Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: show us ur bikes real bikes

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamB View Post
    My little bruv still has one of those (he bought it brand new in 99 and still has it sitting in the garage rusting away at his Father-in-law's place )

Stupid boy
    I'll give him a hundred quid for it

Quote Originally Posted by rich damms View Post
    That's awesome

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hachi Roku View Post
    what was the rsvr like?
    I was thinking about getting one a while back
    best bike ive owned i bought the R on a 03 as it has some better bits than the older ones then they went on to the factorys witch i didnt like the look of but if i was going to buy another bike it would be one of them

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by muhuha View Post
    Try brands GP mate, i've done both and the GP track is amazing, will doing again next next year!

Recently picked up a gsxr1000 k3 to replace my 600 Srad, it's too powerful for this cold weather, wheelies and wheel spins at the same time .... crappy touring tyres lol

Yes love to do the gp track maybe next year, did the indy 3 or 4 times last year on a gsxr 600. Big difference on torque between the 600 and 1000 had the back slip out a few times but damp cold days dont help.
    Last edited by obsessed; 19-12-2012 at 19:05. Reason: spelling

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by obsessed View Post
    Yes love to do the gp track maybe next year, did the indy 3 or 4 times last year on a gsxr 600. Big difference on torque between the 600 and 1000 had the back slip out a few times but damp cold days dont help.
    Indy circuit is really good for smaller bikes like my 600 but it's a bit nadgery for the 1000s. Loads of people seem to end up highsiding coming out of Clark Curve as they're too impatient as there is only really the one straight for start/finish and Clearways/Clark Curve seems to go one for ever. The GP circuit has a couple of long straights added in so it makes it a very different track. A lot more expensive to buy a track day but cheaper than stacking your Gixxer Thou

I always think that getting Surtees/McLaren right on a smaller bike is really, really satisfying on the indy circuit though. You can carry so much speed into there and there are a few different lines that can allow you to do overtakes if people are a bit hesitant.

Let me know if you're going lads as I'd be up for another go at Brands. I can't motivate myself to go on my own and the mate I used to do track days with has sold his bike to buy an "under the thumb" diesel popel-currier

Rides
    Let me know if you're going lads as I'd be up for another go at Brands. I can't motivate myself to go on my own and the mate I used to do track days with has sold his bike to buy an "under the thumb" diesel popel-currier [/QUOTE]

Hi jonny im doing brands march 3rd if your intrested, im going on track as billy no mates. dont know how I'll do newish bike to me and
    1st time on track with a 1000. Focus events had 10 places left on sunday and I booked group 2

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by obsessed View Post
    Let me know if you're going lads as I'd be up for another go at Brands. I can't motivate myself to go on my own and the mate I used to do track days with has sold his bike to buy an "under the thumb" diesel popel-currier
    Hi jonny im doing brands march 3rd if your intrested, im going on track as billy no mates. dont know how I'll do newish bike to me and
    1st time on track with a 1000. Focus events had 10 places left on sunday and I booked group 2[/QUOTE]

I was just going back through some old emails having a clear out and came across this.

Did you go in the end ?

Rides
    I was just going back through some old emails having a clear out and came across this.

Did you go in the end ?[/QUOTE]

Hi Jonny, yes went and it was bloody freezing only a hand full of road bikes there, most were track bikes. The morning sessions you could feel the tyres slipping on druids every lap. Good fun but I think next time I'll wait till the weather is a bit warmer. Next one booked for April 18th(evening)

Rides
    Ive been making good progress on the F2 resto. Hoping to have it all up and running by July

Ive been contemplating buying a new bike this year as I have a few quid to play with. I was originally going to trade the Thruxton in, but they have recently become very desirable since only 500 were made so I plan to keep it until I get bored or need the money. Ive been thinking about Fireblades, Enduros and even a Honda Shadow based bobber. However theres some amazing things being done with Bonnevilles recently..

Rides
    I'm not feeling the love for that Bonnie, I have to say.

Have you seen the K W800 ? I like the look of the bike but dislike the fact it doesn't have a kickstart. Completely irrational I know.

Looks like the CBR is coming on. Doesn't the swing arm look spindly though
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 13-03-2013 at 07:45.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    I'm not feeling the love for that Bonnie, I have to say.

Have you seen the K W800 ? I like the look of the bike but dislike the fact it doesn't have a kickstart. Completely irrational I know.

Looks like the CBR is coming on. Doesn't the swing arm look spindly though
    They have a couple of W800s at my local Orwells and at Seastar Superbikes in Newton Flotman, for some reason I just dont like them. I think its something to do with the proportions of the thing.

The swing arm doesnt seem spindling in the flesh, probably because it weighs a tonne! But then again the F2 is never going to win any style competitions.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Prior View Post
    The swing arm doesnt seem spindling in the flesh....
    It does compared to a Fireblade's swinger When I had my 600 apart I had to stop myself replacing it just because it "looked" so damn spindly.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    It does compared to a Fireblade's swinger When I had my 600 apart I had to stop myself replacing it just because it "looked" so damn spindly.
    Ive just googled a fireblade swingarm.... yeah I agree

Rides

Now, THAT is a swing-arm.

Rides
    Not a very good close up but I managed the whole quarter mile on one wheel and broke the beam at a recorded 115 mph in second gear all the way, had to really play with the balance point so I didn`t run out of revs.
    Its a 2002 the first of the fuel injected ones and I`ve had it since 03, Ohlins steering damper, Blue flame high level, dual port, titanium zorst, rear indicators incorporated into the rear L.E.D. light,The obligatory K+n air filter, Dynojet power commander 3 usb re mapped on rolling road @ pretty well bang on 140 brake for torqe, loads more but Its getting late and I`m mourning the death of my desktop puter and all my bike photos. at least theres still the bike. mmmmmmmmmmm

Rides
    my new one tuned a bit to 195bhp at the wheel and 127 ft lbs

Rides

My ZX6-R. Had it as my 1st bike when i passed my test 6 years ago. Only now am i selling it to get a naked....

Rides
    Bought this a few weeks ago. Sorry I don't have any decent photos yet...

Rides
    Thought i would put some pics of this years bikes.
    This is my gsxr750y i got earlyer in the year

This is my latest bike its old, slow has a hand panted frame and the clutch slips but its the most fun i have had riding a bike on the road in ages
    1995 klx650

Last edited by Hachi Roku; 24-09-2013 at 22:32. Reason: fixed links

Rides
    Sold the CRF450R supermoto, Husaberg 650 supermoto, Triumph Street Triple and ZZR1400. Currently have these:

Last edited by bren; 26-09-2013 at 10:34.

Rides