Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dattosan machi aka project NIPPER

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmini View Post
    Theres a guy on retrorides that does them for 50 each for 15's his username is JamesP.

on the subject of banded steels. i will be getting the standard 12's done, but doin.g it myself at work

ive met james and his dad and seen his wheels
    we are send 4 off to him soon

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by big-al View Post
    ive met james and his dad and seen his wheels
    we are send 4 off to him soon
    Hold your horses Al, me an the new apprentice at work have a set of wheels each that we want to send. just sorting it all out with james at the mo

Rides
    Iam getting excited about the mot tomorrow, i hope it all goes ok and doesnt burst my bubble lol

I have managed too pick up some bargains and parts that were too good to pass on.

I have a 4 branch exhaust manifold to adapt
    Rc40 mini exhaust to adapt
    Cobra monaco buckets
    Some red 3 point harness
    Momo steering wheel and gear knob
    Redtop fuel pump
    Fuel regulator
    Gsxr 750 carbs
    Spax coilover kit for mini
    Monster tacho
    Mini rollcage to adapt
    Cg13de engine
    Cg13 engine conversion kit including 3.25kg cg10de flywheel
    12 gallon ally tank (would prefer a 4 gallon tank though)

I know i promised myself that i wouldnt do an engine conversion but its too good to miss. 100hp in 700kgs is gonna be cool fun as long as i can make it handle lol

Mot is tomorrow

Rides
    Just got back from the mot. It needs one tiny patch of welding on the sill and gotta couple advisorys. But apart from that its all good

Will be back in for next saturday and then itll be on the road.

Rides
    class mate. you might want to get yorself some small drills. something like 1 up to 2.5mm. you will need do drill out the jets on the carbs or it will be lean as piss

Rides
    cool cool, i will be beating down your door when its running like crap lol

Rides
    couple more pics

Rides
    Dude K10 micras are awesome! I wish i still had mine! may have to get another one soon as i dunno if i can afford my sil80 anymore may have to sell it! think if i do get another k1o it has to be a 1.4 and 5 speed box lol!

Also would try and adapt it to have power steering, they handle like crap so coilies would have to be on or shocks with lowering sperings at the least lol!

well this is her before i sold her! had well low mileage

couldnt find any decent wheels at the time so i painted the hub caps black lol - racing!

I also bought some manifold gaskets as i was gonna get a manifold made up to take a turbo lol but that never happened lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturge View Post
    Dude K10 micras are awesome! I wish i still had mine! may have to get another one soon as i dunno if i can afford my sil80 anymore may have to sell it! think if i do get another k1o it has to be a 1.4 and 5 speed box lol!

Also would try and adapt it to have power steering, they handle like crap so coilies would have to be on or shocks with lowering sperings at the least lol!

well this is her before i sold her! had well low mileage

couldnt find any decent wheels at the time so i painted the hub caps black lol - racing!

I also bought some manifold gaskets as i was gonna get a manifold made up to take a turbo lol but that never happened lol
    Mint, i like

I have some mini coilies for the rear and i will try and adapt the front mini coilies to fit although i heard that corsa ones go on with little modification. tbh though iam not really worried about the handling aslong as its more fun than the corsa. i had a mk2 fiesta with 2.0 zetec and that was running 1.1 shocks and cut springs, was a blast lol.

The main thing with this car is too make it as light as possible within reason. i intend to remove everything tha i dont need and make up some polycarbonate windows ect. basically have some fun without spending too much cash.

Rides
    Yesterday i took delivery of a nice box of bits from mr superls.

Basically everything i need for the cg conversion apart from the engine and bike carbs.

Pics.

Bolts

Hoses

Flywheel

Engine mounts

Ma10 dizzy modded for cg

Thankyou please

Rides
    You have a serious project addiction. You need help. Stop fiddling with cars

My ex-bird had one of these, bulletproof little car!

Rides
    whats cg mean?

Rides
    CG13DE engine - the one out of the K11. he's mental, he's swapping the engine on his runaround
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by m.d. View Post
    class mate. you might want to get yorself some small drills. something like 1 up to 2.5mm. you will need do drill out the jets on the carbs or it will be lean as piss
    If I'm correct - a CG13DE is a 1.3? if so then carbs for a 750 shouldn't run lean...
    In the dub world they've been putting carbs on the 1.3 3f GT engine for years, generally from a CBR600, they run ok straight out of the box and spot on with a little set up. I can't see that carbs from a 750 needing bigger jets...

I could be wrong ofcourse...

Rides
    Thanks for that info stuffing

Pmsl yes iam a project addict lol. Although i had a mad 5 mins and advertised loads of fiesta bits and most have sold, so thats 2 projects less too worry about. The missus just bought a mint uk mx5, so i can rob the eunos of upgrades and then thats another project gone. The corsas are gone. The mini iam stripping so i can build an uber elf. But the elf will be a back burner job for a few years.

So thatll leave me with 2 x s13, 1 x elf and this little micra.

The engine conversion has come about because i was enquiring about a few 998cc hot up bits for the original engine. The guy i was chatting too has blown his cg13de in his k10 so has bought a k11 replacement project. I decided to buy his engine conversion bits for a rediculous low price. Iam hoping i will end up with a half cool car that i can sell on when ripper is done (i will get back on that soon).

I realised that i got really pissed off because i don't have a project that i can tinker and upgrade with scrapyard parts, thats my real passion i think. I really enjoy driving and iam hoping that thisll get me back out and about instead of worrying about the fuel bill. I have done a fair bit of driving in my missus mx5 this week, maybe thats telling me i need a 5 lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffing View Post
    If I'm correct - a CG13DE is a 1.3? if so then carbs for a 750 shouldn't run lean...
    In the dub world they've been putting carbs on the 1.3 3f GT engine for years, generally from a CBR600, they run ok straight out of the box and spot on with a little set up. I can't see that carbs from a 750 needing bigger jets...

I could be wrong ofcourse...
    I agree, doubt the jets wouldn't need to be fettled much at all. The car engine may be nearly twice the capacity of the bike engine, but the bike will rev double what the car will.

Rides
    Yes and also they will both produce similar power levels. I think the mid 90's gixxer had just over 100hp and the cg13de is 80hp as standard. The carbs have been sat for a fair while so i will have to give them a good clean.

Rides
    what you doing with the arches pal? you putting bandeds on it. i got some wide fibreglass mini arches, bout 3 inch wide i think.

Rides
    awesome! I like the sound of using a k11 engine, now u gotta work out a way of usin the k11 PAS rack and pump and tell me how to do it so i can buy another one as a run around

also before you fit all those bits you should measure them up and then you can sell the kit on

Rides
    Nah mate i will running stock arches and mega stretch on the tyres. The wheels will be 7.5j x 12 with a 165 60 12 tyre.

Cheers for the offer though