Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pulsar gti r or impreza

Rides
    Riske are you selling the pulsar is it someone else as that looks very similar to what im after does it have upgraded brakes?

Rides
    not sure if its been mentioned cos iv not read through all the posts, but on pulsars look out for weak peddle boxes as the clutch pedal weld breaks from the firewall and you cant engage the clutch also make sure the selector fork has been reinforced with a welded piece over the ball socket as they snap due to ppl launching them and all the torques they give, just a word of warning as to what id be looking at if i was buying another one, no idea on impreza's though never had one

Rides
    my old one

only really chose one to be different from everyone else. imo there handling prob isnt as good as a scooby or evo, mainly due to the gearbox`s sending most of the power to the front (about 70% front and 30%rear iirc) mine only had lowering springs, but still handled reasonable well considering. very hard car to loose control off imo. if it were me id try and get one with around 300bhp, mine had 320ish and was probably one of the most fun cars iv had. never broke on me either.

oh and try get one with uprgraded brakes

Rides
    bestest colour

mine was loads of fun until the peddle box snapped then i just lost faith in it, and bought a s14 lol another car i should have stayed away from,

Rides
    black is the best ;-)

Rides
    I drove a mates 330bhp pulsar a while back and it was a real hoot, great fun down the little country roads we were on.

People have got it pretty spot on though, the pulsar is more exciting but the scooby better handling. Evo's kind of combine the excitement and handling in one package

Rides
    Hats off to Nissan for making something so bonkers though, love it. They're just so ugly and silly but that's what makes them so cool.

Rides
    never really enjoyed driving pulsars personally.
    people that say scoobs arent as exciting need to drive one of the good ones, such as a type-r or type-ra STI, with the dccd/short ratio box etc. Those things are absolutely savage - i remember years ago jumping out of an evo 4 and into an sti type-ra (4dr), and after a quick blap, i got out shaking.

absolute animal. i need one.

Rides
    Mine had 4 pot wilwood 300mm discs front and grooved rears. I also had a reinforced clutch fork put in and a brand new pedal box which i reinforced too. Had both break on me. The metal in the pedal box is like kitchen foil lol. Also had brand new braided lines, new clutch master and slaves in. Just got mine all sorted, then i fell in love with drifting and couldnt quite do it properly in the R so sold it.

Rides
    riske - would u have another though as a second car mind

Rides
    Get a Classic Impreza STI IV/V/VI around 300BHP stock when remapped for UK fuel, bilsteins & 4pot brakes from the factory, stronger engine and box than stock WRX/UK2000, pulls hard to 8krpm.

Pulsars while having lots of potential also need a fair bit spent on them to bring to the level of a stock STI/EVO & are definately not as reliable as either.

Subjectively the Impreza is less exciting than the equivalent EVO but is no contest easier to live with every day when your not wanting to cane it.

I'm a little biased as I have an STI V but I see your in Glasgow i'm just over by the airport at Johnstone come over at the weekend & I'll take you out in it for a play and you can see if the Impreza floats yer boat

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ecksjay View Post
    never really enjoyed driving pulsars personally.
    people that say scoobs arent as exciting need to drive one of the good ones, such as a type-r or type-ra STI, with the dccd/short ratio box etc. Those things are absolutely savage - i remember years ago jumping out of an evo 4 and into an sti type-ra (4dr), and after a quick blap, i got out shaking.

absolute animal. i need one.
    What he said

Rides
    Yeah i would have 2 if i could afford em. standard Light weight RB version for everday use. and a 400bhp fully forged monster for wiping the smiles off of £200k car owners. My sx for drifting.

Rides
    well im lucky in that I have a daily driver and a 200sx but I would like a 4wd to complete the set :P Im really after handling over outright speed but the pulsar seems to have both, I have driven an evo 8 running 400bhp and I know they do defy physics but the pulsar cant be to far behind.

Rides
    If you are keeping the 200 and want a 4x4 get a proper one

Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Not sure how much of this to believe, but Rosenberg once told me that gearboxes were a problem on the Pulsars, especially if you tuned them.

Other than that, a mate of mine had a Pulsar, then got a Scooby, then got a Golf R32 and I have to be honest, the latter was the best car out of all 3 IMHO.

Personally as others have said, if it was me, I'd get an Evo.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If you are keeping the 200 and want a 4x4 get a proper one

or one of these

Rides
    The gearboxes are a problem but if you look after them and dont crunch gears etc or launch that much then youll be fine

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by riske View Post
    The gearboxes are a problem but if you look after them and dont crunch gears etc or launch that much then youll be fine
    Oh, bit like GTR gearboxes then

Rides
    pulsar gearboxes are an issue, regardless

still spare are cheap enough

fast little rocket, remember it was built in 1990...

GT-R gearboxes do not break, only on big power (r32/33 box) you must have bought some cheap cr*p ones for it to break