Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: my s14a project thread :)

Rides
    now that's a nice s-body! well done Nash

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    It's very subjective but the only way it could be better IMHO is gracer skirts. The cars a real credit to you mate and easily one of the finest in the country

Wheel choice is also subjective and I still love the nismo's
    Yeah I've thought about the gracer skirts. If a set come up I might get em. The wheels I don't think I'll ever sell. Have recently had thoughts of doing them black so that's an option. Am also looking to getting a second set of wheels too.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisyboi s14 View Post
    Wow Nash! That's just stunning.

Are the skirts and rear splats on you white inspiration the gracer ones Chris is on about? They look really good, a lot deeper than normal.

Yours definitely looks better with a grill. Can't dicide wether you should black up the side lights tho? Would it look better?
    Not sure on the skirts on the one I posted will have a dig around tonight see if I can find out.
    I did think about black skirts but think personally looks better with skirts kept white. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Looking very very nice mate, tip top.
    Thanks geez. Can't wait to drive the bloody thing now, so close too.

Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Wow.

Agree with Chris, slightly deeper skirts to meet the line of the front splitter and boom!
    As said above I think I might keep an eye out for some, quiet rare though so could be waiting a while.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    They really aren't needed mate. It's stunning as is there's only a few sets in the country iirc.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    White skirts for me. The black bonnet ties in the lip so black skirts aren't needed imo

Rides
    Yeah that's exactly what I think. Rear bumper would look out of place then lol. Unless you have a kouki rear bumper and do the bottom lip of the bumper and spats black. Like Mel said think the bonnet ties in well with the lip. I'm happy with how it is

Rides
    100% leave the skirts white! Looks so mean as it is.

Rides
    Shit, this is so good. Even like the unpainted lip, which I haven't liked on other cars.

This is so good.

No black skirts; it'll start looking like unpainted aero.

Some carbon diffuser action in the rear could balance the black/white theme though?|

Edit: also just checked Mitch's thread; you guys are both building some amazing cars.
    Last edited by Quail; 27-07-2015 at 13:24.

Rides
    Nash that looks sooooooooooooo freaking cool! I love it

You have done an amazing job! I would just put a kouki rear end + kouki spats...hard to find and expensive but would finish that off perfectly IMO!

Oh and a kouki wing!

Pretty much like your inspiration picture! I just find that it would complete the so agressive front end really well

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisyboi s14 View Post
    100% leave the skirts white! Looks so mean as it is.
    don't worry skirts are staying white. like i said i thought about it a while back but after seeing a few s14s trying to pull of the look i decided against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    Shit, this is so good. Even like the unpainted lip, which I haven't liked on other cars.

This is so good.

No black skirts; it'll start looking like unpainted aero.

Some carbon diffuser action in the rear could balance the black/white theme though?|

Edit: also just checked Mitch's thread; you guys are both building some amazing cars.
    yeah tbh iv also seen a few other kouki's with the same colour combo and it doesn't look as good. iv had the this vision in my head ever since i bought the white zenki 2 years ago what i wanted it to look like and its come out exactly how i wanted it too.
    yeah iv had thoughts about doing splitters/diffusers etc and tbh i don't think id be able to pull one off. plus I've kinda always liked the look of a plain zenki bumper. thanks for the kind words though mate means a lot. yeah my car is nice but mitchs build is on a different level to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by YannG View Post
    Nash that looks sooooooooooooo freaking cool! I love it

You have done an amazing job! I would just put a kouki rear end + kouki spats...hard to find and expensive but would finish that off perfectly IMO!

Oh and a kouki wing!

Pretty much like your inspiration picture! I just find that it would complete the so agressive front end really well
    cheers yang. i know what your saying and i do really like the look of full kouki kits with spats/spoilers etc but as i just said iv always preferred the zenki rear end to kouki. won't be to everyones taste but oh well.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Kouki front with a zenki rear is the perfect combo
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Yep thats it

Rides
    holy shit nash man, that looks so amazing, good on you!!

me being a total scene head i'd love to see some blingy wheels. but the nismos look sweet!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Kouki front with a zenki rear is the perfect combo

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyyy View Post
    Yep thats it

Quote Originally Posted by Ross. View Post
    holy shit nash man, that looks so amazing, good on you!!

me being a total scene head i'd love to see some blingy wheels. but the nismos look sweet!
    thanks man, glad its getting the approval from you guys

yeah the thought of some blingy dishy wheels has crossed my mind if I'm honest. maybe one day

Rides
    living in croydon for long time but newer saw this car b4 nice build dude

Rides
    That looks the nuts mate

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by wwc_gang View Post
    living in croydon for long time but newer saw this car b4 nice build dude
    well I've never actually driven this car yet lol but the cars been in croydon for a few years now. used to look like this

you may have seen my old red 200sx if you lived in croydon a while. go back to beginning of this thread to see the red car .

Quote Originally Posted by jhjafri View Post
    That looks the nuts mate
    cheers mate

Rides
    not a great deal to update on sadly but got a few small jobs done over the weekend.

first up a few small packages that turned up during the week. some new spire clips to hold number plate and kouki indicators in place.

bag of number plate fixings

and finally my new indicator lights, decided to get some better quality ones this time.

one small problem with these is that the connectors are tiny compared to usual warning lights

so made up some new connectors soldered to the back of the lights.

also had to enlarge the old holes a little so they would sit nice and flush, pleased with the fitment though

back in the car and working perfectly. lights look super bright in pics, bit hard to get a decent pic of them if I'm honest.

got few other jobs done like number plates on, brake likes working, fog light working, semi wired up a horn, rear view mirror fitted, bled brakes again. also took the car for a little road test to make sure everything is all good in prep for the mot next week. everything seems to be ok apart from a couple things, 1st thing i noticed is i still have a spongy brake pedal, now thinking a bigger bmc maybe the solution but will have another tinker after the mot i think. 2nd problem is the rear tyres a rubbing pretty bad so have just ordered some smaller spacers. all in all not too bad really was nice to finally take it for a drive i must admit

Rides
    Looking awesome, id say a kouki rear end with wing. And some lower skirts like some BNs

Rides
    Cheers mate. Like I said before I've always preferred the zenki rear over the kouki so doubt il be changing. And the skirts I prefer to most others on the market. Like I said I might get some gracer skirts if any pop up but I'm really happy with how the car looks right now.

Rides
    Dont change a thing bodywork wise. It doesnt need it.

End of.