Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: manual boost controller on s14a

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideways14a View Post
    No turn it back to about 0.7 bar (circa 10-11psi) do not be tempted to dick about with the boost.
    Who ever told you its ok with 1.2 ish bar is a complete idiot and you should ignore them.
    You run to much boost on stock stuff you will hit fuel cut, 1.2 bar will hit FC so will 1 bar in cold weather.
    You run ~1 bar on stock plugs and you could very easily melt the end off one or more, this will muller a valve or a piston (a very well know monkey on here did that a few years ago when he accidentally mixed up a stock heat range plug with the rest)
    You run ~bar on stock pump and you seriously run the risk of a lean condition part way through the rev range as the shit stock unit cant flow, this does stuff like above... but could be even worse.
    You run any boost increase like that without proper petrol and you will melt stuff, det or god knows what, especially if your already on the limit with poor pumps, wrong plugs and god knows what else.

Do it cheep and you will be paying £££s

mmmm okok i do agree with u i will turn it down tomo mornin mmm few questions

1. where can /wat make up rated fuel pump shall i get ???
    2. what sort of plugs ???
    3. would this be a suitable intercooler ??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-200SX-S...item27acc18247

if not can u point me in the right direction

4. iv all ready got a full 3" exhaust system and im gettin a 3" down pipe fitted in the next few weeks is that ok ??

and any other mods to help with turnin boost up would help

Rides
    ignore me
    Last edited by Adams; 27-02-2010 at 18:34.

Rides
    Listen to sideways mate ,you will kill your motor .You need a wolbro fuel pump ,a set of colder plugs,start feeding it the good stuff and if you want to run 1 bar then a front mounted IC aswell

Rides
    okok thats for that i have been looking into it all going to be costly

Rides
    do you know if the walbro fuel pumps for a s14 are the same as the s14a ??? thanks

Rides
    Identical

Rides
    ok the answer to your boost problem i.e you having to wind the controller all the way out, i have the answer...i have the same boost controller atm...with the boost controller you should have another little blue box thing pictured here
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Manual-boost-c...item19ba406837

this is wat you plum in the the turbo system then you tee that into the actual boost controller, its the little box that has the ball and spring in it, the controller itself just allows you to turn it up and down. i was confused too at first then i read the instructions and all all made sense...now im running 1.2 bar by winding the controller open by just 3 clicks

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by japdrifter View Post
    ok the answer to your boost problem i.e you having to wind the controller all the way out, i have the answer...i have the same boost controller atm...with the boost controller you should have another little blue box thing pictured here
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Manual-boost-c...item19ba406837

this is wat you plum in the the turbo system then you tee that into the actual boost controller, its the little box that has the ball and spring in it, the controller itself just allows you to turn it up and down. i was confused too at first then i read the instructions and all all made sense...now im running 1.2 bar by winding the controller open by just 3 clicks
    can u take a picture of ur set up and post on here please i was told that that tee piece was for twin turbos ?? i didnt get any instuctions in mine :/ thnaks

Rides
    having a look at this thread, and you defo need your t piece in there buddy.. see where youve got you MBC wired into the actuator and then a yellow pipe coming off the other nipple? the other nipple should be free coz thats where it bleeds pressure from..
    the t piece goes from boost source - tpiece-acctuator the the other nipple on t fits onto MBC il get a pic of mine today for u..

Rides
    i sorted this out alonggg time ago mateee it was that t piece but i ended up buyin a apex one instead and it worked great but thanks for the info