Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast

Thread: my s14a project thread :)

Rides
    update time

bought a new vibra technics gear box mount. awesome bit of kit

old vs new

yesterday i made the long trip up to APT to let gary work his magic once again. ignore the lack of the front bumper, wouldn't fit on the trailer with it on

had a few teething problems, first was a small misfire which was caused by number 1 & 2 spark plug holes being filled with water. this was partly due to the car being left outside overnight in the rain the night before, but also from washing the car the week before. next mod will be to make a rain guard under the bonnet vents to stop this happening again, lesson learnt for sure.
    anyway luckily i always take a new set of plugs to my mapping sessions (good bit of advice for anyone else) so gary gapped up the new plugs and went again. car was running a lot better but the higher the boost was increased the more trouble we had, this time with boost hoses coming off. gary gave the car one last run with 1.9 bar of boost and the car made 501bhp 425lbft and even on that run a hose popped off. happy is an understatement , never thought the car would hit the 500 mark goes to show how much the old stock fuel lines and nismo pump was holding me back. garys advised the car to be run in low boost (1.5 bar @458bhp) for time being until i get my hard pipes modified with bigger flares. I'm happy with that though, car feels rapid in low boost. garys also advised some other small mods i need to do but will go into more details in another update.

so after the long drive back home i set about getting the car ready for tunerfest at brands. washed the car, fitted the bumper back on then lowered my coilovers back to normal height as had to raise them for the dyno. and also decided to change the colour of the sidelights to orange. attempted this a couple weeks ago on some spare lights by painting them but they came out shite :face palm:

so bought some amber coloured film instead, worked out much better

really pleased with how the car looks with them fitted
    Last edited by nash`s; 16-07-2016 at 08:35.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nash`s View Post
    car made 501bhp 425lbft
    Holy shit. That's awesome dude .

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    1.9bar proper figures though mate, wish I had the understanding and wallet to push big bhp.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Looking fantastic Nash, I see you have come over to the Amber side too
    Not everyone's taste but I think it looks great
    postimage

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Holy shit. That's awesome dude .
    cheers daz

Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    1.9bar proper figures though mate, wish I had the understanding and wallet to push big bhp.
    thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyCarbonFX View Post
    Looking fantastic Nash, I see you have come over to the Amber side too
    Not everyone's taste but I think it looks great
    postimage
    cheers man, yeah not going to be to everyones taste but **** it, i think it looks good. got a spare set of sidelights if i decide i to change back.

Rides
    Did you colour coordinate your ratchet straps?

501 is so bloody good. Any idea how much the car weighs?

Rides
    Awesome dyno result mate! and the amber sidelights work really well too.

Have you ever been tempted to paint your side skirts black? could look pretty good

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    Did you colour coordinate your ratchet straps?

501 is so bloody good. Any idea how much the car weighs?
    haha borrowed my mates trailer for the day so no

have no idea what the car weighs. haven't really done an awful lot of weight saving so id imagine weighs not far off from standard weight.

Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    Awesome dyno result mate! and the amber sidelights work really well too.

Have you ever been tempted to paint your side skirts black? could look pretty good
    cheers man

guy in the U.S has done that and I'm not keen imo.

granted not the same skirts but you get the picture. I'm happy with how the exterior looks so wont be changing much anytime soon.

Rides
    cheers man

guy in the U.S has done that and I'm not keen imo.

granted not the same skirts but you get the picture. I'm happy with how the exterior looks so wont be changing much anytime soon.
    I think having seen that you're right, your looks better. The US seems like it's an unfinished project
    Last edited by sx rider r17t; 20-07-2016 at 17:39.

Rides
    What are your gearbox plans with the car running that HP and torque figure?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cazzz View Post
    What are your gearbox plans with the car running that HP and torque figure?
    already running an osgiken gear set so have no plans on changing box

not an awful lot to update on but after mapping gary advised to install a engine management warning light seeing as I've changed all my clocks. so ordered a couple new dash lights the same as the indicator lights I've already got. took the dash out and got them fitted. would have looked odd just installing one light so bought a full beam light too.

quite pleased with how they came out, may decide to add a few more in the future but for now its staying as is. last week also decided to buy and fit a tow strap. plan on doing a few trackways and the oem tow eyes aren't that accessible what with the fmic and kouki bumper. so bought a takata strap, will have it tucked out of sight most of the time and just have it visible when on track days etc.

thats all I've got to update on sadly. did give the car a good clean in preparation for japshow so will leave you with a few pics sunday

sxoc stand had a real nice variety of sbodys and was good to hang out with a few members for the day. car sadly broke down 10 mins after leaving santa pod and had to get recovered home. won't go into that now but did put a downer on what was a good day
    Last edited by nash`s; 16-07-2016 at 08:40.

Rides
    Was great to see you and the car at japshow Andrew! Car looked ace

That is a real shame about breaking down i hope it wasn't nothing too serious :-/

Rides
    Nice to see you pal, good to finally have some time to have a chat! The cars a credit to you

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    Was great to see you and the car at japshow Andrew! Car looked ace

That is a real shame about breaking down i hope it wasn't nothing too serious :-/
    Cheers mate, and thanks for organising the stand

Breakdown could have been worse hopefully have it fixed in a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanR View Post
    Nice to see you pal, good to finally have some time to have a chat! The cars a credit to you
    And you mate. Can't leave it too long til the next meet

Rides
    Car looks awesome man deffo my fave 14 must pull like a train now. Hopefully see it at s show this year if I cAn make one

Rides
    Easily in my top 3 favourite koukis. Good work nash

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Great work mate!

Rides
    Car looks great man. Much better than the US inspiration with the silly skirts!

Rides
    thanks for the nice comments chaps

so after leaving santa pod a few weeks back was cruising along at a steady 40mph and all of sudden a loud bang and one of the front wheels locked up. luckily managed to stop the car safely, thinking back now could have been a lot worse.

anyway upon inspecting the car the passenger front calliper was no longer attached to the disc WTF! jacked car up and took wheel of and was apparent that the calliper bracket has failed somehow. not exactly sure how this happened and probably never will know. my guess is that one of the bolts going into the hub worked its way loose, could be totally wrong as all the bolts were still there.

seeing as there was no chance of repairing it on the roadside, had no chance but to get recovered home. couple days later decided to strip everything down and decide what needed replacing. luckily the calliper and wheel were fine albeit a few scrapes and scratches. the brackets obviously needed replacing

and also noticed the lower arm had taken a pretty hefty whack

luckily for me i had some spare nismo lower arms in my unit, the old ones could possibly still be ok and be repaired easily if needed but seeing as I've got spares was just easier swapping them over compared the two

the brackets however wasn't an easy fix it seemed. no one had any in stock, seems like they are made to order and only option i had was to either try a k-sport bracket or send the one good bracket to ap to get copied. in the end i gave them to a mate to sort at his work. the machinist luckily had a couple blocks of aircraft grade alley sitting in the back of his workshop he's had for 30 years lol, and to make things better he only charged me for the labour happy days

new assembly bolts too.

decided to replace the brake lines too. pro-line motorsport sorted me right out

all back together.

car now seems to be fine although yesterday i did notice a small knock on the front somewhere will have to investigate that, also now due an mot so will get that sorted in the next week or so.

few pics from a couple meets over the last couple weekends

fly-mo
    Last edited by nash`s; 08-08-2016 at 20:50.

Rides
    Glad you got it all sorted. Such a freak occurrence just glad it didn't cause a crash.