Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *NEW* - Rota GKR

Rides

*NEW* - Rota GKR

We have just got our first delivery of some more brand new wheels

Rota decided to make these, so who were we to say no when they had some available for our container

I know some people may be marginally unimpressed, but we like them, and they're light!

Under 9kg for 18x9.5!!!

Available in 18x9.5 ET30 5114 only at the moment in the colours above, more sizes / colours to follow.

All constructive critisism, helpful comments, abuse and down right hatred greatfully received

Rides

They were doing so well with being original with the GTR-D.
    '99 S14A Garage Find (off the road since 2007) - WIP

Rides
    Are they ever going to design their own wheels?

They do look well though - love the Enkei's anyway so a good cheap alternative is definitely a winner.

Rides
    Reminds of Super Turismos's that you see on many hot hatches. Not sure if they'll suit jap cars. But I do like them.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie200sx View Post
    Reminds of Super Turismos's that you see on many hot hatches. Not sure if they'll suit jap cars. But I do like them.
    They are extremely similar to the Enkei NT03, but I reckon thats just a coincidence

Sorry Ben, but gotta say I agree with Piman on this one
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Nope. These are not for me. I like the GTR-D, they are much more spot on race rims.
    Last edited by shogun; 16-06-2010 at 17:45.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    All constructive critisism, helpful comments, abuse and down right hatred greatfully received
    so that covers you but what about the wheels

I think they look cool but thats because I love the originals.

Lightweight Alloy Wheels Rarerims.co.uk's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    They are extremely similar to the Enkei RPF01, but I reckon thats just a coincidence

Sorry Ben, but gotta say I agree with Piman on this one
    I would say more like the NT03+M's

One of my top three favourite wheels in the world

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Are they ever going to design their own wheels?

They do look well though - love the Enkei's anyway so a good cheap alternative is definitely a winner.
    The original NT03s are super cheap for what they are in all fairness I can get a set over here for less than 1k...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    The original NT03s are super cheap for what they are in all fairness I can get a set over here for less than 1k...
    Firstly... not the most constructive of comments in the traders section

Secondly... I would like to see your source on those, with exchange rates and taxes what they are, I would imagine you're a way off the mark with that price.

And these ones you talk about, are they stocked, or make believe

Rides
    Firstly... not the most constructive of comments in the traders section
    No, not constructive at all. But it annoys me that so many people make out that the originals are hideously expensive, when in the grand scheme of things - some of them are actually quite affordable.

Secondly... I would like to see your source on those, with exchange rates and taxes what they are, I would imagine you're a way off the mark with that price.

And these ones you talk about, are they stocked, or make believe
    I checked on a set of RPF1s from a place in the US last week and I was quoted just shy of 1k shipped as far as Heathrow or Gatwick. 17x9 and 17x10. The NT03s are a little more expensive, but not massively so.

Discussion for somewhere else anyway. I won't clutter your thread further.

Rides
    Shipping is 1 thing, but then you add duty and VAT and you're looking at a chunk more, for no benefit, as they weigh the same, and are made in the same way, and tested with certification to the same regulations!

Also, 17x9s and 17x10s are going to be cheaper than 18s by a fair bit.

As you say though, a conversation for somewhere else ideally

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarerims.co.uk View Post
    I would say more like the NT03+M's

One of my top three favourite wheels in the world
    Sorry, quote fixed - I meant the NT03 (and actually even checked I was right )
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Feedback from your potential customers to the manufacturer - we want more original designs. GTR-D is a smash hit
    '99 S14A Garage Find (off the road since 2007) - WIP

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Feedback from your potential customers to the manufacturer - we want more original designs. GTR-D is a smash hit
    Agreed... this is what we have been saying A LOT to them!

hopefully we'll be there soon, there are more in the pipeline

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    I got mine for a lot lot lot lot lot less than that

Dont suppose you know how they compare weight wise to the originals do you? Could do with 18s to raise the car a little but the originals are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo light

Stu@GarageSR, Aberdeen GarageSR's Avatar
    Rides
    As far as wheels go they look alright but is it only me who's pi55 boils at the fact that Rota just blatantly copy other manufacturers designs? Yes they are cheaper but the price reflects in the quality surely? I cant say I've ever heard a good word about the finish....

Sorry for the rant fellas but does nobody value originality anymore?

For what its worth Evilchap, I think these will sell quite well

Clickme

Rides
    I'd like to see some ACTUAL original designs! GTR-D is very nice, but it is just a Nismo rim with a dish added!

Something REALLY new and exciting at a Rota price and I'd be 100% interested!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    I got mine for a lot lot lot lot lot less than that

Dont suppose you know how they compare weight wise to the originals do you? Could do with 18s to raise the car a little but the originals are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo light
    They are identical weight to the NT03s. As it happens, Rota and Enkei also share all sorts of things, like supplying each other metal, and I know Enkei contract out all over to do testing manufacture

Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    As far as wheels go they look alright but is it only me who's pi55 boils at the fact that Rota just blatantly copy other manufacturers designs? Yes they are cheaper but the price reflects in the quality surely? I cant say I've ever heard a good word about the finish....

Sorry for the rant fellas but does nobody value originality anymore?

For what its worth Evilchap, I think these will sell quite well
    Thanks for the feedback The finish isn't as shiny as wheels that cost twice as much or more, but in terms of strength and weight they're as good or better than any other cast wheels.

Also, it's not just Rota who copy / share designs, almost every wheel manufacturer makes wheels that are just like other manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by bass_junkie123 View Post
    I'd like to see some ACTUAL original designs! GTR-D is very nice, but it is just a Nismo rim with a dish added!

Something REALLY new and exciting at a Rota price and I'd be 100% interested!
    Be serious here... it's nothing like the Nismo wheel as it stands. Rota plan to have original wheels in their line-up, and are currently in the process of increasing capacity to really go for this in a big way.

The thing is though, people want wheels that look like JDM rare wheels, but dont want to pay £3k+ for them, somebody was always going to make that possible, I dont see people ranting about replica wheels, sportmax or similar, you really need to move on from the Rota bashing!

Rides
    Nothin wrong with Rotas. I smashed up two of them into a kerb at 40 and they were in a far more repairable state than a SSR wheel I saw that took a similar impact.

Rota bashing is for morons.

I like these!! Any idea when 17's will be available?