Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sky Insurance - Club discount for SXOC forum users!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by EMENEAR View Post
    Ollie do you have a direct number? I've been hung up on 3 timess!!!!
    Hi,

I just spoke to the team and they haven't noticed any problems with the phones.

PM me your contact details and I'll arrange a call straight back, also, let me know the number you called us from so I can trace the calls you have made to us today.

Thanks and apologies for any inconvenience.

Ollie
    Call us on 01707 642552 or feel free to PM us via the forum

Check out our blog:

www.skyinsurance.co.uk/blog/2013

Rides
    Are you in the same boat as certain other insurance companies that grace these sites. Just had my renewal through and I can get my car insured for £200 cheaper at ASDA than a so called insurance broker for car nuts?

If you can insure imports at sensible money, and are interested in a 2 for one deal let me know. My car insurance is due 20th March and my bike is needed yesterday.

Bike really important as I have a 30 year old babe wanting to try on my helmet and go for a ride

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by testpilot View Post
    Are you in the same boat as certain other insurance companies that grace these sites. Just had my renewal through and I can get my car insured for £200 cheaper at ASDA than a so called insurance broker for car nuts?

If you can insure imports at sensible money, and are interested in a 2 for one deal let me know. My car insurance is due 20th March and my bike is needed yesterday.

Bike really important as I have a 30 year old babe wanting to try on my helmet and go for a ride
    You'll need to ring us to find out. How are Asda with modified cars or imports? Are they aware they are quoting on an import or have you just used the vehicle registation number to obtain the quotation?

Check out our blog:

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Insurance View Post
    You'll need to ring us to find out. How are Asda with modified cars or imports? Are they aware they are quoting on an import or have you just used the vehicle registation number to obtain the quotation?
    Asda wasn't the cheapest just annoyed that they could do so much better, they know it is an import and know that it has mods.

Flux was cheaper last year but only by matching a quote from someone else there original renewal was mental.

Can you send me name and number of who to speak to at Sky for a hassle free quote. Need to add I am an old man with 10 years NCB, and had been insured with Flux for 8 - 9 years so your getting a loyal customer if the price is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by testpilot View Post
    Can you send me name and number of who to speak to at Sky for a hassle free quote. Need to add I am an old man with 10 years NCB, and had been insured with Flux for 8 - 9 years so your getting a loyal customer if the price is right.
    Any of my colleagues will be able to help. Tel: 0208 3645500

If you wish to let me knoe your contact details I will arrange a call back?

Thanks

Ollie
    Sky Insurance

Check out our blog:

Rides
    Ollie, having been driving a company car for years and not having had my own car since my last S13, I have no NCB - is there any way I can use the company car experience (claim free for 10+ years) to get a cheaper quote?

Thanks

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiruji View Post
    Ollie, having been driving a company car for years and not having had my own car since my last S13, I have no NCB - is there any way I can use the company car experience (claim free for 10+ years) to get a cheaper quote?

Thanks
    Yes indeed, subject to a letter from your employer confirming the claim free driving period, we can usually work with this.

Thanks

Check out our blog:

Rides
    Awesome

I'll give you a bell later to get a quote then

Rides
    Phoned them now and more expensive than other quotes and double the excess unfortunately.

Search continues.

Rides
    Hi just wondering, I'm 3rd party fire and theft on my s14a, my girlfriend will be buying a new car soon, she'll be insuring me on her car aswell, will this affect my insurance on my s14a at all? Thanks

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mmarques View Post
    Hi just wondering, I'm 3rd party fire and theft on my s14a, my girlfriend will be buying a new car soon, she'll be insuring me on her car aswell, will this affect my insurance on my s14a at all? Thanks
    No.

Check out our blog:

Rides
    Do sky do limited milage policys, im with you and have been for a few years but dont want to pay the renewal price as its dearer than last year and I hardly use the car anymore

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rich damms View Post
    Do sky do limited milage policys, im with you and have been for a few years but dont want to pay the renewal price as its dearer than last year and I hardly use the car anymore
    Yes, if you PM me your details I can arrange for my renewals team to call you?

Thanks

Ollie
    Sky Insurance

Check out our blog:

Rides
    hi from reading through comments im slightly confused as to what the limitations are, i understand that each car is handled as a unique case but it is stated that its 19 years old and 2 years expirience nothing about NCB. Is it a new policy you look for NCB now.

thanks in advance

Mike

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by fikemoo View Post
    hi from reading through comments im slightly confused as to what the limitations are, i understand that each car is handled as a unique case but it is stated that its 19 years old and 2 years expirience nothing about NCB. Is it a new policy you look for NCB now.

thanks in advance

Mike
    Hi Mike,

each case is looked at on it's own merit, our criteria differs wildly for different cars and different postcode areas. We post our minumum criteria only.

Minimum criteria is:

Age 19 or over with a full 2 years driving experience for TPFT cover
    Age 21 or over with a full 2 years driving experience for Comprehensive cover.

With both of these we would need to see proven claim free driving experience, at least for the last year. Ideally NCB in your own name but we will also look at named driver or company car claim free experience.

I hope that helps, if you have a specific query then feel free to PM me.

Kind regards

Ollie
    Sky Insurance

Check out our blog:

Rides
    Hey thanks for the fast reply it was very helpfull and much apreciated, specifically the bit about named driving expirience as unfortunately i do not have NCB but have a full 4 years claim free as a named driver and with most companies it is NCB or nothing and am struggling to find a managable quote ill pm you mate

thanks again

much apreciated

Rides
    i tried sky insurance a couple of days ago and found that they couldnt even beat admirals best quote (£300 more), and then i was told its cause of my occupation when the car is shut in a secure parking area with cameras and foot patrol 24hr what a joke.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by fikemoo View Post
    Hey thanks for the fast reply it was very helpfull and much apreciated, specifically the bit about named driving expirience as unfortunately i do not have NCB but have a full 4 years claim free as a named driver and with most companies it is NCB or nothing and am struggling to find a managable quote ill pm you mate

thanks again

much apreciated
    Happy to help, just replied to your PM

Check out our blog:

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Childsy14a View Post
    i tried sky insurance a couple of days ago and found that they couldnt even beat admirals best quote (£300 more), and then i was told its cause of my occupation when the car is shut in a secure parking area with cameras and foot patrol 24hr what a joke.
    We cannot help everyone.

Thank you for trying us

Check out our blog:

Rides
    Bit disappointed that I didn't get my callback today. I tried phoning yesterday but I only had 45 mins for lunch and 30 of those was spent trying to get through!

Hopefully I shall get one tomorrow for a quote.