number plate lights as the old plate was non existant!

this was a nice and easy job, made out of some old galvanised steel, and painted it black!

next thing too tackle was the old viscous fan coupling which was siezed on constantly!

now i could have brought a new one or a universal electric fan but instead i got myself down too a scrappy and found a twin electric fan off of an audi a6, paid 25 squid for it and made it fit!

looks oem too me if i may say so!

next i sorted the exhaust out.. it was rotten as a pear, now i will buy a decent straight thru system when i can, but this was lying in me garage so i thought id plonk it on.. it does the job for now!

but now my starter motor is shagged!! lol the joys of an old car!

il be sure too keep you guys updated on the car! johnny!

Rides
    good start there. U will love the 13

Rides
    looks clean. good luck!

Rides
    small update for ya, firstly we (namely my dad) wired in a fuse holder so i can take any add ons straight to that.

then i installed my thermostat, which triggers my fan at 90 degrees and switches it off when it cools down too 80 degrees! all fused and relayed, works a treat!

then today i decided i needed some music in my life... so mids and tweeters installed, also my cdplayer!

just won a boost gauge off of egay, so hopefully i can fit that when it arrives! safetysss

Rides
    Good base to start frm bud looks clean and tidy

Rides
    nice work, thats one clean s13

Rides
    where did you get your thermostat from?

Rides
    eBay mate, I rekon it's one used for kitcars and such, just a universal thingy.. £45 if I remember rightly!

Rides
    right, i thought id tackle the infamous s13 boot rot, so i got cracking on friday night, whipping out the wiper motor, and removing the spoiler too find 3 decent sized rust holes/patches

i proceded to cut out all traces of rust and made myself 3 repair panals which i tacked in place with a mig welder...

yum yum, then i ground my welds flush and proceded too skim with filler until i got my desired shape..

i was hoping too get away with 3 patches of filler over each repair panal, but had to resort too a big fat skim and flatten the boot by hand, lonnnnnngggg, bit i got there in the end.

i then masked and primed the bootlid ready for wet flatting and stoppering up tomorro and hopefully painting on monday lunch time!!

Rides
    well today i guide coated my boot and flatted with 500g paper..

i then polyester stoppered any final pin holes and inperfections

and finished by priming over and bare metal/stopper before paint either tomorro or tuesday!

Rides
    Nice to see you doing a proper job
    This is a good 'how to fix rusty bootlid' guide for S13 owners
    Carry on mate detailing each step. Fantastic work.

Rides
    cheers IKRAM, any way, heres the finished article, turned out good, shame about the colour match, there were 2 shades, so i took the car down just too be sure, then i put it on and its a bit lighter than the rest of the car! not too much of a problem as im getting over fenders so as i go on panal by panal it will sort its self out.. the doors have key marks in them so they need painting, both front wings are a tad rusty so they'll get done, and when i get skirts they'll need doing!! lol too much worrrkkk but its good as its keeping me busy/interested!

Rides
    Top quality job, really impressed

Can you paint my whole car?

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    right all, little update for ya firstly a custom gauge holder which i made by hand... ball ache but it looks ok while my dad gets one of his work mates to make one out of brushed ally on the lazer cutter which will hold 2..

next my mate sorted me out a induction kit which i still have too fit, and a BOV to fit when i get a front mount! only cost 15 squid too! bargin!!

and the mother of all, 80 quid all in got me wide arches and a short shifter which is the best mod by far for the money! feels so tight (yes that does sound wrong!! )

oh and couldnt resist fitting the pheonix golds

wheyhey! so finally gettin started, oh also just paid out for discs and pads all round which was quite dear at 200 quid, im gonna grab braided lines too so i can overhaul the braking all at once!

oh and heres said gauge holder

Rides
    a lil update from today... wasnt really feeling my rattly cat and silencer so i chopped um out!

Rides
    easy all, heres my modding since my last post, taken off another forum im on.. anyway my mot's running out end of october so i need to sort things out..
    brakes first

and braided hoses and new pipes at the rear coz they were shagged

!!

got this badboy, needs work but will look good ya'lll!!!

put this on

sounds mental, but i wont keep it on for long as ive got this!

its a japspeed turbo back, 3 inch straight through, am gunna buy a new manifold and turbo elbow b 4 i fit but i cant wait, gonna sound lovely after!!

next bit is the boring but, stripped out my car for any welding thats needed, as mot is creeping up, the good news is theres NO and i mean NO holes in the floor, the bad is the sills and chassis rails need doing, so ive got a messy task this weekend to get it all done, wish me luck!!

then the actuall job

just got too finish off one plate on the other side, then the sills need attention, then im done!

Rides
    lil update for those interested

chassis rail much worse than the first

and a start on my front bumper, firstly i cut the shite out

Then rivited ally bars across to get strength and shape

i then taped the shape up and fiberglassed from the rear

voila

and this is where im at, just fiberglassed the shape ready for a buzz down and filler!

should look good when im finished!

Rides
    dug all the shite out and heres how it stands

just need too re apply fiberglass behind in certain places and re skim the front! should be all gravy when finished!

Rides
    Wow loving the work your doing, will be watching this thread.

Rides
    Fair play to ye dude some very nice work your doing to your motor ye got skills. Can't wait to see how it progresses.