Thread: Gizzmo boost settings

Rides

Gizzmo boost settings

Finally wired up my MS-IBC but how confusing is this thing lol.
    I've got the following settings done:
    Closed
    Boost Duty set on 60
    Gain set on 40(?)
    when I'm putting the car on it says it has hit 5.8lbs (which is psi right?) on my last test run.

I have noticed an increase in performance on the car but it's still running considerably less than what it's supposed to be, am I right?

What settings do I change so I could whack her up to 14psi, and would I also need an adjustable actuator for this?
    Is there no 'simple' set up to say put the settings to 1 bar/14 psi? :P

Car - s13 at stage 2.

Cheers
    Last edited by Pandaa; 19-04-2010 at 14:15.

Rides
    Firstly your gain is WAY too high, on the SR engine they recommend the gain being set at about 10. I'd say the CA would be comparible.

On my 14 my settings are duty 50, gain 12, closed loop. it made about .9 bar on those settings.

The pressure you've mentioned sounds like actuator pressure only.

Do you hear a "clicking" noise from the solenoid as you are on boost, if you don't then somethings not quite right. possibly a loose connection. Hope that helps

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
    Firstly your gain is WAY too high, on the SR engine they recommend the gain being set at about 10. I'd say the CA would be comparible.

On my 14 my settings are duty 50, gain 12, closed loop. it made about .9 bar on those settings.

The pressure you've mentioned sounds like actuator pressure only.

Do you hear a "clicking" noise from the solenoid as you are on boost, if you don't then somethings not quite right. possibly a loose connection. Hope that helps
    Got the CA in the car, will try similar settings to yours above and lowering the gain!

I'll take a picture of my set up now and see if it makes more sense to people how it's all done up. Not quite sure what you mean with the click, so would have to check again later...

-P

Rides
    OK, here's a pic of the engine bay - http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2770/...86fc3a2b_b.jpg

Basically got the solenoid screwed into the the fuse in the bottom. Got the one pipe going from the actuator into the SN, the other black one going bends up behind the PAS into the tee piece, which then goes into the boost controller.

Made a mistake in the original post, it was 5.8lbs not 6.8

Rides
    right.... search my name, and gizmo and i have done a good write up somewhere

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by clive View Post
    i pmed this to you but thought it might be helpful for others to read:

first thing i would like to mention is i cant make a comparison to the gizzmo as its my first EBC (electronic boost controller)

they are GREAT IMO if you not planning on going to stage 3 tuning/ over 2bar...

it was sooo easy to install.

i used the gizzmo instuctions:
    http://www.gizzmoelectronics.com/......%20Ver1.04.pdf

and this guide: *note not for a gizzmo, but for a sr20...*

http://www.jull.co.uk/index.php/s14-.../fit-avcr.html

and for setting it up i followed this guide:

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=231510

i think i should do a write up to how i done it as i could not find any great info through a search.

hope this all helps
    found it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaa View Post
    OK, here's a pic of the engine bay - http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2770/...86fc3a2b_b.jpg

Basically got the solenoid screwed into the the fuse in the bottom. Got the one pipe going from the actuator into the SN, the other black one going bends up behind the PAS into the tee piece, which then goes into the boost controller.

Made a mistake in the original post, it was 5.8lbs not 6.8
    Right looking at your picture basically there should be a vac line to the actuator and a vac line off the after turbo side (which I think you have done).

There shouldn't be anything else Tee'd off these pipes.

The only other thing present will be the electrical connections for the solenoid.

What you need to do is add a vac line from the plenum side of the engine, there is usually a few to choose from, this is the line that goes into the boost controller.

Rides
    Right looking at your picture basically there should be a vac line to the actuator and a vac line off the after turbo side (which I think you have done).

There shouldn't be anything else Tee'd off these pipes.

The only other thing present will be the electrical connections for the solenoid.

What you need to do is add a vac line from the plenum side of the engine, there is usually a few to choose from, this is the line that goes into the boost controller.
    Not sure if I can make sense of the above (not very mechanically minded, but learning)

On the other side of the engine I have 2 silicone hosings blocked up, when I checked the one it was defo a vac line (it's where we will be feeding the boost gauge into) so are you saying the feed from the back of the boost controller should be going into this and not where it's currently tee'd off?

If for whatever reason the car isn't done properly soon I'll ask some of the folks down the car show coming up which I'm sure would be able to help

Based on the link Clive posted I done a quick test, going from 10 duty 0 gain now at 50 duty 15 gain and managed to get 0.62 bar/9psi, but convinced I can get plenty more out of that!!

Rides
    so are you saying the feed from the back of the boost controller should be going into this and not where it's currently tee'd off?
    Exactly

Rides
    Exactly
    So based on that, could it be giving me inaccurate readings or just something unrelated? The hose coming off the solenoid then would just connect to my pipe where that blue fuel one is going to yeah?

With regards to my boost gauge then, could I tee it off the hosing that would go into the boost controller somewhere near the vac?
    At the mo with 55 duty and 25 gain I'm getting just over 9 and a half psi so getting there, lol

Appreciate your replies!

--
    Edit: With 55/30 I got 11.6psi, did have a slight lag boosting in 2nd but other than that it's an improvement!
    Last edited by Pandaa; 19-04-2010 at 19:40.

Rides
    So based on that, could it be giving me inaccurate readings or just something unrelated? The hose coming off the solenoid then would just connect to my pipe where that blue fuel one is going to yeah?

With regards to my boost gauge then, could I tee it off the hosing that would go into the boost controller somewhere near the vac?
    At the mo with 55 duty and 25 gain I'm getting just over 9 and a half psi so getting there, lol

Appreciate your replies!

--
    Edit: With 55/30 I got 11.6psi, did have a slight lag boosting in 2nd but other than that it's an improvement!
    did you read what i posted!!!!!!!!!!???

n the link is days DO NOT SET GAIN HIGHER THEN 10!!!

my gizmo is set at 58 and 9 and i make 1 bar

checked for boost leaks?