Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: would you use your 200 to drive to a job interview??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyGee View Post
    Ive taken mine to interviews before and gotten the job, But mine doesnt have the sticker (which I think TBH makes you look a chav to just about anyone, not just people not into cars), the missmatched wheels or the exhaust.

You could always just stick stock wheels and stock exhaust on and take out the sticker ?

In fact just borrow someone elses car and still get rid of the sticker, its gash

I agree. It's the sticker which makes your car give out all the wrong signals .

I think it's pretty unanimous here that you shouldn't use this car for your interview if you really want the job . If i really wanted a job I'd do absolutely everything to give the right impression right down to the finest detail and wouldn't give it more than a seconds thought on whether I take a car like yours .

Good luck by the way with the interview and I'm sure we'd all love to hear that you got the job!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Id personally always recommend doing everything you can not to damagae your chances of getting the job. If your interviewers next door neighbour has a chavved up Saxo with a windscreen sticker and wheelspins past their house every night you may be doiing just that.
    exactly doc... you just dont know... it could be one of my neighbours interviewing me kind of thing

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Yup, I'd park near and walk

EDIT: Near as in 'out of sight and sound'
    yeap. i parked out side the industry estate and walked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo_black View Post
    I wouldn't dream of taking my sx to an interview or to a client. You need to sell yourself in everyway; how you look, how you talk, how you act and up to a point - how you arrive!

After the interview do what you want but I'm a massive car geek and if I was hiring id be put off if a potential employee turned up in my car, it gives a 'i don't care' impression of you that would put you on the back foot.

Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    All Im saying is that you dont want to give them any reasons not to employ you. Sometimes if youve got two very good candidates it can come down to the smallest things
    you just dont know... i didnt want to risk it with being out of work

Quote Originally Posted by MattyGee View Post
    Ive taken mine to interviews before and gotten the job, But mine doesnt have the sticker (which I think TBH makes you look a chav to just about anyone, not just people not into cars), the missmatched wheels or the exhaust.

You could always just stick stock wheels and stock exhaust on and take out the sticker ?

In fact just borrow someone elses car and still get rid of the sticker, its gash
    the sticker is staying

i get people read it.... and EVERY single person has agreed with it and smiled

the UK roads are shite

Quote Originally Posted by pb63 View Post
    I agree. It's the sticker which makes your car give out all the wrong signals .

I think it's pretty unanimous here that you shouldn't use this car for your interview if you really want the job . If i really wanted a job I'd do absolutely everything to give the right impression right down to the finest detail and wouldn't give it more than a seconds thought on whether I take a car like yours .

Good luck by the way with the interview and I'm sure we'd all love to hear that you got the job!
    i think its the odd wheels which look worse then the sticker.

sticker shows sense of humour in my eye.

-------------------------

anyway. i parked around the corner.

when asked in the interview how would i get to the work... i explained i had my own car, explained my car, where i parked and how i didn't want to make a bad impression.

could you imagine the looks i would of got at an engineering company parking up with a welded diff lol

he was impressed with me doing that and felt it showed respect and liked the fact that i was an honest person

well interview went well... just didn't have the CAD experience required

but seems that "if i got the job" the pay would reflect the lack of cad knowledge.

fingers crossed for me guys

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by clive View Post
    when asked in the interview how would i get to the work... i explained i had my own car, explained my car, where i parked and how i didn't want to make a bad impression.

he was impressed with me doing that and felt it showed respect and liked the fact that i was an honest person
    Well done that's a win win situation you've put yourself into there and you've turned a potential negative into a definite positive by telling the truth. Showing respect like that says a lot to a potential employer. Good luck

Rides
    Fingers crossed

And I think you played it well - the more 'distinctive' you make your car, the more you need to consider the impression it may give to those who don't know you.

Rides
    mate its not your car i would worry about.......... haha

Rides
    I turned up to the interview for my Car sales job in my 200SX.

They all met me out by my car and looked around it for 20 mins before I started teh interview, then I got teh job

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by leon_portsmouth View Post
    mate its not your car i would worry about.......... haha
    cheeky shite

Rides
    Awesome, good luck dude!

Rides
    i think you should loose that sticker too!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbitt View Post
    i think you should loose that sticker too!

Rides
    its just a big ebay style job.. your motor is tougher than that!

Rides
    I bounced (literally) up to my last interview for a Civil Engineering job in a slammed civic coupe with a really loud exhaust etc. Parked in the visitors/directors carpark with all the company mercs and all the interviewers were all standing in the reception area with a glass facade watching me scraping over the ramps in the carpark. When I got out of the car I was wearing a suit and had dreadlocks that went most of the way down my back. I told them I was was cutting my dreads (I was bored of them) and they said that showed determination to get the job .

They chatted away about the honda for a while and I ended up getting the job and my head shaved and a decent enough wage to afford a 200. I wouldnt even employ me, I am a bloody muppet.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by davecoupe View Post
    I wouldnt even employ me, I am a bloody muppet.
    Made me chortle.

Rides
    PMSL

Love your honesty Dave

I would have no problems going to an interview in my car BUT it does not have any boy ricer style stickers on it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.

Rides
    Good luck with it Clive - Keep us updated on what happens

Rides
    lol.. dave .. i think that sometimes to.. we need a self worth guru!

Rides
    I went to my interview at Volkswagon in my s14a and also had the pleasure of everyone standing round my car for half an hour and then watching me flame spit my way down the road after being given the job.

Me true and honest about yourself and explain you have a passion for cars etc and you will be fine.

Cheers Aj

Rides
    thats what i was tryin to say earlier ej.. i think alot of the folk on this thread have a lack of faith in the human race,, i harbour some hope!

Rides
    Dear Clive

Further to your interview last Friday, we are pleased to offer you a Short Term
    contract for the position of Engineering Assistant, with a pro rata salary of ...(33% less then advert stated )
    but still its a job

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Nice one matey! Well done

Last two interviews I had I took the 200 but its had a stock exhaust and no battle wounds at the time. Didn't get the jobs but it was my stupid mouth that did the first one and the fact that I had more experience than the team leader interviewing me that did the second , not the car I would take another car to an interview now.