Thread: My front pipe fell off!

Rides

My front pipe fell off!

Well as I was driving along pulling close to work, my Apex flexi s14a front pipe cracked and fell off! It was blowing a bit, and started to resonate the suddenly snapped at the flexi joint and came off! and was supposed to go to the garage! Luckily was close to work (between where I live and the garage), so pulled in (with a bit of scrapeage) and left the car to the side. Could have been on the M3/A33!

I guess there are advantages of having a flexi front pipe, takes the strain off everything else a bit and something else could have potentially cracked otherwise?!

Anyway the AA man came and picked it up, half an hour ago, he is taking it to Namelezz's garage in Basingstoke to be looked at. He said due to my membership level, he should have taken it to the nearest garage, i.e. one in Winchester, but this time he would take it to said garage which is great because it's good to have the car in the hands of a trusted friend / mechanic

I bought the whole exhaust from a group buy from Apex less than a couple of years ago, does anyone know what their warranty /replacement policy is?

Cheers

Rides
    Best to ask them I'd say dude

Rides
    Just spoke to the lovely Louise at Apex The warranty appears to be one year or 10,000 miles, whichever comes first, which is fair. I think I'm outside the warranty, will have to double check, but she asked me to take some pictures of the damage and send it across to her, she will then check with Bren and get back to me if they may be able to sort something. Spot on Apex

Rides
    must be a recovery thing in Winchester area.

i broke down on the Winchester Slip road onto the M3 while at uni...got picked up by rac...drove me all the way to essex...and was a sound mate afterwards ( took meout in his porsche!)

Rides
    one year warranty, not bad for a bit of ebay pipe

Rides
    Well here is some pics of the damage, for a stainless steel pipe this is not good!!

This is the s14a flexi model sold by Apex.

Rides
    Anyone experienced anything similar before?

Rides
    The flexi joint shouldn't be supporting the weight of the exhaust as it seems to have been there. You got all the rubber mounts on the exhaust still?

Rides
    Yeah I have all the rubber mounts on

Rides
    If you need another one give me a pm. I've just taken one off mine that's only a couple of months old.