Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Future buyer

Rides
    How sthe corsa on fuel, and how much did you say u wanted for it, without the wheels, u could prob sell them for more I would assume to anpother corsa owner?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by robdriftit View Post
    Let the man spend his money on insurance if he wants. I paid almost 3200 on my S13 @ 18

I dont regret it, would only have wasted the money anyway!

And welcome btw
    Nice car for an 18 y/o tho. thnx

Quote Originally Posted by gonzomagic View Post
    How sthe corsa on fuel, and how much did you say u wanted for it, without the wheels, u could prob sell them for more I would assume to anpother corsa owner?
    Well i got the alloys off ebay at a steal. £112 for all 4. tyres wer practically slick+too high profile so changed them for 195/45/16 toyo proxes t1r's. good tyres in the wet+dry.

I lost an alloy due to a pot hole destroying the insied beading but the tyre was fine until a bulge appeared last month. New alloy cost me £122 new from VX but council payed for that one.

I dont have the original rims anymore sold them but these are going silver so with basically everthing you see probally want £3800 and it's possible to get high 50-60 mpg. Very eco engine. same engine as used in combo vans.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JackM View Post
    Nice car for an 18 y/o tho. thnx

Well i got the alloys off ebay at a steal. £112 for all 4. tyres wer practically slick+too high profile so changed them for 195/45/16 toyo proxes t1r's. good tyres in the wet+dry.

I lost an alloy due to a pot hole destroying the insied beading but the tyre was fine until a bulge appeared last month. New alloy cost me £122 new from VX but council payed for that one.

I dont have the original rims anymore sold them but these are going silver so with basically everthing you see probally want £3800 and it's possible to get high 50-60 mpg. Very eco engine. same engine as used in combo vans.
    Blimey, are they worth that much, stick to the Yaris D4D, in which case.

Edit: Where did you get your price from mate? Just did a check online and seems to be a lot about around the 2k mark, 2.5k in the 2005 reg range.

And I know Parkers isnt gospel but as a guide:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-p...26100&plate=75

They got a good nick one for 2.2k.

Just in case you are unawares of the market, but GLWTS if that’s what you want for it.

Rides
    Well changing it to my model it came up with 3100 on 60,000 without the extras on a private trade. Mine has a fair few extras added on top + the SXI is the top spec for that engine and is also very rare+ the paint colour is highly sought after.

Rides
    Handbags! Tbh, I see excactly where Simon is coming from. Its madness in our eyes buying a 200 with hardly any no claims and at a young age. However, Its your life n your hard earnt cash. I was in the same boat as you and really wanted one but decided to wait until I'm 21..... Im 20 now (21 in two months) and have been rebuilding an sx for the last few months and waiting till 21 with 3 years ncb before insuring it!

I thought 1300 on my ep82 was expensive!!

Rides
    Well changing it to my model it came up with 3100 on 60,000 without the extras on a private trade. Mine has a fair few extras added on top + the SXI is the top spec for that engine and is also very rare+ the paint colour is highly sought after.

What model is yours? Yours on 60k? What colour is it (looks black)? What extras you got?

Just clueing myself up, seen a few below the 2k mark, be it on the high mile side, which i may consider.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzomagic View Post
    What model is yours? Yours on 60k? What colour is it (looks black)? What extras you got?

Just clueing myself up, seen a few below the 2k mark, be it on the high mile side, which i may consider.
    Its Ultra blue which was a £1200 extra from vx new. SXI done 50,000. fsh and LOADS of receipts etc. It has AC as well. Are you looking for a C??? if so i can give you a fair few pointers.

Rides
    Its Ultra blue which was a £1200 extra from vx new. SXI done 50,000. fsh and LOADS of receipts etc. It has AC as well. Are you looking for a C??? if so i can give you a fair few pointers.
    Just looking for a diesel, that is less then 1.5. where i could acheive 50mpg+, even 60 would be a dream.

Rides
    Welcome and good luck !

Some members can be a little unenthusiastic about younger drivers getting behind the wheel of an SX, it's worth going into it with your eyes open and the benefit of others' experience - but ultimately it's your decision and we're all here because we love these cars. It's not as if you can buy or run anything faster for any less money, anyway.

