Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xbox "syndrome"

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ecksjay View Post
    freak.

no but seriously, i can understand what you mean. i dont get it with xbox at all, but used to get it with counter-strike back in the day. 7pm til 7am sessions can make you quite grumpy

dont have problems sleeping though, unless it's a very repetetive game. fall asleep straight after cod etc.
    shit, i'd forgotten about CS, yes. beta5.2 was the worst phase. i went completely mental if i was interrupted during clan matches.

oh, beta 5.2, so good. was never the same once beta 7 came out
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Oh god yes, I get so wound up by games it's not funny (well, some bastards laugh, but in fairness I do it to them too). Usually if it's Halo or CoD, I'll get to a point where it pisses me off so much I just switch the console off mid-game. Balls to anyone else if it hangs the match on CoD. If I'm being very vocal and whinging, it's probably not pissing me off that much. It's when I'm silent and sullen with any responses is where it;s getting to me and chances are I'll leave after that match or just switch off.

The only games to proper piss me off in single player are Streetfighter and Trials HD. Streetfighter I break controllers and switch the console off and Trials HD I just grit my teeth and keep at it until the course is done (Inferno II, I'm looking at you! ¬_¬).

Rides
    Can't say I've ever had that on the Xbox
    Have sometimes been unable to sleep after a seriously close league race in GPL (an hour of wheel to wheel battles at Monza with 4 other cars fighting for the lead for example) but that's purely down to the serious mental and physical exertion of racing that close for so long, knowing you're on a knife's edge between a chance at victory and probable retirement due to crashing out/blowing your engine.
    The rush is so bad I often finish races sweating and shaking from the masses of adrenaline loose in my system - trouble is I'm shattered from the experience but unable to sleep as a result

Think it's the only game I've had that really, never shooters as I normally struggle to equate them with real life - even the old days of playing Operation Flashpoint in a clan just after I left the Army I never took it that seriously .

GT4 used to make me grumpy - but that was more because it claimed so much and turned out to be sh1te

Rides
    Used to get grumpy playing games when I was younger, always remember blaming my brother everytime I died in resident evil or similar even if he was nowhere near me. If he breathed it was his fault

Nowadays I'm very chilled about it though, I still get into my games but I don't really get annoyed by them ever. Probably because I only play in short sessions now so much less of my time is invested in gaming.

Ethan (my little boy) loves playing Lego Indiana jones, but we're regulating that quite a lot now as he proper obsesses over it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by disco-tom View Post
    Oh god yes, I get so wound up by games it's not funny (well, some bastards laugh, but in fairness I do it to them too). Usually if it's Halo or CoD, I'll get to a point where it pisses me off so much I just switch the console off mid-game. Balls to anyone else if it hangs the match on CoD. If I'm being very vocal and whinging, it's probably not pissing me off that much. It's when I'm silent and sullen with any responses is where it;s getting to me and chances are I'll leave after that match or just switch off.
    Same here but i get more vocal the more i get pissed off i am, like tonight on the new maps on MW2 it seemed that every game was laggy or was full of campers and i was getting so mad last week i got so pissed of i was shouting at the game the wife was not happy with me
    if i play late my brain is still running at a 100 mph when i go to bed

Rides
    MW2 More than any other game has the ability to give me a REALLY sandy fanny.

Ive chucked the controller at the wall more than once.

If i feel a rage episode coming on i just turn the xbox off and leave mid game saying nothing.... guys on here will know. i do it often

Rides
    Lol its only a game... if you get some little dweeb giving you the old chitchat on MW2 or whatever then just leave the game. The sad little ****er will prob only end up in a life of crime, on drugs, shagging his mates sister (whos rank), unemployed and living in a cardboard box under a bridge while smelling of piss and shit. If he is really unlucky he might get a job in McDonalds but thats just being nasty.

Rides
    Yep i get it a lot

I just get very vocal and strt swearing even more than usual as the guys i play with on here will tell you If i get really angry i twist the controller trying to snap it lol then the Xbox gets swtiched off and left for a bit

If im wound up thansk to MW2 i do find it hard to get asleep sometimes

Rides
    There were teeth marks in my old (first gen) Xbox from playing ninja gaiden when i was an angry teenager - I've grown up a bit since then though!

