Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: my s14a project thread :)

Rides
    Great shout on the brake lines, the way the banjos fitted on mine used to get on my nerves.

Rides
    spent another day down the unit with mitch. plan of action was to carry on getting the turbo installed with all lines connected.

never made any braided lines with AN fittings before so was all a bit new to me. mitch has a bit of experience making them so he helped me on the first one and left me to it . first line was the oil feed. turned out alright for my first one

fitted the lines as i was going

next up was the water return. quick pic of the male fitting on the block

2 down 2 to go

next up the water feed. fitted the fitting into the water neck.

this is where i started to run into some problems. when the water neck was bolted to the engine i was unable to screw the straight -6 fitting into it as it was hitting on the mani. i contemplated on fitting a 45or 90 degree fitting instead but that would have ment having a much longer unnecessary hose. iv still yet to get a gktech water neck spacer so that i can fit my water temp gauge sensor inn. so i had an idea to roughly guess the thickness of the spacer plate using washers and try again. this time i was able to get the fitting on . just hope when i order it its a similar thickness.

as you can see even when spaced out it still sits pretty close.

once i was happy with the cleanse i went ahead and made the line and installed it.

plan was to use a 90 degree -6 on the turbo but wasn't keen on the angle of the hose coming off the turbo. so pinched a 45 degree fitting i had for the fuel system instead. was an absolute to tighten up, but it sits nice and neat now.

last turbo line was the oil return. thin its fair to say the bigger the hose the harder they are to make. took me a while to make it but got there in the end lol. annoying thing is i have a few more -10s to make and even a -12 to make, oh joy.

next up installed the greddy pulleys.

then went about doing the crank pulley. also ordered a new crank pullet bolt as the old was a bit minging.

then decided to quickly mock up thedown pipe to make sure a few things had enough clearance. unfortunately no,t so looks like a couple small modifications are in order. will explain all that on another day though.

thats pretty much it for today. forgot to add i also had my front hubs powder coated. look like new now

also had my cusco catch can modified by having a -10 fitting welded on

Last edited by nash`s; 02-02-2014 at 21:02.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    When I saw that this car was getting broken I was genuinely a little gutted, you've managed to rescue it and by the looks of it it's going to be far better than it was before... I really didn't think that was possible If I won the lotto this is what I'd get done to mine
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    When I saw that this car was getting broken I was genuinely a little gutted, you've managed to rescue it and by the looks of it it's going to be far better than it was before... I really didn't think that was possible If I won the lotto this is what I'd get done to mine
    thanks man, ,means a lot. always nice to get comments like this.

just trying to put my own stamp on the car. always loved the car how it was before but it was never going to stay looking the same with me. a lot of people prob not happy with me for changing it to kouki but oh well .
    Last edited by nash`s; 02-02-2014 at 19:27.

Rides
    Amazing build! Attention to detail is emmense!

A bit sad I no but I love reading the updates every Sunday!!

Rides
    I Have one of the gktech spacers in a box under my bed waiting to be fitted mate.
    Want me to throw a pair of calipers on in and get the exact thickness?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MapBoy View Post
    I Have one of the gktech spacers in a box under my bed waiting to be fitted mate.
    Want me to throw a pair of calipers on in and get the exact thickness?
    That would actually be really helpful bud

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nash`s View Post
    cheers daz

its all standard silvia stuff mate, think a lot of it is different to uk s14a's yeah I'm pleased with how the brake lines have turned out . so much better they have now been modified.

ps. I've got that bit for you in the unit mate.
    Ah right cool. With those brake lines, where do they actually stop?

Wicked, cheers for getting that bit for us. I'll send you the money for that and grab it when I next see you .

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Ah right cool. With those brake lines, where do they actually stop?

Wicked, cheers for getting that bit for us. I'll send you the money for that and grab it when I next see you .
    They go about 1-2" inside the arches if that's what your asking?

Rides
    They go about 1-2" inside the arches if that's what your asking?
    Yeah, that's what I was after. Could you grab a photo when you are next down? I'm yet to remove the original brake lines to the front but want to see how you've done yours as I might ditch my ABS but not entirely sure yet.

Rides
    Can grab a photo for u no probs. but they're not connected to the front brakes yet, might be better to wait until all the brakes are connected up first.

Rides
    had a delivery today of my new sandwich plate. went for a greddy/trust grex thermostatic sandwich plate.

looked around for ages to find a sandwich plate with cooler take offs, with built in thermostat and possibly x2 1/8 pt holes for my oil pressure/temp gauges. didn't have any luck finding a plate with all these features. i then had the idea of buying a grex plate and drilling out and tapping a thread into the blanking take offs. to my surprise they already sell these so sourced some from rhdjapan.

more updates in the week i hope

Rides
    Nice!!

Rides
    For such an extensive build, what made you go with a sandwich plate for the oil filter rather than relocate the oil filter?

Rides
    That would actually be really helpful bud
    Measured it today.

Its exactly 12mm thick. Hope that helps

Rides
    Serious quality with this Nash awesome work pal if mine is a fraction as good id be happy

Got the link to those manifold bolts guessing I'll run into the same prob

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fst4u View Post
    For such an extensive build, what made you go with a sandwich plate for the oil filter rather than relocate the oil filter?
    never been overly keen on filter relocation kits. trying to keen the bay as clean as possible, and the relocation kits just add more clutter imo. don't get wrong if i have to in the future i may go down that route. seen a fair few big power cars still run the filter in the stock location so should be all good.

Quote Originally Posted by MapBoy View Post
    Measured it today.

Its exactly 12mm thick. Hope that helps
    cheers man, i will check them measurements out next time I'm down the unit. many thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyyy View Post
    Serious quality with this Nash awesome work pal if mine is a fraction as good id be happy

Got the link to those manifold bolts guessing I'll run into the same prob
    thanks ashleyyy. I have no doubt your build will be just as good, always look forward to you're updates

na afraid not mate. I'm still yet to sort some nuts for the hard to reach studs. got some which will work down the unit but ideally would like to fit new nuts to match the rest.

Rides
    Looks really good dude, one thing I'd recommend after running the full-race set up for nearly 2 years would be to heat wrap the down pipe (I know it's coated already) and heat sleeve your oil return pipe as mine melted inside the braid where it passes the manifold runner

Rides
    Liking it Nash. Must ask though, did you AN fit the breathers just because it looks good? Also, how are you cutting your hose if I may ask?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by M200sex View Post
    Looks really good dude, one thing I'd recommend after running the full-race set up for nearly 2 years would be to heat wrap the down pipe (I know it's coated already) and heat sleeve your oil return pipe as mine melted inside the braid where it passes the manifold runner
    Wasn't planning to heat wrap the downpipe but it's something I may consider, has your downpipe been coated too? Most of the turbo lines will be wrapped, just haven't got round to doing it yet

Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Liking it Nash. Must ask though, did you AN fit the breathers just because it looks good? Also, how are you cutting your hose if I may ask?
    Well there was nothing wrong with how all the breathers were before so you could say yes . Seeing as I'm doing a lot of other lines with AN fittings, I thought May aswell do them too. Looks a lot neater too.

As for cutting the hose. You wrap electrical tape around where you are cutting to stop it all fraying then just cut with an angle grinder or hack saw.