Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: OEM+ S14a

Rides
    Love the Borbets man. One of my all time favourite wheels. Centre caps on for me

Wonder how the centres would look the same gray as the car?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Love the Borbets man. One of my all time favourite wheels. Centre caps on for me

Wonder how the centres would look the same gray as the car?
    Thanks Clint, i ended up leaving the centre caps on i think they look different!
    I'll probably take the wheels off over winter so they dont get ruined by salt and that sorta stuff

I said i better update this as a good few things have been going on the last few weeks, first off here is the ae86 mercury R diffuser that will be going on at some point

Needs a small repair with fiberglass but its in great shape.

After the last drift day i noticed my car had burned a bit of oil and there was blue smoke coming from the exhaust on idle after giving the car a good roasting so the turbo seals were finally starting to give up, not bad for 85k and plenty of drifting at 1bar so i couldnt be disappointed it served me well! I was in 2 minds whether i should get another t28 or get a new one, the thing is all of them would be 10 years old and you wouldnt know what you are buying so i decided to splash out and get a bigger turbo!

I bought a new 2871r .64 housing as i've as i always planned to get one, i thought it would be perfect for drifting and lots of power.

so the car was still driving fine and not burning anymore oil i was able to wait until i got a set of injectors and then organise mapping on a Nistune by Stiv at MDT

I wanted to get a water temp meter so i bought one with a sender from mcgillmotorsports for a great price.

I picked up a set of sard 850cc injectors from stevo cheers dude

After a few weeks i was ready to pull out the old turbo, i was waiting over a month for a new set of gaskets from the nismoshop so i order a new turbo gasket from lorcan at drift2motorsport, great service and a genuine nissan part for a great price!

here's the old turbo out, you can kinda see the oil where it was coming out of the exhaust housing

The turbos from the outside look similar size but you can see the wheel size difference up close

Rides
    I fitted everything back together with locking tabs and new gaskets

I really was never impressed with the apex oil line i had it was just an inch or 2 short for comfort so i decided to get a new one made up, one that had a fitting to screw into the block first then screw to oil line into that. I got onto radfix here in galway and the supplied the fitting, grp4 fabrications also here in galway supplied the other fitting and assembled the line for me, i forgot to take pics but here's how the line screws into the block now

so i primed up the turbo with oil and fired up just fine, but i had to bore out the oil return pipe and it started to drip oil onto the floor after a long run so that was another job to sort. I fitted the new water gauge in the mean time, it does the job!

Got a new 1.3bar nismo rad cap too to fit

I had a problem with the cheap ebay snap off boss kit i bought, a guy mailed me on driftireland and explained he sorted his one with the use of split roll pins to push out the rubber grommets. I tried it and it worked! for 40 euro it works perfect now with no play at all. It makes it so much easier getting in and out of the car now too

I found the leak from the turbo, the oil return had split so i got a new pipe and made a new gasket for the return out of a water gasket sheet

The hole in the passo side was letting in water down near the ecu so i made up a grommet for that too and sealed it after that

I also made up a bracket for the new z32 afm to keep the filter in position

one of my manary wheels was leaking air so i resealed the barrel and lips with sealant that should hold it

Rides
    Thanks to nikki69 i got a good discount on some wheel polish for the borbets, i've never polished wheels before but i gave it a go!

So after all that i called up to stiv at MDT early one morning and we fitted my new injectors, afm and a Nistune ECU. He couldnt get the car to run properly so we narrowed it down to a faulty or dirty injector, they had been sitting up for 4 years almost. Thankfully one of the lads in his unit loaned me a set of s15 480cc injectors and the car ran perfect after that.

We set about mapping the car and setting up a cruising map also for economy, i noticed after each run the car was pulling harder all the way to the redline, i was glad the clutch was holding up as its done 4 years of work and drifting now! Stiv explained each step of the mapping process to me it was very interesting to see how he does it. The car feels like a new animal with so much more torque and it spools just as fast as it did with the t28 in it before! So i had a fun journey home late that night, the car burned much less fuel too! We didnt want to push th car too much with the standard headgasket and old clutch so we settled for 1.25 high boost.

Big thanks to Stiv and the lads for mapping and the sorting injectors too, would recommend to anyone for a top service

There was another drift day organised in tynagh by superdrift so i paid my entry fee and stocked up on new tyres for the weekend. The day turned out to be a sorcher over 25 degress all day! The car ran perfect all day long and the heat chewed through tires! The Nistune has a built in safety feature that when the water temp reaches 104 degrees it cuts power so with my standard rad and the heat of the day this would happen a few times throughout the day so next on the list is getting a bigger alu rad to keep temps down and maybe a pusher fan too. The clutch is still holding on but it doesnt like 3rd gear but there's only a few spots in tynagh to use 3rd so i dont mind.

