Thread: powerfc commander pro software and wideband.

Rides

powerfc commander pro software and wideband.

Alright sxoc'ers i have a quick question for all the mapping guru's on here.
    In the process of getting my car mapped at the moment and am using a power fc to do so with the fc commander pro software. Now my question is, is there any way to link a lm1 wideband to this software. I know that the fc-dataloggit has the dongal box that has connections so a wideband can be used in conjuction with the dataloggit software
    But this software doesn't seem to have anything like this or is it a matter of wiring the lm1 straight into the ecu and running it that way from an rpm signal etc,

any advice on this would be much appreciated or if someone could give me some details on exactly what to do

Cheers

poggy
    Last edited by poggy; 30-05-2010 at 18:49.

Rides
    bump anyone any idea's on this?

Rides
    dont think anyone in the world has the genuine apexi software..!!

Banned
    Rides
    thought you might comment on this martin

Rides
    This is the software that we're using but it doesn't seem to support the wideband the same way the datalogit does anyone have any idea's the way a wideband could be linked to work with this software?

http://cgi.ebay.com/APEX-FC-Commande...item5887b6e54e

i found this thread on the rx7 site. can some confirm for me that he is running the wideband off the narrowbands signal to work with the commander pro software? if you read the thread it says he uses fc commander pro software but then uses fc pro(the proper version he says) is the fc pro the proper apexi version your on about martin? have a look and see what ye think?

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?p=8655279
    Last edited by poggy; 30-05-2010 at 19:05.

Rides
    tbh ive only used dataloggit.. and have never had a problem with it or its ability in 7years of tuning with it. its cheaper than the genuine software and just a capable..
    the dataloggit can do wideband/egt or whatever you fancy since it has the extra inputs on the box..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by martinbattye View Post
    tbh ive only used dataloggit.. and have never had a problem with it or its ability in 7years of tuning with it. its cheaper than the genuine software and just a capable..
    the dataloggit can do wideband/egt or whatever you fancy since it has the extra inputs on the box..
    ye i know the datalogit seems a better setup it's just the guy who's mapping my car for me has the fc pro software and it's working fine just i think we're goin to end up hard wiring the wideband to the ecu so it can be used with this software it's just going to be a bit of a head **** lol refer back to windows and stuff.

did you see the link to the thread on the rx7 site martin?

Rides
    seemingly the ecu is programmed to read a dither signal from the OS. i.e switching from lean to rich to indicate mixture..
    i dont think youll be able to obtain a good enough variation of signal to acheive accurate fuelling logging..

tbh you dont need to log fuelling to the ecu.. its just a nice feature to save a log of the run with AF measurement for future call back..

Rides
    ye i know what you mean martin it would be handy if it could be link to it just to make the process a bit quicker less awkward.

so what your saying is to just hardwire the wideband to the ecu and use it for refrence and adjust the fc software as desired then.

off hand do you know the pin out for an rpm signal on a s14 zenki?

Rides
    it makes the mapping no faster or slower if you have the fuelling in the software..

zenki?? is that short or long ecu plug..

Rides
    i think it's the long plug dude i'll try get a pic for reference tho to make sure( three sections on the plug i think is that the long one?)

Rides
    as highlighted

Rides
    cheers for that buddy:thumb: