Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: bluedannys kouki restoration project

Rides
    Ive got a Defi BF Boost gauge in white with red needle, and the controller if your intrested mate?

Rides
    Liking the engine bay, what paint did you use? normal kuro black rattle can?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by crouchy View Post
    Ive got a Defi BF Boost gauge in white with red needle, and the controller if your intrested mate?
    how much do you want for them mate? hows your car getting on, i see the pics on facebook of the underside sandblasted, gonna be awesome when its done

Quote Originally Posted by Waveydavey View Post
    Liking the engine bay, what paint did you use? normal kuro black rattle can?
    i used 2k solid in VW jet black eventually i will be painting all inner arches and floor pan but won't be till next summer now

Rides
    there are two things missing, the power lead to the controll box, and the long cable which plugs into the gauges from the box. these can be bought cheap from the states tho. i have the power lead in my loom which is in a big box, i will try and remove it.

I would be after £100 for them delivered mate

Rides
    im definitely intrested let me see if i can source the missing parts 1st

Rides

Rides
    cheers bud i was gonna ring jez tomorrow, do you think you would be able to find the power wire then?

Rides
    yea i can get it for you on sunday mate

Rides
    long and overdue update

since finding out i may not have a job on xmas eve, i haven't really touched the shell as i haven't had any really had the motivation to do anything on it, since my last update i sold the kouki front and rear bumpers, headlights, coilovers, gearbox and engine, only to cover me just incase i go on the rock and roll

even tho i have sold the engine and box, i have them both sorted, i brought another s14 off a friend of a friend that was moving aboard, i orginally brought it sell to a member that was looking for one, but pulled out with the money i was going to make of it i was going to buy my mates front end fire damaged s14 for the engine and box. so the donor car i have is a 1995 s14 auto, yes i will be doing a breaking thread very soon

as for gearbox i got my hand on a skyline gts-t gearbox from 56km car, i was well chuffed when it turn up as i was just expecting the gearbox i got the gearbox xmember and prop i need is the sr-rb25 conversion plate

today i got cracking on with the lower part of the front panel on the shell, i spent ages clean all the rust off cutting off the chassic ends, followed by some paint

on the upper front panel i had a couple of snapped studs, when the paint had dried, i drilled out the remaining parts of the studs and welded a bolt in its place, sorry about the crap pics was dark when i finished

while the paint was drying i stripped down some spare rear hubs i had laying around, i have already burnt the bushes out just had to do some to remove the sleeves, so now there ready for sand blasters and powder coaters when i start the rear end

next weekend plans are to paint the upper front panel and inner arch, followed by some stone chip

Rides
    Glad to see this still going

Rides
    yeah mate its stilll going will be able to do alot more now the weather getting better and hopefully have it back on 4 wheels again soon, then it will de-rusting the rear end

Rides
    may as well update this

so i spent a weekend cleaning out all the underseal and sealer form both the fornt arches and cleaned the surface rust off the floor pan, gave them a coat of etch primer and a good coating of fresh underseal, did get as many pics as i'd like

drivers side

pass side

also cleaned up the power steering rack with new enery suspension rack bushes and fitted the front subframe and tension rod supports

big props to rockauto.com ordered 2 moog ball joints on friday night and had them at my door step tuesday morning takes longer to get part form within the uk let alone the states

took another trip to the sand blaster and powder coaters and got the aircon rad and radiator support, front and rear ARB brackets and inner arch brake pipe bracket clean up and coated

last but not least sr20-rb25 gearbox conversion plate, just need a custom prop and manual spigot bush for the auto engine, which should be out the breaker next weekend

Rides
    Looking mighty fine mate, keep it up

Rides
    update

as of yesterday the engine is out of the breaker and is now in the garage waiting to be stripped down and brackets blasted powder coated, bolts zinc plated, painted rocker cover and will also be fitting a h-dev manifold, braided line and baffled sump

i sent the front and rear uprights to blaster and powder coaters the other week, went to go pick the and the first thing he said when he saw me was "SHIT i done them in black not white" will be picking them up on tuesday in white

some may be aware that a neighbour of mine was breaking a 300zx TT, he had bought it for the engine for his other 300zx track car, basically he asked if some of parts are any good to me and i was like i walk away with AFM with as much wire i could get, whole rear braking set up and BMC and servo

another trip to DB-power saw me come home with braided front and s14-z32 rear braided brake lines to match the abs removal kit

i have also replaced the the boot interior with the interior out of the breaker as it was in better conditon and had all the clips for it, also replaced the passanger seat, drivers and passangers door cards as they were also in better condition

Rides
    i love restoration work! cant wait to see more of this!
    keep up the good work and keep us posted!
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    Loving this, gives me some good ideas for my thing when I swap the front end! Keep up the gd work

Rides
    cheers guys

update time, i'll try and get this in order

few weeks ago got the front and rear upright back from powder coaters, cracked straight on and fitted the front hub/bearing unit and bushes in the rear upright

i also cleaned up z32 BMC and gave the z32 servo a fresh coat of satin black, as you can see from the photo below there a noticeable size difference

and fitted just need to do the wiring now

and the missus for an early birthday present paid for all the wiring, so i could build my battery relocation kit, got all the info from s14 tech battery relocation thread and ordered all the bits from www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu apart from the circuit breaker that was from ebay, i'm going to try and mount a battery behind the drivers side quater panel trim

i split down the s13 rear hubs for the anchor bolts, as i sure i read somewhere that the z32 anchor bolt is to long for the s14 rear upright and if you wanted to use the z32 anchor bolts i would need to use spacers and while i had the s13 anchor bolts i may aswell you them, i only manage dto get 1 of the bolts out need to get hold of an impact gun to remove the other when i get the impact gun ill remove the mechanism from the z32 rear hubs for the backplate

and this weekend

i removed the rear subframe from the breaker today, burnt out the bushes and only managed to remove 50% of 1 slevee from the old bushes, it decided to piss down so will have to finish that one day this week

when it started it rain i put the subframe in the garage and started to remove the EGR vavle form the engine

fitted

removed

to blank it off i have a bit of aluminuim plate and have used the EGR gasket as template, all i need to do now is cut it out and fit with some instant gasket

thats all for now
    Last edited by bluedanny; 31-05-2011 at 08:50.

Rides
    coming along well mate, which brand of underseal did you use? Did you find it go rock hard or a soft rubbery finish?

Rides
    Haha, I am telling you NOW you are going to hate white underbits when they get dirty

Good work dude!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_clio2 View Post
    coming along well mate, which brand of underseal did you use? Did you find it go rock hard or a soft rubbery finish?
    i'm using 3M 08861, i believe it the harder stuff

Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Haha, I am telling you NOW you are going to hate white underbits when they get dirty

Good work dude!
    yeah i know i will hate it, i only picked white so it would stand out when you look around the car it just means when i clean it i have to do underneath aswell

so today i got around to painting the front panel and inner arches

masked up

1 coat of etch primer and 3 coats of jet black later