Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: my s14a project thread :)

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Agreed tbh. The gracer skirts aren't big enough a change to warrant a swap. 99% perfect is more than good enough
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    so this week have been prepping the car for the mot. first on the list was sorting out the rear spacers. we noticed on the test drive the other day that the tyres were constantly rubbing on the arches so I've had to step down to 20mm hubcentrics now. bought some nice new black anodised ones which turned up mid week. happy to say theres now no rubbing. I've also bought another set of 3mm spacers just to see if i can get the wheel sitting nice and flush to almost how they were before. no biggie if not but worth a try i guess.

upon testing the new spacers in the week i went to drive the car out for a test run but didnt even make it to the road and the car just cut out. had a 'low battery' warning come up on the stack dash and died a few seconds later. really do love how the stack dash warns you of any low/dangerous readings, its almost impossible to miss the warnings which is just what u want. anyway I've noticed the last few occasions starting her up she's sounded a tad sluggish on start up. although the battery was now flat it was obvious the battery wasn't at fault as its brand new so put it down to the alternator not charging properly. luckily i had a spare in the unit so last night i stayed down the unit till late swapping over the alternators. old one came out without to much trouble was then just a case of swapping over pulleys and putting the new one back on.

the rest of the time i spent down there was just tidying up the inside and finishing off a few last bits in the interior. genuine silvia floor mats reinstalled lol

despite only getting 5 hours sleep i was up early to get down to the car this morning with mitch to take the car to mot centre. the drive down there was all smooth but did notice an exhaust rattle, whilst the car was in the air at the mot centre we discovered the exhaust wasn't bolted to the downpipe. luckily my screamer pipe brace managed to hold the exhaust in place so stayed on for the whole journey. i know i definitely done up the downpipe nut/bolts super tight. but was now clear that obviously when i had the downpipe made the wrong nut and bolts were used, anyways we sorted some better nuts and bolts now and it seems to have done the trick. anyways back to the mot, she passed whoop whoop. genuine nissan mot too (ignore the front plate its just a temporary one)

got back to unit and decided to do a bit more tidying in the interior. still never got round to properly installing the drivers door card. still had a few of the trim pieces to fit so got them fitted and set about to finally changing the wheel back over to my nerd thats about it for today got a few snaps of the interior as have yet to get some decent ones outside. all needs a bit of a clean as its a little dusty in there but you get the idea.

hopefully ill get the car out again tomorrow to get some miles on her.

Rides
    This is so amazing Nash. I love it so much.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Congrats mate, getting the mot is massive.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    cheers lads.

oh and I've just paid up for weekender

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Yes!!!!!!

Rides
    Awesome! Really looking complete now, very nice.

Rides
    Epic as all i can say. I love what you've done with the front end, looks awesome. Top work on the spec too.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    Awesome! Really looking complete now, very nice.
    cheers mate. yeah its so nice to finally have it complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    Epic as all i can say. I love what you've done with the front end, looks awesome. Top work on the spec too.
    thanks for the kind words sean, yeah i think it stands out to every other kouki I've seen. nice to be different . just trying to hit up as many shows/meets now before the weather changes for the worse. anyone going japfest 2?

took the car out for a run today to meet up with some mates at a local annual american/hotrod meet. was really surprised the amount of attention the car was getting considering i had one of the newest and none american cars there.

so nice to be out driving again

Rides
    nothing too exiting this week I'm afraid but few small bits done on the motor. finally got the carbon cooling panel back on.

now that I'm out driving the car I'm finding a few small teething problems. first of which is the ride height. the front wheels are catching the inner arch so have a few solutions to try solve that problem. first obvious thing i can try is to raise it slightly so raised the coilovers a few mm to see if that solves it. won't know if its worked until i drive it more. doubt ill raise it anymore though as I'm really liking how its sitting right now.

whilst the front wheels were off i decided to fit the arch liners back in. cut both liners in half as only want the rear sections of the liners to stop stones etc from flicking up behind the wings. also fitted some new bosch wipers as the old ones were knackered.

also set about getting the new private plate fitted. closest plate i could get to saying kouki lol

whats peoples opinions leave the plate as it is or add some dots?

also managed to set up all the warnings on all my gauges, pretty much all ready for the weekender now

Rides
    With dots you'll deffo get pulled mate. Car looked well nice at ace last night

Rides
    not a huge amount to update on tbh, I've just been out enjoying the car which has been nice. pic of me and a mate at the reading jap meet last week, will notice the new front plate too

two things which have been bugging me since the car has been on the road, one of which is the dump valve sounds shite on this new setup so its come off. and the second is that iv not had a working speedo. so last week ordered up a new roose hose to add a DV blank and also a new stack speedo sensor.

no pics of the blank fitted but nothing too exiting lol. the speedo sensor is now moved to a better location on the front hub to receive a better signal. once fitted we took it for a spin, had to download a mph app on my phone to calibrate the new sensor. now working spot on I'm pleased to say, its little jobs like this that always seem rewarding

next trip was to the weekender. couldn't resist a cheeky petrol station snap on the way there.

seeing as the car is still a fresh build rockingham was a good shake down for the car. had the car in low boost for the trackday for a couple reasons really a) its still bloody quick in low boost b)wanted to run the car semi safe c) i never planned on going out pushing the car/myself to the limit.
    first half of the day the car was running faultless, car felt really quick and had tonnes of grip, really impressed with the new 4.1 nismo diff setup even when the car was into a slide it just felt so controllable. the 2nd half of the day didnt go so well. all started with a boost hose popping off, from then on it was boost problems for the rest of the day sadly. nothing too major I'm happy to say, first one was a vacuum popping off the map sensor, then had the banjo vacuum fittings on the wastage come loose, then had a vacuum t piece melt lol. manage to temporary sort all these problems but on the last drive out noticed the afr was running a little rich so called it a day, so a day of mixed emotions really lol. prob didnt help that it was very hot yesterday. but I'm just happy the car survived the day haha. one thing I've learnt is how important it is to have all the right gauges. all the temp and pressure gauges were reading spot on all day and were warning me when things were going wrong which is imperativee imo. without that wideband gauge id have never known it was running rich a lesson learnt for sure

little snap waiting to go out on track

so now have a few changes to make then will book in for another mapping session. just want to thank the sxoc for putting on another awesome weekender, track layout was awesome fun. also big thanks to martin battye for helping out when the car was having troubles. never even met the bloke before but he was more happy to help out with the car, he also seemed pretty impressed with the whole car which is always nice to hear from a tuner.

if anyone got any pics of the car over the weekender feel free to stick em in here

Rides
    Its looking great mate! Enjoy it! Plate is awesome too. 🏾

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Looked great buddy, shame you had a few issues but like you said it was a good shakedown for it. I think everyone had an issue or 2, heat being the biggest.

Rides
    Always better to call it a day and rest your car rather than take the 'I'm sure it'll be fine' route. Glad you've enjoyed your car so far mate, so good to see you out and about in it.

Rides
    few cool pics from some of the sxoc photographers. thanks guys

Last edited by nash`s; 01-09-2015 at 17:56.

Rides
    Those pit shots are awesome

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    Those pit shots are awesome
    Especially the top two

Rides
    started collecting bits for the new fuel system.

x2 bosch filters

bosch 044 pump

x3 cradles, -6 hose, -8 hose and all the appropriate AN fittings.

and everything together along with swirl pot.

Rides
    Interested to see how you plumb this all up, I need to do the same with mine.