Here's 2 pics from the day, we took the bonnet off to keep it as cool as possible

I tried some new things throughout the day list faster flick entries and less use of the hydro. I also ran with some toe out on the front and it made transitions much more snappy but i kinda like it like that now. The rear squats a good bit so i have lots of grip and the car is nice and stable but i'm going to get some 9kg springs for the front and move my 7kg's to the back to see how it performs. Hopefully i will get around to this over the winter. I am also planning on making so equipment for aligning the car at home, i adjusted the toe the last 2 drift days myself and i am happy with how it handles. I think i will also raise the front a bit more for clearance as i've found i have better front grip now i have more suspension travel.

Rides
    Car is looking unreal Cillian. You've made a lot off progress lately with it. Good to see you giving Radfix some business too!

Rides
    Hi everyone,

Its been a long time since i've updated this thread, dunno how i haven't been on here more! I plan to become more active again now that i am busy with s bodies again!

Where to start, i was extremely busy at the end of last year and early this year with other life duties that i didn't do a single job to my s14a apart from servicing for months and months. After the last NCT (MOT) i decided to return the car to the road full time and buy another for track use only. As the prices have started creeping back up here in Ireland for clean examples, they've become so rare as most have been either broken or exported.

One of the jobs i did last year after enjoy the new turbo and power was fit an Origin BGW to gain some more traction. I picked this up from NismoNut and after some deliberation i decide to low mount it to keep a lower profile for a road car

Here's a quick shot without the wing

I have to say it made more of a difference than i thought it would, especially traction in a straight line. I also did a nice bit of drifting at the end of last year:

I was very happy with the way the car was performing but i had big plans for my next car...will update this again very shortly!

Rides
    Was wondering when you would update this thread I checked it the other night
    Love the spoiler same positioning as what u had planned with my one don't forget to pop up a thread on the other car ;-)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by T.J View Post
    Was wondering when you would update this thread I checked it the other night
    Love the spoiler same positioning as what u had planned with my one don't forget to pop up a thread on the other car ;-)
    Thanks Tj, ya i forgot its ages since you've seen the car, or even the new one! You should get one of yours ready for the end of the year. I will keep the new car on this thread i think, as i didn't take a whole lot of pics of it as it was a rush building it.

Rides
    So i had it in my head that i wanted to return my the s14 to a comfortab-lish road car that i can hear myself think in...i must be getting old!

I was keeping an eye out for another s14 with a decent spec and maybe not so clean body work, they were getting pretty hard to find though but i saw this pink s14 for sale for a good price not too far away. It was a jap import silvia that just had a new engine fitted and was off the road for over a year. I went to take a look and comp tested it etc.. it was a nice all round package but needed a bit more work

Exterior:
    Full origin streamline kit,

Carbon bonnet,

clear headlights with hid"s

Carbon lip spoiler. resprayed lamborghini rosso.

Interior

standard mostly bar.

apex boost gauge,

deep dish wheel and uprated speakers and cdplayer.

the battery is relocated to the boot!
    blitz turbo timer

gofaster bits or what ever

japspeed inter-cooler with hardpiping.

mishimoto large alloy rad

Garret AR- bb turbo unsure of exact one but at worst s15.

nismo slave cylinder,

Exeedy triple padel clutch kit

GTR fuel pump

hks filter

Full blitz nur spec exhaust including down pipe and manifold,

Blitz profect spec 2 boost controller set at .7 max

XYZ coil overs with 32 way damping. actually surprisingly good.

cusco front and rear strut braces.

Drift works subframe locking collars. fitted

and Driftworks subframe bush kit new in box.

Hard race rear camber arms
    Hardrace toe arms.

Cusco 2way.

black diamond groved disks front and rear with ebc pads.

the silver wheels in the pics are enkie multifit 16" with good tires,
    there also is a set of sparco 17" alloys going with the car that quiet suit it i think! but they need a respray!

thats what i can think of at the moment anyway.

The car also has a Full clifford alarm.

spare standard exhaust with cat.

spare rack with possible extra lock"

Rides
    I have alot more pics to upload tomorrow and some major changes to the drift car!

Rides
    Fair play Cillian, your making some good progress from what I hear.. You'll be kept busy with both cars now, the fiesta won't get a look in!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideways Simon View Post
    Fair play Cillian, your making some good progress from what I hear.. You'll be kept busy with both cars now, the fiesta won't get a look in!
    Thanks Simon..how is oz treating you? Hard to believe you are there over a year now..your old s15 is lookin well I saw a pick a few months back
    Ah the aul festy will get a few bits done at some stage..carb is stuck open at the moment!

