Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bluedannys kouki restoration project

Rides

bluedannys kouki restoration project

i thought while the mrs watches the first episode of big brother i would start my new project thread

and her it is pick it up sunday, pick it cheap with 4 month tax and mot till next march the only problem was with the gearbox, so will be replacing that

had a good laugh driving it home, ended up ripping parts out while i was driving up the A1M, ill let the pictures do the talking

yes thats a plastic gearknob in the shape of a piston i would have thrown that out the window with some other stuff but found the shifter hacked to bits

and a boost gauage that was even plumbed in

on monday the first thing on the list was to fit the damson bootlid with kouki spoiler, still have the green bootlid which will take the kouki spoiler eventually

tuesday i fitted the damson kouki rear bumper, once i had the bumper off i noticed someone had gone to town with the hammerite to the back panel not a huge deal as ill take it back to bare metal, prime and paint it properly

Last edited by bluedanny; 10-06-2010 at 09:03.

Rides
    today i fitted the standard speaker out the damson breaker as this one was missing themit was also missing the parcel shelf, something i throw away the other week

while i was inside the car i fitted the stereo, suround and ash tray, must admit it looks 1000x better

while i was at i stripped the front end down as i noticed wood screws holding on the bumper and headlights

im glad i did because i found more wood screws and a totaly bend bumper upport bar

luckly i still have these part from my breaker and will be swapping them over

but don't worry it doesn't stop there previous onwer/s decided to fit a greddy fmic but fcuk know what going on with there pipe work have a feeling im going to be using my apex type 1

thats how i have left it today, going to transfer alot of the parts including headlights with hids, and kouki front bumper

Rides
    good base, loving the kouki rear. Pitty the previous owner has done such bodge jobs especially that FMIC pipework, if you cant do the job properly dont do it at all. Looing forward to watching this progress

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_clio2 View Post
    good base, loving the kouki rear. Pitty the previous owner has done such bodge jobs especially that FMIC pipework, if you cant do the job properly dont do it at all. Looing forward to watching this progress
    Could have been a drift slaaaaaaaggggg. I have seen far worse, at least they are proper clamps, and not cable ties, it has been done before

Rides
    Interesting pictures there of some epic 'over-the-topness' with FMIC pipework & supreme hammerite activity.

BTW, I have a mint S14 rear parcel shelf (with black 6x9 speaker covers) for sale at £25 posted, if that helps.

Rides
    looking good mate, back in the best shape, again going to keep it green mate?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzomagic View Post
    Could have been a drift slaaaaaaaggggg. I have seen far worse, at least they are proper clamps, and not cable ties, it has been done before
    i do have a feeling it been used for drifting or maybe for just abit of streeto

Quote Originally Posted by Ross S14 View Post
    Interesting pictures there of some epic 'over-the-topness' with FMIC pipework & supreme hammerite activity.

BTW, I have a mint S14 rear parcel shelf (with black 6x9 speaker covers) for sale at £25 posted, if that helps.
    cool you'll have a pm coming your way very soon

Quote Originally Posted by crouchy View Post
    looking good mate, back in the best shape, again going to keep it green mate?
    i really didn't want to break the damson but had no choice it is worth more in parts, just gutted that half my good stuff has gone

i have about 4 colours in mind

nissan bayside blue
    nissan midnight purple 3
    nissan damson
    MG trophy blue

Rides
    look forward to seeing how this comes out

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedanny View Post
    MG trophy blue
    That one Nice colour (shame about the cars its usually on) AFAIK not been done before in a Datsun and different enough from Bayside to be I would choose that as one of my top 3.

Anyway, if you picked midnight purple 3 or damson you'd have to request a namechange to "purpledanny" and that just doesn't roll off the tongue so well

Rides
    i would like to see you pick up mp3, its something like £500 a litre

im looking foward to how this turns out

Rides
    How the hell can anyone try and charge that for paint?

Rides
    Beacuase its an uber chameleon colour. LP2 midnight purple (the one 300's also came in) will be my colour

Rides
    To keep it exclusive, its from the Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec

Rides
    Good luck with that mate! Looking forward to seeing it at a meet

With the pipe work, could it be they didn't use a reducer and just put silcone on top of silicone? It's the only reason I can think of by looking at the pic

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    That one Nice colour (shame about the cars its usually on) AFAIK not been done before in a Datsun and different enough from Bayside to be I would choose that as one of my top 3.
    my daily/family car is MG ZS in trophy blue, would it look weird to have 2 different makes of car with the same colour parked outside the house?

gonna phone the place where i get my paint from tomorrow and see how much they want! i know it won't be cheap as it a pearl but surelly not that expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpy View Post
    Good luck with that mate! Looking forward to seeing it at a meet

With the pipe work, could it be they didn't use a reducer and just put silcone on top of silicone? It's the only reason I can think of by looking at the pic
    might be a while before its at a meet as my insurance runs out tonight with moving house in 3 weeks, im not in the situiation to be insuring it for a few months

thats exact what they have done i think why? god knows, but hey ho im having a good laugh over it

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    my daily/family car is MG ZS in trophy blue, would it look weird to have 2 different makes of car with the same colour parked outside the house?
    Hooray! I've managed to insult someone else today!!! First one was a customer who turned out to be a Prius driver... (deserved insults IMO )

Wouldn't look weird at all. Have you thought about HoK paint? Have a look - some gorgeous shades there.

Rides
    i do have a feeling it been used for drifting or maybe for just abit of streeto

cool you'll have a pm coming your way very soon

i really didn't want to break the damson but had no choice it is worth more in parts, just gutted that half my good stuff has gone

i have about 4 colours in mind

nissan bayside blue
    nissan midnight purple 3
    nissan damson
    MG trophy blue
    well it looks like you are giving it the proper treatment, so good luck, and keep it up.

Many thanks

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Looks like a good base, have to ask tho why break the damson and then go straight out and buy another car thats much the same as a project Do like the kouki aero tho so keep it up
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    ^^^ that is what i was wondaring nice project tho

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Looks like a good base, have to ask tho why break the damson and then go straight out and buy another car thats much the same as a project Do like the kouki aero tho so keep it up
    Quote Originally Posted by jay20 View Post
    ^^^ that is what i was wondaring nice project tho
    answer

basically my mum decided to sell her house and get somewhere smaller, which meant i have move out, the money i had for insurance etc, had to be used for a deposit on a house, so i made the desicion to break it as it was worth more in bit than as a whole car

when i worked out how much i made off it, i started looking for something to play for a year or 2 (just to keep my hands busy), i was looking at na mx5's and fc rx7's, but i couldn't really find anything i liked in my price range, when i saw this i couldn't resist really!as it was cheap enough and it made more sense to stick to the cars i know and love, then to go onto something different

edit: so i now have this car and money in my back packet, from what i have made off the damson
    Last edited by bluedanny; 11-06-2010 at 09:30.