Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sil80 Drift Project - Rising Out of the Ashes

Rides
    good effort man, big fan of the number plate guage holder, the rad tie thingys and the effort to straighten the apexi filter! brilliant! keep it up man!

Rides
    That banana

Rides
    Awesome

Whats the semi-synthetic for though?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    That banana
    seriously after all those posts and that was all you could add quail lol

magical mat! most impressed at the facty rather than buying new stuff you just bent everything back lol including a shell and an air filter lol

top stuff

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMat View Post
    Cheers for those Pete, I had seen most of them on the chins thread..man it was clean tho !!
    Cleanest S13 I've seen before or since

That's why I was upset when I saw what The Chin had done to it ( ), and even more upset when it got crashed

Glad you're resurrecting it though

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedz View Post
    good effort man, big fan of the number plate guage holder, the rad tie thingys and the effort to straighten the apexi filter! brilliant! keep it up man!
    Cheers fella I dont really like to buy stuff off the shelf ... got to repair it or make it !

Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    That banana
    It was so bad !! ... it was stuck to the cadbury's wrapper !

Quote Originally Posted by kam View Post
    Awesome

Whats the semi-synthetic for though?
    Tis for the engine ! I know the majority of people run fully syn, but the car hasn't been run properly for a while, so it wont be staying in there too long.

Quote Originally Posted by ross86 View Post
    magical mat! most impressed at the facty rather than buying new stuff you just bent everything back lol including a shell and an air filter lol

top stuff
    Shells and air filters aint cheap !! bending stuff is

Quote Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
    Glad you're resurrecting it though
    Its getting there.

Rides
    Small update.

Decided to do a pressure test on the intercooler set up. Took the pipe post turbo and put a tyre valve in a spray can top

It worked a treat...until i went over 10psi and it exploded ! haha

After that I decided to remove the intercooler and quickly try it .... yeah.. i then either had a good idea or a really stupid one ! the only thing i could find around the house was a cardboard pipe

It fit rather well

I ran it for less than a couple of minutes. It didnt do any harm and highlighted that the problem is still there...so its not a boost leak from the damaged cooler.

Also, looking at the cooler pipes really shows that the damaged one.. is well damaged !

Im guna have another pipe made up to a similar spec to the 'good' one.. im wondering whether the damaged pipe should have a bigger curve?

Anyway, tried to chase the MAF wires and found the fuse box has some relays missing??

.... After that i got bored and sorted the handbrake out

that is all for today
    Last edited by MagicMat; 21-06-2010 at 08:59.

Rides
    a mate of mine made a pressure tester using a bit of plastic plumbing pipe and a screw on cap from a plumbers shop, valve and a guage mounted in the top, cost him about a tenner all in, incase you decide to make another. like the cardboard IC tho

Rides
    That sounds like an interesting set up, but i know the IC is good now

Rides
    Will Update properly tonight but im 99% sure i've fixed the MAF !

its still stuggling to idle until warm... so not sure what that is about. but its definately better !

Rides
    Right update time.

To help with the running issues i decided to install the blinking LED that is normally found on S14's.

I found the SR20 conversion guide helpful but confusing on this topic. I have successfully completed the install and thought i would give something back.

So i wrote a guide

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=464350

anyway onto the car

Anyway in short, i spliced into the ECU plug wires and rigged up the LED and switch

I mounted the LED and push to make button (which i found in the centre console, result !) on my licence plate

after the wiring was done I also decided to replace the strap i had on the ECU. In a rush to attend Blyton i used a metal strap and now i replaced it with an orange plastic one

I then activated the little light and it highlighted two faults

- ECU temp sensor circuit
    - MAF or AFM sensor jobbie.

However at first very strangely the car was running perfect. I then wiggled some of the loom wires and the fault returned. So i then began to strip the wiring loom down including all the insulation tape...even though there is continuity.

offending wire then found !!

It seems that the wires had been worn through and then hidden under insulation tape !!

I then started to strip the bad wires out and use heat shrink to cover the solders so nothing touches.

After that was sorted i decided to undo all the insulation tape and found another wire that had been worn through alittle, seems as though someone had been doing a half ass job at at repairing the wiring

I stripped all the wires but couldnt find another other dodgy wires which were dodgy.

I then decided to strap the loom well out of the way !!

while i was there decided to take a picture of the really fooked IC pipe

dont worry new pipe ordered

At long last i was able to lower the car to the ground and remove the axle stands !

While this was a good thing i've also found out that the car still doesnt like to idle when cold..but is happy to idle when hot. Im pretty sure the ECU temp sensor wiring is dodgy so thats next to do

But im getting there

Oh, and it was mentioned before so i'll update here.

Here was the hole in the intercooler which was funnel shape resulting in this

The hole was huge on the top so i filled it with Araldite and put a strip of silicone with a jubille clip around it .. i know its a shitty fix but it will do for now

Last edited by MagicMat; 30-06-2010 at 13:43.

Rides
    The other night the lass fell asleep infront of the TV so i went out and worked on the car

Decided to fix the rev counter, I used a 33k resistor as per the SR20 guide. However i opted to screw it to the back of the Tacho on the clocks because i did want to splice into any more ECU wires.

My little lcd panel isnt working but come to think about it. I dont think it ever has !

To do this i just crimped the resistor into the insulated crimps. I was careful not to break the resistor legs and used some heatshrink to stop the resistor touching anything else.

Rides
    Good work Matt . Im guna get a fair bit done on mine this weekend I hope!!

Rides
    Cheers fella,

Im bringing an S13 shell home this weekend to strip for the parts i need and then weight it in (much to the dismay of my girlfriend !)

But im getting there, have fun with yours fella

Rides
    Great project mate, good to see someone bring a car back to life. Where near Leeds are you?

Rides
    Cheers fella

I'm actually one village over from matt200sx and dating his sister

Rides
    Small world! Who got who into S bodies?

Rides
    Matt got me into them

I was dating his sister before i met him, (been to gether nearly 8 years now) I drifted a BMW e36 for a year but decided i wanted some JDM Turbo-ness !

I couldnt decide between an Rx7 FD or 200sx. My brother has a 350bhp Rx7 which is mental but i want to do this on the cheap... so step in 200sx !!

Rides
    small update

bought a breaker for parts.

I wanted the screen out of it, seeing as though swapping it over and a corsa seal fitting was only £52. But on closer inspection when i got home showed actually it was damaged..but i dont think its an MOT failure

still really annoying though ..so i've now opted for a brand new screen which is costing me £140 in total. Its another £90, which i wanted to save but i need this shell gone and putting a dodgy screen into my car will annoy me. So i've got to make another £90 out of this shell !

I've done a deal with the front end for another Ps13 front end. the new front has a better bonnet and importantly, includes the bumper !!

the car is now idling but its lumpy. Just need to sort this ECU temp sender problem.

Stripping this shell on my own isnt fun plan was to park it at my house on the trailer for a few days and then just weigh it in ! but its taking time to strip it ... i bet if i had a pikey friend it would be done within an hour !

Rides
    any updates buddy, Oh yes the car is now on breakers yard so alarm is now available