Rides
    Well the only C diesel they made was the 1.3cdti and 1.7cdti. They did make a 1.7dti but ignore them as you can get bette mpg from the 1.2 petrols etc.
    The 1.3cdti is a good engine. You can get a lower end model like a elegance/design for good money and they engines will normally run for 100,000 miles with ease. mine unfortunately is having an injector replaced as it sprung a leak. lol. Engines are built well tho.

Rides
    dont listen to all the grumps on here mate, if you can afford a 200 then why shouldnt u have one i say, i bought mine when i was 21, i did have 3-4 years no claims but its irrelevant if you can pay for it.

be prepared when u buy it to get a lecture on spinning it in the wet, and how u must have great tyres etc etc and general patronising, good luck with the purchase

oh and u should be proud, only girls seem to more than 1 page welcome posts so they must like u really

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddS14A View Post
    i assure you it wouldnt, how much does your corsa weigh?
    howd u know that todd?? power to weight ratios about the same then, stock for stock, if the 200 is so great why are u sellin all ur stuff off?

Rides
    hmm C20LET's are good engines I know that much - there's 3 guys round these neck of the woods with em, 1 in an old astra gsi mk3, one in a newer astra (the niceish late 90's ones) and one in a corsa. All three are pushing over 300bhp and haven't had all that much done. All three would muller a stock s14 also, weight benefit or not.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sxbaz View Post
    dont listen to all the grumps on here mate, if you can afford a 200 then why shouldnt u have one i say, i bought mine when i was 21, i did have 3-4 years no claims but its irrelevant if you can pay for it.

be prepared when u buy it to get a lecture on spinning it in the wet, and how u must have great tyres etc etc and general patronising, good luck with the purchase

oh and u should be proud, only girls seem to more than 1 page welcome posts so they must like u really
    I have spun my car in the wet already . Was at Dunsfold were they film Top Gear. was interesting. Standing water. 4 wheel aquaplainning and crap tyres meant spin! spun rnd 3 times and ended up on the wrong side of the taxi way facing across the road. did look good tho apparently. lol. Well i learnt from that and only buy good tyres. ATM toyo proxes t1r's have been the best i have bought and at 70 a tyre fitted its a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by s13silvia View Post
    hmm C20LET's are good engines I know that much - there's 3 guys round these neck of the woods with em, 1 in an old astra gsi mk3, one in a newer astra (the niceish late 90's ones) and one in a corsa. All three are pushing over 300bhp and haven't had all that much done. All three would muller a stock s14 also, weight benefit or not.
    Yeh C20LET engines last long BUT id rather go for a more modern engine. Z20LET from the astra GSI/SRI and the Z20LEH from the astra VXR are more my thing.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sxbaz View Post
    howd u know that todd?? power to weight ratios about the same then, stock for stock, if the 200 is so great why are u sellin all ur stuff off?
    Im keeping it now

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddS14A View Post
    Im keeping it now
    good lad!!

Rides
    Been a while lol.
    Well i got a polo 6n2 GTI instead of the sx.
    Well i have got a new well paying job and so il be saving up to get a project car, which will be a s14a.
    Im getting a daily driver, a ibiza 1.9tdi fr and then will have the sx off the road. have a double garage and will spend my spare time doing it up.
    As an aircraft engineer, got some hand skills

Rides
    Just seen this thread and started at the beginning.

I was thinking 1.3D Corsa to S14a is a big step

Pressing the go pedal would go from 'oh dear' to 'oh shit' very quickly

A Polo GTi is a sensible middle step methinks, for insurance purposes as much as anything else. No claims bonus is worth many thousands in the long run.

Rides
    aaaaand spot who started on page1 and didn't notice pages 2,3 and most of 4.

The insurance issue has already been done

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    aaaaand spot who started on page1 and didn't notice pages 2,3 and most of 4.

The insurance issue has already been done
    haha yes mate, gti surprises me still sometimes, vvt kicks in at 4k. does feel like a kick up the bum hahah
    Yeh after the new year, will have 2 yncb and be 20 so iv looked at its only £1600. I may have a look for a limited mileage insurance as i doubt il drive it more than 2000 in the first year.

Need a good idea about what to look out for tbh. Iv found some nice ones on pistonheads. Found some with a few bits done for around 3-4. one was frm here iirc
    Last edited by JackM; 13-10-2010 at 23:22.