Thread: Suspeonsion question

Rides

Suspeonsion question

Some recommendations for suspension parts - already settled on godspeed anti-roll bars ,

however want to beef up the rest: everything i see is adjustable and I dont really need adjustment - the car is not a track or drift machine, its just for cruising 90% and 10% spirited road stuff.
    Got myself nice coilovers on the group buy with comfy springs, I had a polybush kit in mind - but I see tie bars and stuff - and really I am a bit lost ...

Rides
    You have coilovers? If you go anything lower than approx. 30mm you will need camber arms at the very least at the back of the car.

Rides
    10mm drop - really looking for stuff that keeps things tight and responsive: noticed when pushing on with standard suspension that its a little vague and rolley ... Know the coilover will help put an end to the bouncy boat like attempts in fast sweepers, and anti-roll bars will put the side to side stuff more under contol - but what about the not sure what the front or back are really up to feelings ?

Previously I set my car up for the track but i dont want the back ache of that again !

Rides
    I thought it was illegal not to slam your car if you had coilovers

If its only a 10mm drop then you dont need any replacement arms, just rebush the standard arms along with the hubs, subframe etc

Energy suspension to a complete (which isnt complete) rebush kit called the masterflex kit, ontop of that you will need to buy subframe bushes and steering rack bushes, apex are worth a look for bush kits too.

If you dont want to go about replacing everything then traction arm bushes and subframe bushes seem to make the biggest difference.

Rebushed, sensible coilovered, and antiroll bar'd car should give you really sweet usable handling, I dont think i could live with stockish ride height though.

Rides
    locking collars or pineapple rings with help hold the subframe in place on the rear end and tighten things up too.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rosh17t View Post
    locking collars or pineapple rings with help hold the subframe in place on the rear end and tighten things up too.
    ^ this. best bang for your buck chassis mod imo. proper subframe polybushes ftw but they're a lot lot more effort. pineapple rings can be fitted in about 20mins and will give you instant and noticeable tightness without any of the extra nvh that locking collars introduce.

if you wanna tighten things up further then replace rear toe/camber/traction and front tc arms with rosejointed adjustable ones. bushed arms are better for longevity but rosejointed arms will need checking and cleaning fairly often, having said that the arms apex sell have excellent rosejoints with rubber boots which will probably last you longer than the car will. you'll also want to add braces front and rear, upper and lower. next stage would be a full weld-in cage.

but above all this the thing that'll make your car feel the most responsive is a decent geometry setup by someone who knows what they're doing. if you can't find anyone closer then wheels in motion in chesham are excellent.

Rides
    Thanks for the advice: I will start a piggy bank fund for the stuff.

Not going cage route: but what do you guys reckon to the chassis braces that go inside the car?

I dont mind a little travel for a good job, driving a car with messed up geometry is not my idea of a good time!