Friggin most frustrating game ever though is ninja gaiden. Cheap as you like too!

Nothing on Xbox or PS3, if i find i can't do something after a few tries i just turn it off and come back in a few days and i always suceed like getting that beat zico trophy on wipeout HD. couldn't get under 31.09 seconds after 300 laps. stoped and had a rest for afew days. Came back and managed to get 30.61 in under 10 laps. and i only needed 30.82 seconds a lap. After that point i was able to constantly get under the target time too. I think its a matter that if you get to phyched it makes it even harder to concentrate as you loose it like webber!

Managed to keep calm and patient with this, despite the fact that to get anywhere near the time you need to be absolutely perfect and hope it all comes together at the right time as you can wreck the lap right at the end. i did it a different way to this in the end but it illustrates the precision required and how annoyed you could get after doing everything perfect and then cocking up at the end.

It's actually on the slowest speed setting but that makes it even harder as your ship doesn't accelerate fast enough or get a good top speed without boosting.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Blue View Post
    Friggin most frustrating game ever though is ninja gaiden. Cheap as you like too!
    Oh yes. I think I broke more than one controller playing NG

Rides
    Ninja gaiden on the ps3 was the most frustrating game ive ever played I broke 3 controllers if I remember right and they aint cheap

Rides
    Not just me then.

Didn't even think it was that great a game by the time i finished it

Not worth the money or the toothache! Controllers are tough!
    Last edited by Bayside Blue; 03-04-2010 at 16:14.

Rides
    i would fall asleep straight away after playing MW2 if i didn't have to get out of my blue tiger fatigues

Rides
    Lol.

Mw2 has never made me that angry, but then I am not that good at it and if my kills plus assists are close to deaths at the end of the game then I'm happy.

I only had one instance and that was when I picked up a magnum/tac off the floor and this other guy obviously wanted it but I did not see. If he'd of asked I would have swapped back bu no, he repeatedly stabbed me and forced me in a corner not letting me move...
    Last edited by Troy; 07-07-2010 at 12:09.

Rides
    Good effort to that man lol. I get peeved but its normally only when you spawn in front of someone who kills you instantly. Ive debated whether or not to email black ops and tell em to sort the effing respawns out, biggest let down of the game. How hard can it be to program you away from stuff or with your team rather than:

under a missile
    under an airstrike
    under a care package
    in front of bullets
    with your back facing someone
    immediately in front of the guy who just killed you to the point where you see yourself kill him on killcam then he comes back and kills you!!!!!!!!! (thats the most ridiculous, i hate the game when that happens)

Rides
    I have a small carrier bag in the bottom of my cabinet that contains the remnants of two controllers.
    Both of which died when i was playing the COD games. One i snapped the bottom plastic plate where i was twisting it in rage and the second was bounced off the wall (survived) then repeatedly stamped on (didnt survive that).

I have anger issues.

Although, in fairness, they were probaby provoked by cheating and modded knobbers. I have no problem with games that take me down fair and square, just cheats boil my blood slowly...
    (just read my xbox bios...see what i mean...)

Rides
    I had a bruise on my forehead from repeatedly headbutting the controller

I had to tell people at work i tripped over

I also have anger issues, my anger fuse is about half a sec

Rides
    Mortal Kombat 2 in the arcades was my nemesis. I got banned from a couple down the seafront for attempting to kick the crap out of the machines when I couldn't win or pull off a fatality against the machine
    I then had the same probs when they released it on the SNES. Multiple dents in walls where I'd launch the pad at it
    Nowadays I don't care. i just set the difficulty down a notch until I can beat it and work back up from there. Not even Tekken online bothers me now as I've learn't how to get past most of the cheesy players or the cheaters

Rides
    Lol, i cant imagine getting so pissed of id actually break something i owned. I twist the controller but not in a way itd actually break. If i was the one raping you in the game making you that angry id probably piss myself lol.