So I got the silvia home..gave it a wash and stuck a few parts including the wheels up for sale and put my GTRs on it

It had a mint interior that I planned to swap into my grey car..I wanted to take out the roll cage bucket seat and harnesses etc and fit them to the Silvia..

I bought a red shell at the end of last year that I had planned to build into a drift car before I saw the pink one for sale..it had a mint dash so I decided to use that one for the road car

The interior was pretty mank from being left up for a year in a yard so it needed a serious clean

I put the two of them in the garage and began the swap..and started buying some parts yaay!

Out came the cage and dash etc

Rides
    In the mean time i did one last drift day in the grey s14a, i was back driving it everyday at this stage and couldn't wait to return a full interior to it, i want to give it a full respray again this year and maybe change the colour, i could do with polishing those borbets too

I bought another Compbrake hydro for the drift car, as i couldn't be bothered removing the other one. This worked well in the grey car so it made since to buy another

I also picked up a full r33 rear brake system for the silvia, as the standard pads were crap. I also ordered some new ebc pads for them

one of the blue led's i had in the clocks of the grey car blew so i bought another set, these are superbright!

I bought a set of Kazama front tension rods from my mate andy who now live Japan, drives an R32 and runs the Planet Drift facebook page, cheers Lad!

The rose joints are off centre so allow for extra big lock should i get that done in the future, great quality arm very thick gauge steel used

got a new oil sandwich plate for the gauges i will be running

Got another Origin BGW for some extra downforce at the rear, had some ideas for this too!

The pink started to grow on me, looked very cool under the dark!

The front pads on the road car were shot and getting noisey, i was impresses with the EBC redstuffs on the front of the drift car so i bought another set of them

Turned out i bought the wrong set, for an NA 2.5 R33 dohh!

I ended up buying the correct set after, these were brilliant as soon as i fitted them!

I picked up a pair of Sparco Circuit Pro seats and Harnesses out of a friends rally car, they're in great nick! I hope to do some competive rounds of the IDC next year so i need to have 3" harnesses

Rides
    So down to some gritty stuff. when i got the car it developed a miss fire, the boost controller didn't work and it was over fuelling badly.

I stripped out the intercooler as the vacuum pipes were all messy and the intercooler had crappy jubliee clips i wanted to replace with Mikalors as they are pain free.
    I blanked up some of the excess pipes, i will replace all the vac lines again in the future with some new stuff

Found that the boost controller wasn't actually hooked up correctly, must have been forgotten about when the new engine was fitted

The was an earthing kit in the car but was all arse ways so i redid them all, the earth cable for the batt in the boot was too small also

So i put some heafty new cable on there

Rides
    Found plenty of loose ends of wires under the bonnet

Some rusty earths

and broken ones!

I was just glad to get stuck in and redo it all so then i know what i have

picked up a new z32 fuel filter

and Defi water temp meter

After fitting all this the car ran nice and smooth when i adjusted the CAS and got the timing sets, no more over fuelling and all the electrics worked nicely

So i went about fitting the r33 rear conversion, only took 1 pick of it. I did away with the standard handbrake as i won't be needing it

Had this lazy git in my way most of the time!

The s14 had a nice set of Final Konexxion headlights that were too nice to use on track so i replaced them with some glass ones, I also made up a set of canards and winglets. I want to go a bit over-board with the styling on this car as i was very tame with the other car as it was my road going car also

Here were the front tension rods, as you can see they were fairly tired

Replaced them with the Kazama items

And i also got a full set of Apex braided lines for the calipers all round, fitted them too

c

The shell is so clean underneath, it looks like its only a few years old, not one bit of rust! Hard to believe its a 95

The plan was a full respray in grey or purple or both..so while deciding that i stripped out the interior, found some funny stuff in there, including this Japanese currency!

Bored a hole in the firewall to run all cables through, Batt ones etc. The car had a full sound system, amps tweeters etc. So all that junk had to go!

Stripped down the car and noticed the original colours it was before. The car was Grey/silver from new..then sprayed white before it was imported to Ireland in 2007..then it was sprayed Lamborghini Rosso Red that was seen on the Diablo's of the early 90's which is really a pink.

The guy that sprayed the pink must have been super lazy as the door shuts didn't even have laquer on them, and overspray on lots of the rubber seals!!

Didn't even move some seals to paint behind them

badly done door shuts..im not being fussy painting this as it just a drift car but i just wanted to have a clean base

Also here is the colour i picked out after about an hour looking at charts! Its a purpley blue metallic and i love it so i decided to do the whole car in it!

