Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HKS VS Poncams Vs BC stage 2

Rides
    banning for voicing your opinion, i certainly wouldnt want to take my motor to be mapped and then get it transported home, i would hope my turner would stop long before anything like this happened!

Rides
    yeah but its all hearsay, who knows what really goes on, or if someones car is in a fit condition to be mapped in the first place - some cars are just a meltdown waiting to happen due to being run modified for x amount of time without the correct mapping. and who says you should take the opinion of one tuner and dismiss another.....everyone has an opinion, but when it comes to advertising your business, your work should speak for and advertise itself - its a turn off for me if someone garners interest in thier own work by deprecating the work of others - especially when thier voice cant be heard.

anyway this thread was about camshaft choices and thier benefits wasn't it?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky3510 View Post
    One of my mates has been to both Steve and Jez and not had very good results with either the engine is still miss firing and neither off them picked up on it and said, didn't anything about it.
    Who was that? We always try our best to keep our customers happy and cars running properly. We wouldn't knowingly give a car back to a customer with a problem, unless it was outside our control. As far as I'm aware your friend hasn't been in touch to let me know about the problem, if he had we'd have tried to help sort it out. If he's still having a problem ask him to get in touch so we can sort it out
    Last edited by Jez; 07-06-2010 at 21:19.

Rides
    if i had the money for a headbuild id go poncams

Rides
    Do the mapping yourself, that way if you blow it up... its only you to blame..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Diamondsink - Ive stayed off as I dont have any firsthand experience of cams in the SR, but from what Ive been told and read, poncams are definitely the best for the application you are looking at.

Greg is also the first person Id take my car to, but hes quite a trek.Hope it works out well for you mate
    Cheers dude

Anybody got an good condition Poncams for sale?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideways14a View Post
    Do the mapping yourself, that way if you blow it up... its only you to blame..
    good tuners do not blow up cars..

Rides
    Are you totally incapable of just leaving it alone? FFS, glad Ive stuck up for you all these times now - just keep making me look a dick eh??

Diamondsink - Ive stayed off as I dont have any firsthand experience of cams in the SR, but from what Ive been told and read, poncams are definitely the best for the application you are looking at.

Greg is also the first person Id take my car to, but hes quite a trek.Hope it works out well for you mate
    sorry mate... some people are incapable as seeing that as banter... as in im having a laugh guys!!!

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by martinbattye View Post
    sorry mate... some people are incapable as seeing that as banter... as in im having a laugh guys!!!
    Heres a suggestion - stop the "banter".
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Heres a suggestion - stop the "banter".
    how comes?? no one else receives such an icy reception to it..

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    No-one else has had repeated warnings for trading, moderator abuse, aggressive posting, unauthorised signatures, derogatory language ........ you actually have more usernotes than any of the other 12,000 odd accounts on this board.

You received a PM from Dr Bob the other day mate - read it carefully, do what it says, dont do anything it says not to - you are very much on a last chance. Your technical input is appreciated but the rest of the shit isnt.

Thats final BTW - any more arguments, questions, sly comments or anything else and you are gone for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra
    Thats final - any more arguments, questions, sly comments or anything else and you are gone for good.
    Reminds me of

Rides
    how comes?? no one else receives such an icy reception to it..
    tbh, I don't know you but to the average onlooker (or a mod) you really don't come across well on here and it doesn't seem like banter.

That's constructive criticism by the way so please don't jump down my throat.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesx13 View Post
    tbh, I don't know you but to the average onlooker (or a mod) you really don't come across well on here and it doesn't seem like banter.

That's constructive criticism by the way so please don't jump down my throat.
    im just a bit touchy about it all tbh..

Rides
    i agree with the above, in person people might 'get' you straight away, but on the forum its easy to come across in a bad way just by the way stuff is written and read.

Rides
    im just a bit touchy about it all tbh..
    don't get yourself banned untill i have my car up and running or else....

Rides
    damm you martin my clutch is slipping

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglewy View Post
    damm you martin my clutch is slipping
    that'll teach you!! toooo much torquesss..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanS15 View Post
    i agree with the above, in person people might 'get' you straight away, but on the forum its easy to come across in a bad way just by the way stuff is written and read.
    yeah i kinda guess that.. i struggle with converting from brain via the diplomatic converter then to keyboard.. i usually type precisely what im thinking..