Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox "syndrome"

Rides

Xbox "syndrome"

Does it effect anyone else?
    My mrs reakons that i'm really grumpy and snappy after playing on the xbox (mw2) and really gets the hump if i play too long on it.
    I'm not sure if its a recognised problem, but apparently it over stimulates my frontal lobes of my brain and then keeps me awake for hours.
    I'm not too bad if i quit while i'm ahead though.
    Its caused me sleepless nights where i cant get the same thought out of my head and it goes round and round and round (etc,etc).

Does this happen to anyone else?

(or am i truly weird?)
    Last edited by Egon; 31-03-2010 at 12:50. Reason: weird? wierd? i before e except when you cant tell

Rides
    This happens to my GFs little boy.

To such an extent that he has been banned from playing Pokemon on the DS as it makes him aggressive after he has played on it. He also isnt allowed on any computer an hour before bed time or he just doesnt settle....

Rides
    I vote for truly weird, it doesn't effect me.

Maybe its cause you under stimulated in the rest of your time not playing.

Rides
    The only time it annoys me is when the mrs walks infront of the screen just as your about to pop someone with a head shot.

Dont get aggresive though

Rides
    I was gonna add a poll, but cba now..

Rides
    to get a truely 100% comparison, you need to do the activities in MW2 on real life, go and blow sone shit up, kill loads of people etc.

then see if you have the same anger/personality issues if you do you know its the type of game, if you do you know its just the fact your playing on an Xbox.

i would say its the Xbox, as you are full of anxiety of not knowing when the red ring of fail will happen meaning you'll have to go out and interact with real people

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    I find issues like that playing shooters such as COD4 or GTA4, but only when playing online. I just can't shut my brain down after playing. COD4 especially gets the adreanline flowing when playing with headphones and I have been known to have nightmares/flashbacks if I play too long into the night . Totally immersive when your a bit tired . Don't find the same issue with driving games in general though I sometimes lose my temper when I run out of talent .

Rides
    Modern warfare 2 is the only game ive ever played that can actually get me angry and shouting at the screen no idea why, I just find it frustrating when you get shot as soon as you spawn or as you turn a corner. I usually end up quitting out of rage which I never do in any other game crazy I know.
    Last edited by AndyS13; 31-03-2010 at 13:16.

jacks300zx
    lmao! there really is some potential serial killers on this forum!

its only a game! i play it for a couple of hours, get bored, turn it off and sleep. no problems!

Rides
    I find that playing on the Xbox chills me out - even killing things in Gears 2

My son on the other hand I had to ban him from playing Halo, and when he plays Batman, he cannot sit still! It's like he thinks he's in the game!

Jut

Rides
    oh look something else that the xbox does better than any other game consoles
    Microsoft new slogan "buy the new xbox 360 it will make you mental"

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by glens14a View Post
    oh look something else that the xbox does better than any other game consoles
    Microsoft new slogan "buy the new xbox 360 it will make you mental"
    To be fair, my son is the same when he's at home with his mum and plays the Ps3, Wii or indeed his DS. Maybe he shouldn't be allowed to play any of the

Jut

Rides
    Hmm can't say I get this on MW2.... Probably because I always win! DIE PESKY RUSSIAN!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAA

Rides
    i've got wound up by not being able to do x,y or z, no matter what style of game but never actually aggressive, just frustrated.

never had trouble with my sleep either, even from finishing at gone midnight i can fall asleep straight away.

you aren't chewing pro-plus while you're playing are you ?
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    freak.

no but seriously, i can understand what you mean. i dont get it with xbox at all, but used to get it with counter-strike back in the day. 7pm til 7am sessions can make you quite grumpy

dont have problems sleeping though, unless it's a very repetetive game. fall asleep straight after cod etc.

Rides
    When I was younger (on the ZX Specrum then an Amiga 500) I was banned from playing said consoles by my parents on numerous occasions because I became aggressive and snappy out of frustration from not winning. I now see this behaviour in a lot of my friends & relatives kids.

These days if I'm losing on CoD or whatever I rapidly get bored, switch the xbox off and watch boring tv instead which sends me to sleep anyway. I've also noticed that I am better at these games when drunk Except one time when playing Forza3, I thought I was doing amazingly well but it turned out I had finished the race and the computer had taken control

Rides
    I'm normally OK unless I play right up until I go to bed OR I get absolutely killed multiple times in a game and get into a huff. Then I do turn into a moody, aggressive PITA. I believe my wife's comment one night was "I'd rather you had an affair than play that f*cking xBox"

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TVR Rob View Post
    I believe my wife's comment one night was "I'd rather you had an affair than play that f*cking xBox"
    ...sounds like permission that does

Rides
    Rofl..

Serena calls my xbox "the other woman".
    In fairness, i have fired guns and blown a few things up but cant really compare the two feelings!!

I use headphones too , which makes it all the more realistic.

I have a bag of controller bits in the cupboard where i've broken them. Its not the throwing them at the floor, its the stamping on them that does them in...

|'ll take break soon as little egon is due next month !

Rides
    worst I've done it just turn the xbox off after getting wound up with being killed non-stop and never getting a chance to fight back

never had any problems sleeping or anything
    bovvered?