Last edited by CillianS14a; 03-08-2014 at 14:56.

Rides
    A friend of mine was looking to buy a nissan xtrail so we went cross country to go look at one, found this nicely little spot on the way back, down near Tipperary

Anyways back to work and the next drift day was fast approaching so the pressure was on!

I only had a few evenings and a full saturday to get the rest of the car together.. i got the hyrdo fitted and bleed the lines with new 5.1 fluid. I didn't plan on running a rear bumper for awhile and i really liked the Ben Sopra 380sx style of having a painted rear panel without the bumper so i lined up the Mercury R diffuser from my friends ae86. I also finished off my Origin wing with ridiculous end plates that i think suited it all and i came up with this:

I was pretty chiffed with that so it was time for a like of paint.. i had lots of other little jobs to complete as at this stage it was the day before my first day out testing the car..

Masked it all up and rubbed it down

I picked up 2 crappy wings with lots of dents and worked them out with a mallet and primed them up.. i didn't want to damage the mint jdm wings that were on the car

did the front panel too

While i was waiting for that to dry off i went about fitting Japspeed inner and out tie rods as the standard ones were fecked

So the pressure was on to finish the rest so i don't have more pics but after alot of late nights we got the car finished (kinda) at 11.30 at the track on the sunday in the lashing rain under the car on my back trying to get the front wheels pointing straight haha

Only for some of the lads and my father i would have had a bit of a disaster of a day..the hyrdo wouln't lock correctly it needed bleeding then i got a nice few laps in and i discovered the car doesn't have as much grip as the grey car yet and i slide off the track on an entry and put in the bottom of the drivers door..oops! i wasn't that bothered as i don't have to drive this car on the road!

I then blew out one of the bungs for the where the dump valve used to be and only for IDC driver and good friend of mine Alan "billy" smyth i would have been heading home for another bung! He happened to have one spare and that got us back out for the rest of the day.

After that the car ran really sweet and had good power..there was one pic taken of it that i saw

Overall the car performed very well i got some great battles in with my friend dave in his Lexus and had alot of funny in the pits with everyone else, what its all about!

The car finished out the day in 1 piece and the bumper finished in about 7 had a little incident with a truck tyre, it was only then i noticed the kit is genuine Origin stamped from Japan..pity the fiberglass is so flimsey, im used to the plastic bumper strength on my grey car

So i took a break from the car for a few weeks to recover from the late nights etc and get back on the beer

I had alot of other plans for the car but i really need to polish up the wheels again on this car

In the mean time i was enjoying full interior and comfort and also being able to hear the radio
    Last edited by CillianS14a; 03-08-2014 at 14:57.

Rides
    So i decide the repaint the drift car again as it only got 1 coat and wasn't full dry at the last drift day

I also took the genuine Seibon bonnet from the red shell i have and fitted that as i thought the vents might be a good idea

fitted some boot pins as when i got home after that last day out the boot wouldn't open so this was easier to deal with

Turned my attention to the steering in the front, the rack bushes were soft so i ordered some stuff from Energy Suspension in the US

The front lower arms bushes needed freshening too

I had to burn these out and fit the new ones, the weather was a sorcher that day too!

Got a magnetic sump plug too

The coilovers are XYZ's and the last bought them brand new, i am very impressed with them!

Rides
    The rear subframe on the grey car squeaks like mad and i got really sick of it so it was time to remove the solid bushes and replace them with poly ones

Dropped out the subframe one morning and got to work, thank god the Poly ones were easy to fit!

Really need to clean under there!

Got them in using the nut and bolt method to squeeze them in

All back together within a few hours thankfully!

No more squeaky head wreck! yaay!

Now back to the drift car, i put it back into the garage and masked it up one evening

Rubbed down the bonnet too as the lacquer was badly faded, the effort of getting it correct would be painful so i just sprayed it black

Rides
    I always loved the crazy graphics on D1 cars and i thought that as part of the package in building a crazy looking car i would have to get graphics done too.. So i got onto Moose Designs in Cork about coming up with something i had in mind..a few days later we were happy with the base and he delivered them up to me.. excellent service!

So with the fresh paint dry on the drift car we set about applying the graphics

I was getting excited ha!

A friend of mine called by with his new s15, lovely car!

And here was the finished product! I am over the moon with result, it took ages to apply them but it was worth it i think

I forget to mention i repaired the bumper and canards and repainted it again

You can see the chrome graphics here on the sides

The white graphics have a pink metallic background that looks really cool up close

You can see the colour is more purple in the sunlight

Rides
    I'm liking how this is turning out! Great job you've done of the road car & well-impressed with the level of detail you've gone through for the drift car Cillian! You've got the best of both worlds now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently