Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bioshock 2

Rides

bioshock 2

anyone got it , i picked it up today and was gonna skive off work to play it as i was hooked on the first one and was totally took in after half hour on number 2,

Rides
    yeah mine arrived on monday.. although i am enjoying it there isnt that much variety in levels and is very samey to the first game even though you play a big daddy. And the bits where you have to protect the little sister while she harvest adam are a complete pain.

Rides
    I'm going to have another moan at developers not giving a flying fcuk about PC owners. Again.

After the debacle surrounding Bioshock's lack of real support for widescreen monitors (it actually just took the 4:3 image and cropped the top and bottom, giving widescreen owners LESS to look at, rather than taking the 4:3 image and adding to the left and right as you would expect), well, they've gone and bloody done it again in Bioshock 2

How many more times FFS

Actually, I don't know why I'm annoyed really, I'm not buying it . I bought the original when it came out and was completely underwhelmed by it TBH

Rides
    Was planning on getting it as soon as it came out but now ive got MW2 ill wait until I get bored of that

If its anything like 1 ill love it but only play it through once

Rides
    i got the first one on the xbox 360 recently when i bagged a pile of games cheap.
    i played it for a bit and while i could see it was an okay game. thats all it was for me, an okay game.
    the visuals looked great but the gameplay itself hasnt done a whole lot for me yet.

in saying that, i only played as far as where you meet the doctor and have to kill him.
    well, a little bit later then that but it didnt hook me.
    i turned it off and haven't gone back to it yet.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    I'm going to have another moan at developers not giving a flying fcuk about PC owners. Again.

Actually, I don't know why I'm annoyed really, I'm not buying it . I bought the original when it came out and was completely underwhelmed by it TBH
    Agreed Great graphics etc, but seriously overrated, it really is not a super amazing game, and I've had this argument with quite a few people - so I won't be buying number two either.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    I played the first one a little bit. Was hunting down the Doctor then got kinda stuck and then got kinda fed up with the whole first person role playing game it was becoming... maybe I wasnt intuitive enough to create the weapons and what not. Visually stunning and created a great atmosphere!

Rides
    im not bothering collecting adam anymore i just harvest the little sisters, samves time but then u have to take on a big sister thats a pain

Rides
    Never really got on well with the 1st one... played for about an hour and never came back to it. After reading reviews dont think this would be much different.

Multiplayer sounds a bit underwhelming as well...

Sitting tight with TF2 waiting for BF:BC2 ^^

Edit: for PC people who do want a proper FOV, look here for some info.
    Last edited by highland; 11-02-2010 at 12:36.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    I played the first one a little bit. Was hunting down the Doctor then got kinda stuck and then got kinda fed up..
    Pretty much how I felt about the first one. Can't be bothered with the second.

Rides
    I've got it for the PC - enjoying it so far but my comp can't quite handle all the effects (fire, arcing electricitly, running water etc) with the graphics maxed out on 1680x1050 resolution

Still, I'm not turning it down 'cos most of the time it's fine and it looks really pretty

I'm also loving being able to play the PC version with my PS3 controller wirelessly - as me if you want to know how

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete C View Post

I'm also loving being able to play the PC version with my PS3 controller wirelessly - as me if you want to know how
    How?

Rides
    'meh' is my summary so far, about an hour in.

not feeling it too much, out of a choice of stalker COP and this, i'm going to choose stalker
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by blue boy View Post
    How?
    See here: http://www.davieslim.com/ps3/use-ps3...ess-bluetooth/

For Bioshock you'll also need a piece of software called Xpadder as the game doesn't support anything other than keyboard/mouse control
    Last edited by Pete C; 14-02-2010 at 15:18.

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    FYI everybody, just installed Windows 7 and tried the game, runs loads smoother than it did on XP for some reason

I'm not complaining

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    I'm pretty 'Meh' too. It's alright and i'll probably still complete it for my love of the first game but like gamespot said this is like one of those movie remakes, which is good enough to watch and a faithful reproduction of the first one, but it doesn't really need to exist story wise. It's just there because 2K made a shed load of money on the first.

Still can't blame them as they are a business and i like collecting the audio tapes and looking round the world anyway Also Borderlands gave me big respect for 2K

Rides
    If I can get the bastard ****ing game to run for more than 6 consecutive minutes (on PC), its not bad.
    That last crash, though...took out most of my drivers/registry/startup info and all my save games, so it can go **** itself, until they release a proper patch.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro View Post
    If I can get the bastard ****ing game to run for more than 6 consecutive minutes (on PC), its not bad.
    That last crash, though...took out most of my drivers/registry/startup info and all my save games, so it can go **** itself, until they release a proper patch.

I've not had a single problem with the PC version, and I'm still on version 1.0

I really like it, but then I never played the first one so I would

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    Just tried playing this again, but I still don't get it.

Why do you never have any ammo? It just seems like alot of dying, coming back and hiting people with a drill

Rides
    It looks nice, plays ok, stories pretty different from most games but I find I spend all my b@stard time looking at the floor clicking the button as not to miss picking anything up, AaaaaaaaAAAAAaaaaaaaAAaaaAAaaaaaarrrrrrarrrrrrarra rrrrrRRrRRrgh!!!