Thread: smoothing a s14a bumper

Rides

smoothing a s14a bumper

I have a spare s14a bumper. Standard one with the wee bump for the number plate etc. Was thinking about having it smoothed and painted.
    Anyone done this and what did they smooth out. So far the easy bits look like the washer holes, small recesses for blanks at each side, possibly remove centre bit from FMIC mouth. Any other ideas whats easily done ? Probably leave the small bump for a number plate to fit onto.

Rides
    i have seen the number plate recess smoothed,washer jets,and centre bar for the front mount with a srb splitter and looks the nuts.go for it. i think im right in saying it has to be plastic welded rather then fibreglass. could be wrong.
    Last edited by jay20; 16-06-2010 at 21:37.

Rides
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...+smooth+bumper

half way down the page theres a red s14a with no number plate recess

Rides
    ive just done it... Smoothed off the washers, indicators, number plate recess and smoothed in the splitter and also 2 vents. Also removed the centre section your on about.

Did all mine with fibreglass and dolphin glaze. my mate who owns a bodyshop says its spot on ready for spraying.

Rides
    I'm in the middle of doing this on my S14 bumper. I cut out the numberplate bit, trimmed it down, plastic welded it into place and then used a lot of bumper fill to get it back into shape for smoothing. Bumper Fill flexes with the bumper so it's better than normal filler. I've gone through 4 tubes already though. Nearly there , but will be worth it in the end.

I put fibre glass underneath the washer jets, then filled in the holes with the filler mentioned above.

Rides
    Stacey got the numberplate bit, washers, side recesses and centre bar done on mine Eager, just before I got it. Ya can have a look at it if you want and I could find out who done it for her?

Rides
    will get a pic for you 2moz, did mine by myself in a weekend, never done it before. Just trial and error.