Thread: Stolen S13!

Rides

Stolen S13!

Just had my s13 stolen from my own driveway last night, took 4 hours to find it someone spotted it 20 miles away in an estate in Belfast and phoned me. I told the police where it was and they went and picked it up but the windscreen is smashed, door locks and steering column destroyed.

I get it back tomorrow but I'm looking around for parts, my actual question is has anyone here replaced an s13 steering column before, how difficult is it and would a scrap yard be the best place to pick one up with matching locks?

How much do new s13 windscreens go for?

Oh and also I'd appreciate some recommendations for serious alarm systems as that's the first thing I'll be doing once I get it running again!

Thanks

Rides
    I got a Cobra alarm on mine. If armed it will go off with any door/bonnet/boot opening, has sensors inside and the immobaliser was top notch, if you turned the alarm off and left it for 1 min it would activate, so even if you forget to lock the car it can't be jacked with a driver.

A tad annoying in petrol stations tho lol.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamosborne View Post
    Just had my s13 stolen from my own driveway last night, took 4 hours to find it someone spotted it 20 miles away in an estate in Belfast and phoned me. I told the police where it was and they went and picked it up but the windscreen is smashed, door locks and steering column destroyed.

I get it back tomorrow but I'm looking around for parts, my actual question is has anyone here replaced an s13 steering column before, how difficult is it and would a scrap yard be the best place to pick one up with matching locks?

How much do new s13 windscreens go for?

Oh and also I'd appreciate some recommendations for serious alarm systems as that's the first thing I'll be doing once I get it running again!

Thanks
    im breaking an s13 shortly.. ill let you know when.. im guessing you need the parts asap tho

Rides
    the only alarm system worth considering imo is a Sigma one. by far the best on the market.

Rides
    Thanks guys, yea I plan to have it running again by the end of next week so will be getting the parts in the next few days. The insurance people will be out to look at it soon and if they don't just call it a write off they'll take far too long to fix it!

I'd prefer an alarm that kills anyone who tries to steal it again but the law thinks that's too harsh so I checked out the cobra alarms and there's a company round the corner that supplies and fits them so that looks like the best option

Rides
    all the parts youll need to fit will be easy and straight forward to install... if i were you id get a full lock set so 1 key does all, and also while your there fit an alarm / immobilliser... you will find all the parts you need on here in the breakers section... better priced than scrap yards, plus it is rare to find them in breakers yards
    Last edited by hainesz; 11-04-2010 at 19:48.

Rides
    I take it you dont have windsceen cover on your insurance then if you do its normally like a 50 - 80 quid xs and doesnt effect your policy/NCD etc, if not ive heard of S13 windsceens being around £200 fitted

Rides
    Seen this on RMS, good to see you got it back in resonable condition. It was recovered in Divis wasn't it. that just says it all really. I wouldnt be parking it at home till you have it well secured though, the scum will just come back.

Far, far too much of this happening recently.

Rides
    Im braking a s13, could suppy all locks and steering with single key, PM me when your ready.

alex

Rides
    my screen cost me 156 2years ago so shop around bud

Rides
    Autoglass want £413 for the screen, I laughed at them then found one for £130+vat so that and the steering and lock set, which I'll pm you about as soon as I have the car back, should be the her running again! Just waiting for the police to finish dusting for prints or whatever they do then I'll take the trailer and pick her up. Cheers guys!

Rides
    After they finish dusting it with powdered sugar?

Have the police ever managed to recover a car by investigation before?

Rides
    Fcuking w**kers! I feel for you man, that sucks!

Com'on guys! Lets get'em!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by A13_SXT View Post
    the only alarm system worth considering imo is a Sigma one. by far the best on the market.
    I've had 2 Sigma's on different cars without any problems.
    The place I got them fitted at said they are a good, reliable alarm

Rides
    They should have there fingers cut off

Steering column is easy, plastic surround few screws, 2 bolts up top, three in floor and the knuckle joint at the rack, last one will be worst when you get the bolt out knock something in the gap to help open the joint and pull the whole lot out complete.

Rides
    Finally got a windscreen for £141 fitted but the trim around the outside needs replaced which is apparently a nissan only part (which I don't believe) nissan said they can't get it until the middle of next month!

Does anyone know where to get the trim around the windscreen from?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamosborne View Post
    Finally got a windscreen for £141 fitted but the trim around the outside needs replaced which is apparently a nissan only part (which I don't believe) nissan said they can't get it until the middle of next month!

Does anyone know where to get the trim around the windscreen from?

I believe it is Nissan only... but doesnt mean nothing else fits the lad who did my screen told me this, dissappeared into the back of his van and came back out with a perfectly good length of trim that fitted a treat

Rides
    Windscreen is in! You're about the universal trim they went and got some it looks pretty good. I still need the locks and ignition, can anyone help???

Rides
    sorry to hear aboyt this lad, i take it yours is burgandy as i got a phonr call askin was mine alright as one was seen going mad in divis. glad you got it back dude, you ever heard of richard bradley i.e Fastcav? he might have a lockset, from dungannon area. ill pm you his no. nexttime im near my pc

Rides
    If you're still looking round at alarms, the Toad Ai606 is a good Cat 1 alarm/immobiliser with remote. Very reliable and doesn't draw much current.