Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: manual boost controller on s14a

Rides
    yeh i done that

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie1989 View Post
    with the + right up lol
    that screwed in then right ? then it should work ,the preasure on the ball and spring stops boost reaching actuator so boost will build and build till enough preasure is produced to push spring open then opening actuator dumping boost

Rides
    i thoguht it had to be undone to open it :S i was told unscrew it to open the bc ?? sorry all this turbo stuff is new to me lol

Rides
    i have not had anything to do with that controller before but most you screw in to load up the spring so try that mate

Rides
    if you have slackened off the spring then you are letting all pressure straight through to actuator that would explain the low boost

Rides
    okok i will try that then thanks for the help guys

Rides
    Looks like its plumbed in correctly, the standard nissan boost solenoid should be disconnected and removed.
    You have prob been turning it the wrong way, start winding it back and it will prob work.
    Also i take it you have mods to support raised boost, better fuel as well...?

Rides
    I'd take it off, bin it, and buy a better one (notably a 'Bren' device) - some of the cheap crap can barely hold standard boost

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideways14a View Post
    Looks like its plumbed in correctly, the standard nissan boost solenoid should be disconnected and removed.
    You have prob been turning it the wrong way, start winding it back and it will prob work.
    Also i take it you have mods to support raised boost, better fuel as well...?
    yeh shes gota de cat n after market air filter with a hks blow off not that that wud make much dif ... u say about the fuel i have nt touched that or a remap or any think how can i up the fueling ??thanks

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clouder_sx View Post
    I'd take it off, bin it, and buy a better one (notably a 'Bren' device) - some of the cheap crap can barely hold standard boost
    would you be able to hit me up with a link for this "bren " device please

Rides
    have you got your car to make boost yet? Did it make boost before fitting the manual controller? If not then you need to be finding out why. If it did then the new boost controller is the problem .Bren device is the nick name given to the Apex boost controller

Rides
    http://www.apexperformance.co.uk/cat...a8886085072485
    to be honest your boost controller should work but this link will get you to the apex version

Rides
    [QUOTE=paul.johno70;5182093]have you got your car to make boost yet? Did it make boost before fitting the manual controller? If not then you need to be finding out why. If it did then the new boost controller is the problem .Bren device is the nick name given to the Apex boost controller[/Q

iv got it boostin 1.1 bar now the boost controller it like shut to the max n if i undo like one turn goes back to 0.5 bar ?? and the blow off makes a totally different noise now :S ideas ?? lool

East Anglia Area Rep Slip_n_slide's Avatar
    Rides
    [QUOTE=jamie1989;5182105]
    Quote Originally Posted by paul.johno70 View Post
    have you got your car to make boost yet? Did it make boost before fitting the manual controller? If not then you need to be finding out why. If it did then the new boost controller is the problem .Bren device is the nick name given to the Apex boost controller[/Q

iv got it boostin 1.1 bar now the boost controller it like shut to the max n if i undo like one turn goes back to 0.5 bar ?? and the blow off makes a totally different noise now :S ideas ?? lool

Yeah, turn it back down a bit until you've made the engine a little stronger lol

Rides
    That boost controller looks exactly the same as the other cheap BLEED VALVES.

Are you sure that is ball/spring type controller?

Rides
    wow 1.1 bar is way too much mate, you dont want much over standard boost untill youve atleast upgraded your fuel pump. Cheap boost controllers are known to be hard to adjust accuratly so turn it back 1/4 of a turn instead

Rides
    your blow off will be louder as it has way more boost to dump

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie1989 View Post
    yeh shes gota de cat n after market air filter with a hks blow off not that that wud make much dif ... u say about the fuel i have nt touched that or a remap or any think how can i up the fueling ??thanks
    Turn it back to standard and dont fvk about with the boost until you have done basic mods or you will blow it up.
    You need an uprated fuel pump, plugs and pref a better exhaust before running anything like 1bar. You also want an uprated intercooler.
    You also need to run super unleaded or better with any boost increase.

So revert to standard or you will be looking for expensive rebuilds.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideways14a View Post
    Turn it back to standard and dont fvk about with the boost until you have done basic mods or you will blow it up.
    You need an uprated fuel pump, plugs and pref a better exhaust before running anything like 1bar. You also want an uprated intercooler.
    You also need to run super unleaded or better with any boost increase.

So revert to standard or you will be looking for expensive rebuilds.

iv turned it back down and it is runnnin at 0.8 -0.9 bar nw wud that be any better or shall i turn right back down?? i was told i cud run up to 1.2 bar and it be ok :S

Rides
    No turn it back to about 0.7 bar (circa 10-11psi) do not be tempted to dick about with the boost.
    Who ever told you its ok with 1.2 ish bar is a complete idiot and you should ignore them.
    You run to much boost on stock stuff you will hit fuel cut, 1.2 bar will hit FC so will 1 bar in cold weather.
    You run ~1 bar on stock plugs and you could very easily melt the end off one or more, this will muller a valve or a piston (a very well know monkey on here did that a few years ago when he accidentally mixed up a stock heat range plug with the rest)
    You run ~bar on stock pump and you seriously run the risk of a lean condition part way through the rev range as the shit stock unit cant flow, this does stuff like above... but could be even worse.
    You run any boost increase like that without proper petrol and you will melt stuff, det or god knows what, especially if your already on the limit with poor pumps, wrong plugs and god knows what else.

Do it cheep and you will be paying £££s