Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Future buyer

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JackM View Post
    Dang, well you never know. One guy on our course is 52 iirc so its never too late, once things settle out maybe??
    I'd like to think so.

I can't work in a latex factory forever

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by marko14a View Post
    I'd like to think so.

I can't work in a latex factory forever
    First person i know that works in a latex factory.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Don't I know it lol
    before i joined here, when i first bought mine all i wanted was a nice exhaust, induction, dv, and wheels. Now ive just had to put my foot down to stop myself spending £5k+ making it 400hp track car lol.

CC|UK was bad for my wallet anyways and having no GF means i got some cash spare
    Trust me mate, i had a Punto GT before this and i used to think the punto forum costed me loads, but now owning a 200 for over a year, the punto was tuppence lol.

Unlike with your corsa, your attention will go towards tuning rather than exterior imo, and this forum is a wealth of what can be done for x amount, and you always end up wanting more lol.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking, have you had insurance quotes as they aint very cheap for young drivers without sounding patronising
    Last edited by ToddS14A; 28-04-2010 at 21:02.

Rides
    First person i know that works in a latex factory.

I'd hazard a guess that out of 20 odd thousand folk who have registered on here, I'm the only one to work in a latex factory!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddS14A View Post
    before i joined here, when i first bought mine all i wanted was a nice exhaust, induction, dv, and wheels. Now ive just had to put my foot down to stop myself spending £5k+ making it 400hp track car lol.

Trust me mate, i had a Punto GT before this and i used to think the punto forum costed me loads, but now owning a 200 for over a year, the punto was tuppence lol.

Unlike with your corsa, your attention will go towards tuning rather than exterior imo, and this forum is a wealth of what can be done for x amount, and you always end up wanting more lol.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking, have you had insurance quotes as they aint very cheap for young drivers without sounding patronising
    I will happily be getting bent over for the price of £2000 a year.
    But its worth it imo.
    Im only 19. year ncb had licence since jan 09. But my job that im starting in july is cheaper than sales assitant / college student so will drop a bit.

Rides
    The sx is a money pit mainly due to a couple of things, running costs and mod costs.
    Running costs are high, fuel is gulped down and if your running a modded car then its super at least as a definite requirement, then insurance (yours will prob be massive),tyres (not cheep shit or you will bend it in the wet) and general maintenance which while not usually massive will run to a lot if you loose a turbo or something.
    Then you start modding, then you can really spending cash. 300hp is cheep enough at around 1200-1400 quid or so but you wont stop there. Plus suspension and brakes need poking and thats 4 figures as well to do it right.

Its expensive and many before you have been bitten.

Just spotted your age, forget about a 200sx mate. Really..

Rides
    I will happily be getting bent over for the price of £2000 a year.
    Your mad lol

Rides

I'd hazard a guess that out of 20 odd thousand folk who have registered on here, I'm the only one to work in a latex factory!
    haha. unique tht is. wel i just had a look at your car and its nice i have to say. Not seen many f/s in silver. Nice subtle mods as well.

Im selling mine and hopefully wil get £3500 for mine as its top spec for that engine size etc.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideways14a View Post
    forget about a 200sx mate. Really..
    harsh!

Rides
    The sx is a money pit mainly due to a couple of things, running costs and mod costs.
    Running costs are high, fuel is gulped down and if your running a modded car then its super at least as a definite requirement, then insurance (yours will prob be massive),tyres (not cheep shit or you will bend it in the wet) and general maintenance which while not usually massive will run to a lot if you loose a turbo or something.
    Then you start modding, then you can really spending cash. 300hp is cheep enough at around 1200-1400 quid or so but you wont stop there. Plus suspension and brakes need poking and thats 4 figures as well to do it right.

WELL im not exactly on a low wage tbh. I have the money to run one.

Your mad lol
    I am completely mental tbh

Rides

lol ignore him, he's always when young noobies come along.

If your prepared to pay 2k for insurance then more for you in my opinion, but it may make you value it alot more having premiums that high

Good luck

Rides
    harsh!
    Im used to this tbh. I just take it as someone doesnt want me to get a decent car.

Rides
    Might be harsh but its the smartest course of action.
    19yr old with a turbo charged rear wheel drive car and very little ncb... that = mega insurance cost... mega.. think what 3500+ ???

I dont care what anyone say, spending nigh on 300quid a month just for insurance is complete and utter ridicules, for a stupid rusty jap car.
    You will be paying half that for petrol on top unless you dont plan on going anywhere.
    Then tyres at 60 quid a corner.

Rides
    19yr old with a turbo charged rear wheel drive car and very little ncb... that = mega insurance cost... mega.. think what 3500+ ???

I dont care what anyone say, spending nigh on 300quid a month just for insurance is complete and utter ridicules, for a stupid rusty jap car.
    You will be paying half that for petrol on top unless you dont plan on going anywhere.
    2k. He already said.

Rides
    lol ignore him, he's always when young noobies come along.

If your prepared to pay 2k for insurance then more for you in my opinion, but it may make you value it alot more having premiums that high

Good luck
    haha thought as much

Tbh i payed out my arse for the C at first so this is gd for what the car is.
    I value my cars VERY highly and i will defo not b crashing anytime soon.

Rides
    he's already said he's been quoted 2k

Rides

HAHA love it. My tyres wer £75 a corner so thts cheap.

Also already stated how much its going to be so :P

No point trying to scare me off. Not gunna happen. Also wy are you here if you think its a stupid rusty jap car????

Rides
    What 3rd party FF, or one someone else name.

Doesnt matter, 2k even on a fully legit policy is still stupid money for a car like the sx.

This may not be what you youngsters want to hear, it never is but believe me you dont want to go chucking money away at shit cars at that age. Been there done that.
    Plus how many times have folk came on here, bought an sx and sold it on shortly afterwards because of rather alarming bills.
    They aint cheep.

As for stupid rusty car, you seen underneith an s14 ???? lol. Its a 3-4 thousand pound circa 12-15yr old car. Its not worth a mint dude, we like them (i like them) because they appeal to us drivers, but make no mistake they aint some epic fairytale car..

Rides
    What 3rd party FF, or one someone else name.

Doesnt matter, 2k even on a fully legit policy is still stupid money for a car like the sx.

This may not be what you youngsters want to hear, it never is but believe me you dont want to go chucking money away at shit cars at that age. Been there done that.
    Plus how many times have folk came on here, bought an sx and sold it on shortly afterwards because of rather alarming bills.
    They aint cheep.
    meh,
    that is all i can say.
    And fully comp fully legit policy yes. What do you take em for??? some joyriding chav who is gunna get a 2lt trubo car as soon as i can???
    If i was i would have put a Z20LET lump in my corsa and had 200bhp then. Would be quicker than a SX then.

Rides

They aint cheep.

As for stupid rusty car, you seen underneith an s14 ???? lol. Its a 3-4 thousand pound circa 12-15yr old car. Its not worth a mint dude, we like them (i like them) because they appeal to us drivers, but make no mistake they aint some epic fairytale car..
    Now the man is speaking the truth