Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HKS VS Poncams Vs BC stage 2

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by eager View Post
    Had steve map my car fully while ago. Had a friend that recently bought rollers and mapping equipment check the map and 90% of the fuel map was completely default... Another fella sold his gtr after steve mapped it and the new owner got it mapped found the same, hardly mapped at all, another fella had his engine develop a hole in a piston during mapping. That was all in one session where 3 of us paid to get him over. Mines sorted now though.
    at least someone can understand that steves work is utter poo. there are many tuners out there with good reps for no reason whatsoever

and personally, for me. dyno tuning is a no no. live only for me. or at least untill i lose my license from 150mph runs up the a1

Rides
    Well, name a few good tuners to use. Bare in mind i have a Horshams board so may need another system fitted. What about Greg Gush @ protuner?

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondsink View Post
    Well, name a few good tuners to use. Bare in mind i have a Horshams board so may need another system fitted. What about Greg Gush @ protuner?
    from what ive heard greg is good. never seen his work though.

like i said, read my signature. kinda gives it away. oh and ditch that jizz chip, they suck

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kpkyliepage View Post
    from what ive heard greg is good. never seen his work though.

like i said, read my signature. kinda gives it away. oh and ditch that jizz chip, they suck
    As far as generic chips go they're good, it's obviously always better to get a custom map but then you pay a shed load more for that.

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesx13 View Post
    As far as generic chips go they're good, it's obviously always better to get a custom map but then you pay a shed load more for that.
    shows how very little you know. they really are not good at all. if you ever actually look at what is on them, they suck. 80% of the map is stock usually

Rides
    And when you compare them to other generic chips? What's the better option out there for people wanting to pay not much for a generic 'stage' chip for an S body?

Anyway, sorry to go of topic

Rides
    whats will you be using the car for drift/race/road?

the spec of the cam you want will depend on the use, for example you wouldn't want a long duration and high lift on a road car. I had 335 on my teg and it idled like a bitch.

what lift is there with the 256 you're after?

the greddy easy cams are ok with standard springs but for any other for piece of mind i would change springs and retainers

i would also highly recommend greg

Rides
    Another cock waving thread about which tuner has the biggest dong

What about the discussion regarding the 256's v's the BC264s folks?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideways14a View Post
    Another cock waving thread about which tuner has the biggest dong

What about the discussion regarding the 256's v's the BC264s folks?
    My sentiments exactly

Just sorry I don't have anything constructive to add about the cams

Banned
    Rides
    hks 264's for me. they are marvelous. seemingly far superior than 256's with only a small compromise in idle and low end.

Rides
    just a quick one to throw in!

does anyone elce suffer with a load tapping from BC cams??

a mate just baught a 180 with them fitted and he wants em out as he was told the cams are making the noise!!!

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chapman-S13 View Post
    just a quick one to throw in!

does anyone elce suffer with a load tapping from BC cams??

a mate just baught a 180 with them fitted and he wants em out as he was told the cams are making the noise!!!
    ask polo, he has had a couple of engines on hks 264's that were noisy.

Rides
    Just bougth Tomei Poncam 256° IN/EX for my monster, no point getting 265° unless your going to go for a million RPM limit which is pointless on an SR imho.

I should get about 540bhp on 256°

(i have a full 264° HKS stage 2 head kit, just using the rockers and springs now)

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by superclarkey View Post
    Just bougth Tomei Poncam 256° IN/EX for my monster, no point getting 265° unless your going to go for a million RPM limit which is pointless on an SR imho.

(i have a full 264° HKS stage 2 head kit, just using the rockers and springs now)
    even the 256's fall out a little flat at high rpm i think. you should hear the noise me motor makes through det cans from about 5500rpm onwards. its like a switch as the cams come on song. the vct switches off, the cams come on and the motor really starts barking

Rides
    I have a proper SR, Straitcam so will not get these problems, all hail the high port motor

Banned
    Rides
    tis not a problem. the vct had to be turned off earlier than standard to get the full potential of the cams. it switches off at 5300rpm now so the cams can do the bizo as early as poss

Rides
    hmmm cams!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by superclarkey View Post

This is my reason for going for 256s, i dont what to push the power to far up the rev range just make the most out of a 2871r.

As for tuner i'm going to give Greg a call and have a chat, plus hes not to far for me to travel.

Rides
    Crower 264 with crower springs standard retainers and trust rocker arm stopper kitm no complaints at all, running forged sr with 3071 tubby. Had valve shims set when installed cams

Rides
    made 400bhp without any issues on stock cams, so another 100hp on 256 is fine, 264 are too much.

If Tomei released them the d1 cams are 256 with 12.5mm lift