Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurer Quinn into administration

Rides

Insurer Quinn into administration

http://www.postonline.co.uk/post/new...adminsitration

Only stopping UK business being written at the moment - but I think you can see where this is going.....

Rides
    yeah its all over the news here.... i only have health insurance with them... i moved my car insurance just there at christmass...

sean quinn has lost 2 billion in bad investment. how the feck do you loose 2 billion... how is that possible?

Rides
    i didn't renew mr car insurance with them as my car gonna be off the road while i do the re-furb! but my daily driven van is still insured with them how will this effect me and other policy holders?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishpaddy View Post
    sean quinn has lost 2 billion in bad investment. how the feck do you loose 2 billion... how is that possible?
    His wealth was estimated at 3.3 billion a few years ago down to 800 million this year . A lot of his wealth was in the land his hotels sit on so that could be a reason for it along with bad investments.

Could be the start of bad times for insurers, hopefully they reduce premiums to attract new buisness but i cant see that happening

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by muddle84 View Post
    i didn't renew mr car insurance with them as my car gonna be off the road while i do the re-furb! but my daily driven van is still insured with them how will this effect me and other policy holders?
    Doesn't effect you at all.
    Last edited by rdougan; 30-03-2010 at 18:12.

Rides
    no offense to people who are, or were insured with them, but im glad they went into admin, these guys screwd me over years ago when i first started driving but ha to quin.

Rides
    apart from the fact it will leave a lot of people out of jobs, i hope they go under.
    they have ties with anglo which cost them a fortune.

i was forced to renew with them even though 123.ie was 780quid cheaper because i have a claim against me that isn't settled yet.
    (i declared the claim as being 25k against me even though it's more in the reigon of 20)
    so hopefully they go under and take the claim with them so i can go with somebody else and give 2 fingers to the person deliberately dragging the claim out to inconvienence me.

Rides
    This is so so so so devastating. Quinn were the ones giving me the best quote I could find for my S12 and now I can't find a quote under 2 grand! : (

Rides
    I recently bought health insurance with them, my car insurance is due for renewal soon, but also with quinn....

quinn didn't go into voluntary administration, it was by order from a high court

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by davecoupe View Post
    Could be the start of bad times for insurers, hopefully they reduce premiums to attract new buisness but i cant see that happening
    ROFL that's an absolute fcuking classic

Err, it's reduced premiums that have fcuked the car insurance market

Rides
    So is everybody that is insured with Quinn still insured and have a valid policy?

I'm insured with Quinn (car only), and I'm sure a lot of us from Ireland are. In fact I heard a figure of 17% of Irish drivers have a car insruance policy with Quinn.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Col200sx View Post
    So is everybody that is insured with Quinn still insured and have a valid policy?
    Yes

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Yes
    Good to hear

Rides
    i'm still with them. i missed my payment the other day and i got a text, a phonecall and a letter in the same day telling me i missed my €64 payment! have to be paid by friday...

Rides
    Does this mean that renewals with quinn are lightly to increase?

I have heard alot of bad stories about them, but from my experience of having a claim against me, quinn were brilliant and sorted everything out within days. My premium only went up 100 euro, and didn't lose any of my 6 years no claim bonus.

Some insurance companies have strange policies when you have your ncb protected, that you lose half in the event of an accident Hibernian i think it was....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by twincam View Post
    Does this mean that renewals with quinn are lightly to increase?

I have heard alot of bad stories about them, but from my experience of having a claim against me, quinn were brilliant and sorted everything out within days. My premium only went up 100 euro, and didn't lose any of my 6 years no claim bonus.

Some insurance companies have strange policies when you have your ncb protected, that you lose half in the event of an accident Hibernian i think it was....
    Ive heard alot of rumours that insurance companies all around are increasing premiums this year but this as such should have no direct impact.

Quinn have been put into provisional administration as more of a precautionary measure more than anything Insurance companies are required by law to have an insolvency net so that if they do go bust they have enough in the kitty to honour their remaining policies.

Some other aspects of Quinns business werent doing too well (like the UK side of the business) and afaik they used this *net* to cover their shortfalls as an immediate measure.

Rides
    heard word on the grapevine that quinn insurance is being investigated about their dealings and business by the high court in ireland as we speak today!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith88 View Post
    Ive heard alot of rumours that insurance companies all around are increasing premiums this year but this as such should have no direct impact.
    I heard that on the radio about increased premiums all round now that you say it.

Rides
    This may cause an issue for any of us who are insuring modified cars in the future as Quinn really are the main crowd you go to with a modded car - who else does the declared modified car insurance over here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    who else does the declared modified car insurance over here?
    Very few is the best answer I could give.