Thread: ally rad set up

Rides

ally rad set up

hi guys
    im going to be fitting a new apex alloy rad with cowel and 2 fans eiyher on switches or a revo tec controller.
    do i
    1. loose the viscus fan
    2.use it in conjunction with electric fans
    any other options greatly appreciated

cheers guys

andrew

Rides
    I cant see how your going to fit the 2 fans in with the viscous. Its a tight squeeze as it is. If the Rad allows you to utilise the originalncowling & viscous then stick to that. Its a pretty good set up as standard. Its only the rad thats wimpy.

Rides
    I've just changed the rad, and stuck with the viscous fan.

These electric fans dont give any actual improved cooling, all they bring is something that can go wrong!

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I've just changed the rad, and stuck with the viscous fan.

These electric fans dont give any actual improved cooling, all they bring is something that can go wrong!
    agreed, i have an apex rad with fans shroud and controller. im now starting to think that it would be better with just the viscous fan on there as they tend to keep the temp more stable

Rides
    Just depends on what electric fans you use and how you wire them up. If you fit a decent quality set of fans and have one running as normal and the other on a switch or set to come in when your temps are getting alittle higher then you should be fine and clear some space/plastic in your engine bay.
    But the stock set-up is good and works well, so it can also be used without probs.

Cheers Aj